2014/03/21 [DMFA #1471] Dimanika Seems to be Handling Things Well

Started by Rafe, March 21, 2014, 12:19:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rafe

...And things seem to have worked out well for Dan, despite some seriously disturbing news.
Speaking of disturbing, I really hope that we might get back to the action at the Warp Aci meeting, but I get the feeling that more than a glimpse or two might be too much.
Rafe

Brunhidden

much to the chagrin of the fans hoping the kilt would catch on as regular attire
Some will fall in love with life,
and drink it from a fountain;
that is pouring like an avalanche,
coming down the mountain.

Zaon

You can't forget the effects of hair gel/spray/cement to make sure your hair doesn't blow around all freaky like

ZacAttac21

This makes me wonder what a hummingbird the size of Didi would sound like...

Tuyu

Riddle78

Quote from: CubiKitsune on March 21, 2014, 01:47:19 PM
This makes me wonder what a hummingbird the size of Didi would sound like...

I said it before,but I think she sounds like a large desk fan when her wings go full throttle like that. And that's just the headwings. All three sets is gonna be LOUD. Like,Daft Punk concert sort of loud. I wonder how many allies Dan has made today,though...

joshofspam

I perfer my spam cooked on a skillet.

Eboreg

@joshofspam: What the? How in the holy hell is that pilot doing that?
Quote from: Amber Williams on October 29, 2012, 05:55:06 PM
I expect if flamethrowers exist, Matilda would be tempted to install one into her shower.

Anri

If Dimanika was truly upset, surely she'd go for something more tender than the wings!

Rafe

They have RC helicopter competitions where I live, where they take them through choreographed flying set to music.  I have no idea how the pilots remember from second to second what their orientation is.  I'm sure it takes tons of practice.  It's scary to watch, and they do wreck occasionally.  A guy was actually killed back in September in New York when one took part of his head off.

The really weird RC things are the ornithopters, which fly like birds: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pn5pPy9BX3w

And then there are the dragonfly versions: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDuvBurbjVU.
I've always assumed the Fae fly more like insects myself.

Maybe someone will develop a Fae version, especially with that Disney movie The Pirate Fairy coming out in April.  
(Haven't seen any of those Tinker Bell movies myself.)
Rafe

Lorien077

Quote from: joshofspam on March 22, 2014, 02:55:47 PM
I kind of think she would sound like this

Maybe even fly like that if she chose too fly. >:3

Flawless.  She's gotta sound like that.  And the video is impressive too, never seen an RC 'copter flip like that.

And I'm sure we'll see the kilt again... Amber doesn't want to drown in fan tears. :B
You have my permission not to love me; I am a cathedral of deadbolts and I'd rather burn myself down than change the locks.

My scribbles: http://lorien077.deviantart.com/

Naldru

Quote from: Eboreg on March 22, 2014, 03:51:17 PM
@joshofspam: What the? How in the holy hell is that pilot doing that?

See a geeky explanation here

Actually, I forgot that what I originally wanted to say was that the amount of air moved by the wings depends on their pitch and cross-section.  If the wings are at neutral pitch, they wouldn't move any air.
Learn to laugh at yourself, and you will never be without a source of amusement.