2014/03/14 [DMFA #1469] Dissing Dimanika

Started by Rafe, March 14, 2014, 12:32:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rafe

Well, time to get back to the more serious of our subplots.
Although, it does have its humorous side.

Also - notice the interesting emotional radiation in the artwork with Dimanika.  Nice touch.  Kind of gives us an insight into Cubi perceptions.
Rafe

ZacAttac21

joshofspam

Ooooooh! Group burn!

Oddly I can't help but think of the bit from Tron in that second to last panel when she shouts out all those yes's. It's also interesting they're increasing the frequency of the meetings. This might not be the last meeting we'll get to see in comic. We might get to see other other Tri-wings yet in the future.
I perfer my spam cooked on a skillet.

HaDDea

I guess Dimanika should've saved that sadface cookie for later. Sorry, Didi - fun though you are, survival of your collective race is at stake and the meetings need to go somewhere besides having to pull Mink out of the Abyss every time :P

Aisha deCabre

Aw, shoot!  Dimanika's like my favorite Clan Leader too. XD Like the Sheogorath of 'Cubi.

I guess these guys like their meetings to always be Oh So Srsly Serious though, considering.
  Yap (c) Silverfoxr.
Artist and world-weaver.

Tapewolf

That might not stop Dimanika from attending.  It only means they won't let her into the meeting room.

EDIT: For that matter, it might not stop Dimanika from pretending to be the envoy.

EDIT EDIT: In fact, that comment on the Katbox version reads:
Truth be told I don't think anyone could actually stop Dimanika from attending. But let's face it, democracy has been used to vote against things that were gonna happen anyways for centuries.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Tuyu

And would a rep really be that much of an improvement?

llearch n'n'daCorna

I do wonder if Piflak suggested that to get her suggestion about increasing frequency of meetings accepted.

... that'd be about on par with her known subtlety.

Also, Didi can select _anyone_ she likes as a rep. I think she's aiming low, here - she could make them regret kicking her out, easily. I'm sure there are worse reps she could select. A gryphon C, for example?
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Kuzma Volkov

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on March 14, 2014, 01:03:39 PM
I do wonder if Piflak suggested that to get her suggestion about increasing frequency of meetings accepted.
... that'd be about on par with her known subtlety.
Also, Didi can select _anyone_ she likes as a rep. I think she's aiming low, here - she could make them regret kicking her out, easily. I'm sure there are worse reps she could select. A gryphon C, for example?

I dunno I think you gotta think outside the box more.  :P

If her whole clan is like her to some extent. There's got to be someone that's been dieing to one up Didi.

Riddle78

In the third panel,why can I just imagine Didi's headwings going "Bvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvt",like some sort of desk fan? Also,Piflak is cleverer than your av-er-age bear,if indeed her statement to force Didi to use a middleman was just to get the whole motion passed.

Brunhidden

and dee shall wear you all for festive party hats for daring to make her sad
Some will fall in love with life,
and drink it from a fountain;
that is pouring like an avalanche,
coming down the mountain.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Brunhidden on March 15, 2014, 10:42:13 AM

.. What's Destania got to do with this?

Howl

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on March 15, 2014, 01:28:37 PM

Probably shorthand for Dimanika in this case, though it should be Di or Dimmy, since Dee is already used for Danny boy's lady dog of a mom.

Brunhidden

part of the convenience of making all your own characters in a comic world- everyone has unique names, this is as close as DMFA has gotten to people with names you can mix up but in nickname/abbreviation only

when i was in school as a kid we had so  many kids named eric we had to label them - big eric, little eric, small eric, medium eric, 'crunchy', grabchekz, fluffy joe, smelly, ect....

even the belegarth group at the park has decided 'no more guys named chris, your new name is sugarnuts'

-this is why i named my kid Eowyn-

i said dee instead of didi, cause i cant hear that without thinking dexters lab, whcih is a little too close to personality for comfort and oh ye merciful odin i can hear the voice now...  :<

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Howl on March 15, 2014, 05:50:01 PM
Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on March 15, 2014, 01:28:37 PM
Probably shorthand for Dimanika in this case, though it should be Di or Dimmy, since Dee is already used for Danny boy's lady dog of a mom.

See also "trolling" and "hassling friends" ;-]

Boog

I'm sure they all like Dimanika very much. They just like her better at a distance. :P

Mischa

Quote from: Brunhidden on March 16, 2014, 12:08:35 AMi said dee instead of didi, cause i cant hear that without thinking dexters lab, whcih is a little too close to personality for comfort and oh ye merciful odin i can hear the voice now...  :<

Dimanika: Hiya Dr. Ink, watcha doin'?
Dr. Ink:  Didi, what are you dooooing in my laboooooooratory??

Brunhidden

and many a dark sleepless night was haunted by the echo of 'what does this button do'