2014/2/21 [Matilda #50] Tell Dexeter... we've come Full Circle...

Started by Tapewolf, February 21, 2014, 03:40:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tapewolf

I like how they're speaking in control codes.  What's also interesting is how Strype seems to have prosthetics in the current DMFA era.  I suppose they're partly magical...

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

ZacAttac21

Quote from: Tapewolf on February 21, 2014, 03:40:16 AM
What's also interesting is how Strype seems to have prosthetics in the current DMFA era.  I suppose they're partly magical...
Aren't they just so badass? 8)

I wouldn't mind losing my legs if I could have prosthetics like that.

MT Hazard

Matilda: Er, sorry, I don't speak wingdings. Do you know any other fonts?
Grammar and I Don't always get on.

Link of the moment:  Sleepless domain (web comic) 

meltingface101

Considering  its  been  stated  they   have  healing  magic  for  that , I'm  pretty  sure  it  might  be  armor . Unless  Ambaargh  states  that  this  is  the  case .
All  things  float  down  here

Tapewolf

Quote from: meltingface101 on February 21, 2014, 07:47:41 AM
Considering  its  been  stated  they   have  healing  magic  for  that , I'm  pretty  sure  it  might  be  armor . Unless  Ambaargh  states  that  this  is  the  case .

IIRC Strype's character does have augmentations or cybernetic replacement parts.  I think it's the toes more than anything else which make it look more like a prosthesis than armour containing a normal, living foot.

Starcat5

I can't seem to access today's comic. In fact, I can't seem to access anything on "www.missmab.com". Anyone have the link to the backup site?
Conservative Democrat or Liberal Republican: You decide!
The Centrist line has moved a long way to the Right over the years.

I'd argue that's a horribly shallow argument, except it's completely true. ~ooklah

Tapewolf

Amber Williams

Since the missmab site is down, I'll just leave the ranty bit here for folks:

QuoteAaaaand because I know someone will ask, the tiger fellow is a cameo (Actually the whole adventuring party in the backstory you see at the start are cameos) and as for his prosthetic legs, even though the character outside of the DMFA-verse exists in a setting that involves a lot more tech and a lot less fantasy...for the purpose of his appearance in DMFA the prosthetics are magic-powered. Because really at some aspects in DMFA there has been a running theme of magic and technology sometimes feeling interchangable. And for the mindset of cybernetics, the idea that someone would go "Hey. Why not use magical stuff to augment myself? It would be infinitely better/cooler than my normal body." in a similar fashion...it's not too far fetched a concept.
That said, I had toyed with tricking out the prosthetics with runic symbols and stuff to make it look more magickey, but character-wise it didn't strike me as his style. So we can all just pretend underneath the metal casing there are some boss looking crystals and magical devices in there.

Tuyu

Oooooo... The first panel--it's the same dialog as comic 4: "...the hell? That's... ...a girl?"  :D

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Tuyu on February 21, 2014, 12:46:29 PM
Oooooo... The first panel--it's the same dialog as comic 4: "...the hell? That's... ...a girl?"  :D

No real surprise there. The fun part is... what's the rest of the text?
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Kuzma Volkov

Quote from: Starcat5 on February 21, 2014, 08:46:30 AM
I can't seem to access today's comic. In fact, I can't seem to access anything on "www.missmab.com". Anyone have the link to the backup site?

Think it's all of xepher. Wasn't able to read Project future either.

katasev

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on February 21, 2014, 02:02:21 PM
Quote from: Tuyu on February 21, 2014, 12:46:29 PM

No real surprise there. The fun part is... what's the rest of the text?

Wingding translation ho!

Panel one: ...the hell? That's... ...a girl?
Panel two: Stand back, I'm going to get closer.
Panel three: Hello? Are you ok?

I imagine magical prostheses are considerably more useful to a rugged adventurer type than a wooden pegleg! Nice to see they're both friendly AND smart - weapons out but lowered/not loaded. Should be interesting to see where we go from here!

Tuyu

Quote from: katasev on February 21, 2014, 02:25:10 PM
I imagine magical prostheses are considerably more useful to a rugged adventurer type than a wooden pegleg!
They doesn't have to be prostheses, though. They could be boots, with his real, normal feet inside.

Because magic.

katasev

They could be, except:

Quote from: Amber Williams on February 21, 2014, 11:05:00 AM
Since the missmab site is down, I'll just leave the ranty bit here for folks:

QuoteAaaaand because I know someone will ask, the tiger fellow is a cameo (Actually the whole adventuring party in the backstory you see at the start are cameos) and as for his prosthetic legs, even though the character outside of the DMFA-verse exists in a setting that involves a lot more tech and a lot less fantasy...for the purpose of his appearance in DMFA the prosthetics are magic-powered. Because really at some aspects in DMFA there has been a running theme of magic and technology sometimes feeling interchangable. And for the mindset of cybernetics, the idea that someone would go "Hey. Why not use magical stuff to augment myself? It would be infinitely better/cooler than my normal body." in a similar fashion...it's not too far fetched a concept.
That said, I had toyed with tricking out the prosthetics with runic symbols and stuff to make it look more magickey, but character-wise it didn't strike me as his style. So we can all just pretend underneath the metal casing there are some boss looking crystals and magical devices in there.

joshofspam

I think the legs look kind of cool on the tiger dude, if a bit odd looking.

I also like the concept of magic crystals and dodads in it making it work. One would assume that ones like those would cost a pretty penny to get constructed and fitted and only the best adventurers would be able to afford them. Which probably would be a good indicator of his skills as an adventurer.
I perfer my spam cooked on a skillet.

Dracologist

For those of you wonder, I took a second to translate it by simular symbols and it says "Hello?  Are you ok?"

Mermidion

Meh i am Personally not a fan of Cyber-augmentation stuff(even if you could explain them with magic.) .but if it is for a Cameo character its both,understanble and logic. thought fullplated leg armor would sound kind of interesting.

What i find rather positiv is that the tiger fellow looks like he has kind of a bigger  belly there. It looks good on him.
i sometimes get tired of comics where 95 % of the People involved have perfectly slim or athletic bodys.
Of course i don't count the Cubi here since they are all shapeshifters and it would make sense that they form there own body to there liking  :mowwink

We have come full Circle and now know Matildas Origin,it was really interesting.But i wonder if the story will end here soon or if it will continue until we get to the part were she opens her shop. :mowmeep