Once and for all, Best Castlevania ever!

Started by Leafar, September 07, 2006, 04:31:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Best Castlevania Ever is?

Castlevania 2: Simon's Quest
1 (11.1%)
Castlevania: Circle of The Moon
0 (0%)
Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow
2 (22.2%)
Castlevania: Rondo of Blood
0 (0%)
Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow
2 (22.2%)
SuperCastlevania 4
0 (0%)
Castlevania: Lament of Innocence
0 (0%)
Castlevania:  Symphony of the Night
4 (44.4%)

Total Members Voted: 5

Leafar

i don't think i saw a thread for this yet...at least since i got here...pardon me if i am wrong guys...
anyway, vote and tell why you voted ok?
let the fight begin!  :zombiekun3 :zombiekun2

Vidar

You forgot the very first castlevania for the NES, and Vampire Killer for MSX.
\^.^/ \O.O/ \¬.¬/ \O.^/ \o.o/ \-.-/' \O.o/ \0.0/ \>.</

Leafar

mmm....i posted the most popular ones...i didn't mean to post all...
should i? :S

llearch n'n'daCorna

So... are you asking which is best, or which is most popular?
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Darkmoon

In Brightest Day. In Blackest Night...

Leafar

whoops, sorry dark...again :p
hey llearch, the best you think it is...you played, liked the most...and stuff! :p

Aridas

It's not fair if you don't include them all. What if we think the first was the best? Huh? -_-

I think he also missed Castlevania 3. But I'm not sure, since I don't pay attention.

Rowne

I'm in agreement with Ari.

Still, of what's there, I have to admit that Aria of Sorrow has grown on me muchly.  It's in a tie with Castlevania IV in my mind but since it's more modern, it just pips in at the finishing line.  I do miss the unmourned and so forgotten ability to whip in eight directions, though.

Aria has grown on me primarily because firstly, it's a really nice Metroidvania, it's a bit more laid back than the other Castlevanias and has an utterly goofy story (including an army guy quitting his nation's defense forces to open up an artillery shop in Dracula's Castle) and it's intermixed weirdly with Pokémon.  It's just fun, I suppose.

Kitsune Ascendant

Quote from: Rowne on September 07, 2006, 10:54:51 PM
I'm in agreement with Ari.

Still, of what's there, I have to admit that Aria of Sorrow has grown on me muchly.  It's in a tie with Castlevania IV in my mind but since it's more modern, it just pips in at the finishing line.  I do miss the unmourned and so forgotten ability to whip in eight directions, though.

Aria has grown on me primarily because firstly, it's a really nice Metroidvania, it's a bit more laid back than the other Castlevanias and has an utterly goofy story (including an army guy quitting his nation's defense forces to open up an artillery shop in Dracula's Castle) and it's intermixed weirdly with Pokémon.  It's just fun, I suppose.

*looks at list* unless I need new glasses, you also missed harmony of disonance. but of what's there and what I've played, I'd have to say AOS followed closely by COTM.
I may be a bit young to be worrying about it so much, but I'm not changing this sig until I find true love.
yappities by silverfoxr, and are awesome.  Thanks!

Castle Pokemetroid

Leafar