2014/02/07 [DMFA #1462] Looks like Mehlata wants to axe Kria a question

Started by Lorien077, February 07, 2014, 04:35:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lorien077

How do demons live longer than two weeks indeed!

Wonder if Mehlata will end up axe-ing Kria's fluffy 'friend' a question though, as she's unfortunately blundered into danger.  Maybe Kria saving her is turning into a running gag?  (No complaints there, its pretty funny)
You have my permission not to love me; I am a cathedral of deadbolts and I'd rather burn myself down than change the locks.

My scribbles: http://lorien077.deviantart.com/

Naldru

Well, if Mehlata does give Sherri a splitting headache, I would imagine that the undead can get their head together after an injury like that.
Learn to laugh at yourself, and you will never be without a source of amusement.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Naldru on February 07, 2014, 11:14:19 AM
Well, if Mehlata does give Sherri a splitting headache, I would imagine that the undead can get their head together after an injury like that.

That would be bad - damaging the brain does actually kill the undead, IIRC.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Tuyu

Quote from: Lorien077 on February 07, 2014, 04:35:50 AM
How do demons live longer than two weeks indeed!
I think the answer to that is "the weak ones don't." ;)

ZacAttac21

Riddle78

Can the Undead see in the dark? The glowing eyes,in my head,says yes,but,who knows,but Amber?

Back on topic,I don't think Sherri will appreciate the head of homeland security skulking around a foreign VIP's house with a battleaxe that can,more than likely,divorce a dragon of their tail. And Kria,in her drunken state,will probably think it's some kind of joke. Well,there's still a chance of her thinking it was a joke even if she were sober,I'd think... And a very demon-friendly joke,too. Might makes right,and all that jazz.

HaDDea

Looks like Mehlata has come to bury the hatchet... as deeply as possible.   :giggle

I'm curious how demons manage to grow up and be even remotely well-adjusted - most demons don't seem to have the attention span to raise a child, let alone provide a healthy/stable home for their offspring.

I hope Sherri manages to live through this - she deserves a looooong vacation after this ordeal.

Silvis

I expect the same will come to Sherri as to Ree... Then again, that's too predictable... Maybe Sherri has been in on the plan all along, is hopelessly paranoid, and therefore keeps up a "I'm not a Soulstealer family hater" screen of thoughts at all times to deceive the mind readers that are EVERYWHERE. Or something completely different. Maybe Sherri is actually Owona (Not the avatar, the real thing) in disguise... No, no clan leader would be that stupid... Maybe... no... Or possibly... no, that would be bordering on her having had a lobotomy previously... Oh whatever. I'll find out Thursday.
"If there is anything to learn in the world, it is often that no matter where you are...there is a bigger fish out there. And then even then there is usually a bigger fish than that one. And then a bigger fish with like, futuristic robotic arms and stuff. And then it just gets weird."
~Amber M. Panyko
P.S.IT'S A MIMIC!
P.P.S. Why did you take out Caleb?! WHYYYYYYYYYYY!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?
P.P.P.P.S. Think about that.
P.P.P.S. Lost track of 'P's there.
P.P.P.P.P.S I am a stickler for typos.

joshofspam

Remember that Kria is the master of designating screams to a type of person.

If Mehlata screws this up and Sherri manages to scream, how likely will Kria come barreling through a wall drunken and knocks both Sherri and Mehlata down in a tangled mess? :giggle
I perfer my spam cooked on a skillet.

Eboreg

*thwapthwapthwapthwapthwap* That's what you get for making bad puns. You deserve to be punished.
Quote from: Amber Williams on October 29, 2012, 05:55:06 PM
I expect if flamethrowers exist, Matilda would be tempted to install one into her shower.

Les

I really like Baa-Baa-DeadSheep, I do hope she doesn't end-up being part of Kria's layer of Ablative Luck.   :<
Long live Space Race, Long live... Molvania!

HaDDea

Quote from: Eboreg on February 08, 2014, 07:46:28 AM

*thwapthwapthwapthwapthwap* That's what you get for making bad puns. You deserve to be punished.

Oh, is there a Pungeon around these parts?
I bet Ambarrgh is the Pungeon Master!

*Puns fall, everyone groans*

Naldru

Quote from: Tapewolf on February 07, 2014, 11:31:35 AM

That would be bad - damaging the brain does actually kill the undead, IIRC.
Here is the quote from Amber that I found.
Quote from: Amber Williams on April 12, 2013, 11:29:44 AM
It will get mentioned in the comic soon, so I figure I'll mention it now.

Because this particular variation of Undead are magically animated, they get to kind of cheat on some of the laws of physics.  For the Undead to be able to move about, all they really need are their bones and their brains.  Hence why Devin's arms are about to move around despite the upper halves being completely devoid of muscle and how Sherri here is pretty much a taxidermy project.  Or how Hannah back a bunch of storyarcs ago was able to still move her body parts despite her head being completely removed. (Generally speaking as long as the bodypart is within 100 feet of the head, it can still function about)
I would assume that this means that she can function as long as all of the pieces of the brain are within about 100 feet of the body.  That of course assumes that the brain hasn't been damaged to the point where the salsa rule is invoked.

Regarding the comment that I should be punished for puny but pungent puns, such suggestions of punitive action are unable to puncture the feeling of well-being that I feel when I punctilliously peruse the comments on this site.

I just went back to Demonology 101 based on the response to this, and I was incorrect.  However, I had to go to missmab.com to find the section.  Is Demonology 101 on the new site?  I couldn't find it.
Learn to laugh at yourself, and you will never be without a source of amusement.

Kibin

Quote from: Naldru on February 08, 2014, 03:58:45 PM
I would assume that this means that she can function as long as all of the pieces of the brain are within about 100 feet of the body.  That of course assumes that the brain hasn't been damaged to the point where the salsa rule is invoked.

Based on demonology 101 and the entry on undead, it says specifically that the brain needs to be intact in order to function. Brain intact but far away, yes(are there any brain in a jar undead?).

Riddle78

Quote from: Kibin on February 09, 2014, 04:38:44 PM
Quote from: Naldru on February 08, 2014, 03:58:45 PM

Based on demonology 101 and the entry on undead, it says specifically that the brain needs to be intact in order to function. Brain intact but far away, yes(are there any brain in a jar undead?).

Suddenly,I'm imagining a huge,armoured Undead who carries their head around,like Dullahan.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Riddle78 on February 09, 2014, 06:05:20 PM
Suddenly,I'm imagining a huge,armoured Undead who carries their head around,like Dullahan.

Could make it awkward to see, though.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Tapewolf on February 09, 2014, 06:27:57 PM

Depends on if they leave the eyes in the head or not...
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

katasev

And that's assuming (a) Mehlata goes straight for the head - since she's dealing with (or thinks she's dealing with) a demon mare who is known to have wings, she might try for a body blow first instead; and (b) Sherri's kept her brain in her head. Since she IS largely stuffed with sawdust, there's no reason to think she might not have migrated it somewhere a bit safer in the process - after all, the number one thing most beings know about undead is aim for the head, so you'd think that'd be something they might try to avoid.

joshofspam

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on February 09, 2014, 07:20:30 PM
Quote from: Tapewolf on February 09, 2014, 06:27:57 PM

Depends on if they leave the eyes in the head or not...

Now I'm thinking about two headless bosses from the house of the dead series.
I perfer my spam cooked on a skillet.