[Tinfoil hat] Gipsy Danger vs Hizell

Started by Ignuus66, December 23, 2013, 10:30:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ignuus66

I just watched Pacific rim with a friend (again), and it struck me: Who'd win in a fight?   :U
What about the end Kaigu (whatever it's name was)? Would it win against Hizell?

Edit: don't take this discussion seriously

(credit: Gabi)

Hariman

The Audience!

Well, provided they're at a minimum safe distance of at least two planets away, preferably with the footage being relayed through a third planet.

Bonus points if anyone can guess that reference.
Am I the only person who thinks that Mr. Roboto rusts out and eventually becomes the Ironman?

No not that Ironman, the other one!

meltingface101

definitely  Hizell  he  has  more  than  enough  power  to  single  handedly  wipe  out  thousands  of  enemies  capable  of  teleportation , and  other  powers  that  would  allow  them  to  wipe  the  floor  with  Pacific  Rim  Earth . This  is  such  a  brutal  stomp considering  all  Gypsy  can  do  is  punch  and  stab  .

It  was  a  funny  movie , but  when  you  think  about  the  aftermath all  the  humans  are  doomed .     
All  things  float  down  here

meltingface101

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Hariman on December 23, 2013, 11:42:26 PM

The Audience!

Well, provided they're at a minimum safe distance of at least two planets away, preferably with the footage being relayed through a third planet.

... in a bunker, with earmuffs on, around a different planet entirely, preferably in a different solar system to the one being played...
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Hariman

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on December 24, 2013, 11:04:11 PM

The Audience!

... in a bunker, with earmuffs on, around a different planet entirely, preferably in a different solar system to the one being played...

Exactly! ;D
Am I the only person who thinks that Mr. Roboto rusts out and eventually becomes the Ironman?

meltingface101

Quote from: Hariman on December 24, 2013, 11:32:28 PM

The Audience!

Exactly! ;D

Neither  Gypsy  nor  Hizell have  shown  evidence  of being  planet  buster  class .  

Kuzma Volkov

I'm pretty sure The Brain would win.

Earth would just be no more once he wins... Cause Pinky would accidentally launch all the nukes...

meltingface101

No  Hizell  is  a  dragon  thus  capable  of  inter dimensional  travel , demiplanes , etc . He  wins  because  there  is  nothing  the  opponent  can  do  to  touch  it . Is  this  already  dead ?   

Ignuus66

Quote from: meltingface101 on December 25, 2013, 02:48:29 PM
No  Hizell  is  a  dragon  thus  capable  of  inter dimensional  travel , demiplanes , etc . He  wins  because  there  is  nothing  the  opponent  can  do  to  touch  it . Is  this  already  dead ?  
Remember, dragons can get killed by simple adventurers with echanted iron swords.
Meanwhile Gypsy danger survived a nuclear blast, and can survive ocean pressures bigger than 16,099 psi, not to mention being able to survive falls from the upper atmosphere.

meltingface101

Quote from: Ignuus66 on December 25, 2013, 08:30:20 PM
No  Hizell  is  a  dragon  thus  capable  of  inter dimensional  travel , demiplanes , etc . He  wins  because  there  is  nothing  the  opponent  can  do  to  touch  it . Is  this  already  dead ?  
Remember, dragons can get killed by simple adventurers with echanted iron swords.
Meanwhile Gypsy danger survived a nuclear blast, and can survive ocean pressures bigger than 16,099 psi, not to mention being able to survive falls from the upper atmosphere.
Remember dragons can shrink down to human  size  and  teleport . Suddenly  a  nuclear  bomb  is  teleported  into  the  cockpit . In  a  straight  up  fight  the  dragon  wins . If  Gypsy  can quietly sneak  up  behind  Hizell  it  might  just  be  able  to  pull  off  a  Assassins  Creed  style  wrist  dagger  kill    .

meltingface101

I  hope  I  didn't  scare  everyone  off .   

Ignuus66

Quote from: meltingface101 on December 25, 2013, 09:02:45 PM
Quote from: Ignuus66 on December 25, 2013, 08:30:20 PM
Remember dragons can shrink down to human  size  and  teleport . Suddenly  a  nuclear  bomb  is  teleported  into  the  cockpit . In  a  straight  up  fight  the  dragon  wins . If  Gypsy  can quietly sneak  up  behind  Hizell  it  might  just  be  able  to  pull  off  a  Assassins  Creed  style  wrist  dagger  kill    .
whree would hizell get a nuclear weapon?

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: meltingface101 on December 26, 2013, 11:06:07 AM
I  hope  I  didn't  scare  everyone  off .   

I hope I didn't see you double-post, as that's against the rules. *nudge* *nudge*

joshofspam

I'd have to go with Hizell too.

I watched the Rim, one thing to remember is those guys were built to fight giant brutish monsters which often had a new surprise every attack.

Hizell is just chuck full of surprises and then some. Also he can think rather intelligently, nothing says he has to fight fair. He's probably more nimble on his feet then one of those machines as well.

Heck, Hizell could probably simply convince Gipsy Danger's ground crew to rig it to blow ten seconds into the fight. Plenty of time for him to fly to a safe distance and enjoy the fireworks. >:3
I perfer my spam cooked on a skillet.

meltingface101

I  wonder  if  Killy  from  Blame!  would  win  against  Hizell ?

Mischa

Quote from: meltingface101 on December 26, 2013, 06:41:29 PM
I  wonder  if  Killy  from  Blame!  would  win  against  Hizell ?

Perhaps?  The GBE is pretty powerful...

I'm reminded somewhat of a quote related to role-playing games:  "If you give something stats, the players will try to find a way to kill it".  As it stands, we don't really know enough about what Hizell is capable of, in terms of both his capabilities and his defenses.  Humans equipped with relatively conventional weapons likely couldn't take down Hizell, although the weapons of our magic-less world might actually be capable of defeating any magical defenses with ease (depending on exactly how the 'anti-magic' properties of magic-less materials work).  But advance human technology far enough, and you end up with weapons capable of destroying even Hizell with relative ease.

meltingface101

True the  GBE  managed  to  desrtoy  2/3 s of  the Moon , however  Hizell  is  a  precog .

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Mischa on December 27, 2013, 02:47:49 AM
Humans equipped with relatively conventional weapons likely couldn't take down Hizell, although the weapons of our magic-less world might actually be capable of defeating any magical defenses with ease (depending on exactly how the 'anti-magic' properties of magic-less materials work).

Arguably, our world (as it stands) could well have magical properties. And depending on how you work it, "working" with the weapon enough may give it magical properties by transference. So reloading the magazine might be enough, depending on how arsey the GM is feeling, to make your gun count as magical, and stop it from piercing the anti-magic barriers.

Depends on if the GM wants to make things hard for you or not. Personally, I'm on the side of making it as difficult as possible... your mileage may vary.

meltingface101

We  currently  have  lasers and  airburst  munitions   I  wonder  if  those  would  be  capable  of  getting  past  shields . Neither  requires  anything  to  physically  touch  the  target .

Considering  humans  died  of  plague  I  wonder  if  they  have  any  experience  with  chemical  and  biological  warfare . 

Tapewolf

Quote from: meltingface101 on December 27, 2013, 01:36:11 PM
Considering  humans  died  of  plague  I  wonder  if  they  have  any  experience  with  chemical  and  biological  warfare .  

The leading theory on Furrae is that humans died of plagues, but it may not be true.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Hariman

Quote from: Tapewolf on December 27, 2013, 03:37:12 PM
Quote from: meltingface101 on December 27, 2013, 01:36:11 PM
Considering  humans  died  of  plague  I  wonder  if  they  have  any  experience  with  chemical  and  biological  warfare . 

The leading theory on Furrae is that humans died of plagues, but it may not be true.

Humans are implied to have been either wiped out by the myriad of predators present in Furrae, or implied to have left Furrae to escape the myriad of predators.

Merlitz encountered the only known human to be mentioned in the comic near a dimensional portal, and helped him get back to said portal. And Rose was talking to a human in another dimension, so humans exist in the same multiverse as Furrae, but not it furrae.

Also:
Quote from: meltingface101 on December 25, 2013, 07:42:37 AM
Quote from: Hariman on December 24, 2013, 11:32:28 PM

The Audience!

Exactly! ;D

Neither  Gypsy  nor  Hizell have  shown  evidence  of being  planet  buster  class . 

Oh, that's not what we meant. This is: http://hitchhikers.wikia.com/wiki/Disaster_Area

meltingface101

It  was  indicated  that  all  humans  suddenly  dropped  dead  , with  no  real  explanation  beyond  plague .

I think  a  fair  fight  would  be  Megas  versus  the  entirety  of  Furrae .