2013/10/25 - [DMFA #1439] I've got the blue bug blues

Started by Techcubi, October 25, 2013, 01:06:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Techcubi

So, does that mean any being/cubi/whatever relationship so far has been kept secret? And, an Insectis Zezzuva representative? Orrrrrrrrrrr, some odd mythos cubi that just looks really close to one?

Nino

I LOVE HER.

(5 hours, sounds like a challenge! My guess is that she's a hybrid of a hybrid - i.e. the cubi parent was a mythos/cubi hybrid already. Otherwise, cubi magic/shapeshifting)

FANART INCOMING.

edit: gotta love the clan symbol on the shoulder. It's a bit different of a blue than on the clan page (reference) and looks to be color matched to her exoskeleton - didn't know symbols worked that way on non-skin/fur. Also, I know insectis love feathers, so I assume those antennae like things are decoration? Awesome variation on the cubi wings. Man, a tri-wing would look so cool.

edit edit: also, my guess is that her strategy to have cubi hybrids with other races so that if there were cubi living amongst those races, esp. perhaps mythos/insectis/mer, the dragons would have to attack those strongholds (underwater, underground, other extreme conditions) in order to wipe cubi out entirely. Or otherwise it's a way to get those races invested in the affairs of cubi (political ties through shared offspring - perhaps Kiki is royal?)

joshofspam

Quote from: Techcubi on October 25, 2013, 01:06:40 AM
So, does that mean any being/cubi/whatever relationship so far has been kept secret? And, an Insectis Zezzuva representative? Orrrrrrrrrrr, some odd mythos cubi that just looks really close to one?

My guess would be that it was a mythos in her clan that had a child with an Insectis.

Though the page mentions only two other races that their compatible with, one of those races is also compatible with cubi.

It's always been such an interesting thing to think about what quirks a creature might bring into the mix when having a cubi child with a cubi. For the cuckoo method to really work well, it has to make sure the child can pull that image off well. Kind of hard when one of your parents has diamond hard skin and enhanced strength.

I've always had a thought that cubi with a different creature parent might inherit smaller traits from the parent and add them to the future children that come from their direct bloodline. Say Taun's strength and some of their traits might be influenced by a slight Demon and angel influence somewhere before Tuan. Or Jin might have had a strong Mythos influence in her and her children.

I must say I'm really enjoying the look of this character....Chichi? KiKi? I noticed their might be a slight trend in naming. :U
I perfer my spam cooked on a skillet.

Techcubi

How many Werecubi and Insecubis do you think are in Clan Zezzuva already?

joshofspam

Quote from: Techcubi on October 25, 2013, 01:26:26 AM
Well...having a stable relationship with the Insectis race would give an entire underground network for Zezzuva to use. Maybe a few....

Techcubi

Quote from: joshofspam on October 25, 2013, 01:31:43 AM
Well...having a stable relationship with the Insectis race would give an entire underground network for Zezzuva to use. Maybe a few....

Well, with their clan's quirk, they have at least one, that means they also have at least two. Or, did, at least, at one point, if Kiki's twin isn't still alive.

Vinom

Made an account just to answer this question.

A Cubi from Her clan boinked a mythos with a Insectis parent, made a mythos/cubi twin (Clan trait of twining). The Mythos/cubi would allow her to 'adopt' the mythos/insectis into her clan. The (mythos/insectis)-cubi would allow her to adopt the insectis parent. So then you have an pure insectis-cubi... who boinks wildly with other insectis to produce a whole strain of insectis cubi.

Nino

Quote from: Techcubi on October 25, 2013, 01:35:25 AM

Well, with their clan's quirk, they have at least one, that means they also have at least two. Or, did, at least, at one point, if Kiki's twin isn't still alive.

Good point, unless the mother wasn't the cubi and thus this clan rule wouldn't necessarily apply (unless it would go through the male lineage regardless).

You know, I really hope this is actually a real cubi hybrid, and not a deception planned by Zuzzuva in the 'cubi are shapeshifters' kind of thing.

Tuyu

Quote from: Nino on October 25, 2013, 01:16:51 AM
Also, I know insectis love feathers, so I assume those antennae like things are decoration?
Moth antennae.

This one's a real mixed bag--mothlike antenna, antlike body, transparent wings (I like the second set too.) I suppose you could also call the eyes "spiderlike".

Infranscia

Talk about dropping multiple bombs is the same comic.  This has got to be a lot for Dan to take in.  Ho boy...

I really like Kiki's design.  She's quite pretty. :mowsmile

I do wonder who her twin is...  Actually, I'm wondering if the twins are necessarily identical.  Like, maybe Kiki's twin isn't an Insectis, but rather, say, more mythos-like.

I suspect the deception part was to make it easier for her clan to do investigating: the average creature/being would that someone who's 'clearly,' say, a two-headed Mythos "can't be from Zezzuva," for example.  (Assuming they've heard about her clan that rule.)  In general, it would make them harder to detect.  I also suspect her clan strength is a lot more than reported.

Kiki having at least one Cubi parent with mythos heritage does sound plausible.  Definitely like it could at least be one factor.  There could also be some advanced shapeshifting and/or magic involved.  And with Zezzuva's clan being good at "gathering information and discovering secrets," she may even be the result of some kind of scientific and/or magical crossbreeding experiment.  (Or maybe they had such an experiment a long time ago and they've gotten good enough at it that she'd be less of a 'prototype' and more of a 'standard issue.')
Please excuse the watermarked avatar.  I haven't bothered to fix it yet.  (Still, thanks to PetFriendAmy for the original pic!)

LoneHowler

I'm guessing with her clans love for secrets. And the insectis love for feathers went hand in hand. She may have increased her clans numbers vastly if a male descendant is consort with a queen
Yes I know I'm a horrid speller queen of typos but dang it, I'm trying to get better
MY warp aci crappy photoshop I wish I had my tablet working
My Yappty thanks Silver :)
(hmm my sig needs updating. eeeeeh I'll do it later 07/29/06)

Techcubi

joshofspam

Quote from: Nino on October 25, 2013, 01:38:57 AM

Good point, unless the mother wasn't the cubi and thus this clan rule wouldn't necessarily apply (unless it would go through the male lineage regardless).

You know, I really hope this is actually a real cubi hybrid, and not a deception planned by Zuzzuva in the 'cubi are shapeshifters' kind of thing.

With that point, I'm wondering if my thoughts about Chichi and Kiki are less by simple chance and more of naming sisters perhaps? An interesting points all around in any case.

Zebra Bug

Oh, my. Kiki is utterly adorable! And I totally love everything about her design.

And as for how she came about...I agree with Joshofspam's theory. A Mytho intermediary definitely makes the most amount of sense. Unless...well I'm pretty sure that simply shape-shifting into an Insectis would not....work for breeding.

Boy. I took you out of this world and put you back into it. Don't make me try to repeat step one. -Kria

Infranscia

About Mythos being compatible with both Cubi and Insectis, there's one thing I believe Amber has clarified:

The reason that Mythos are listed as being able to breed with pretty much any kind of being/creature is because there are so many different types of Mythos.  That said, not all Mythos are compatible with Insectis, not all with Dragons, etc.  Fluffy even said in the cross-breeding comic that not all Mythos are compatible with all other Mythos.

That said, that doesn't mean that there can't be Mythos that are compatible with both.  The fact that Cubi are compatible with a lot of other races probably helps.

So basically, it might be good to remember that some Mythos are compatible with Insectis/Cubi/etc.  Maybe not for this situation specifically, but I would still like to throw that out there.
Please excuse the watermarked avatar.  I haven't bothered to fix it yet.  (Still, thanks to PetFriendAmy for the original pic!)

LoneHowler

Quote from: Infranscia on October 25, 2013, 02:19:54 AM
About Mythos being compatible with both Cubi and Insectis, there's one thing I believe Amber has clarified:

The reason that Mythos are listed as being able to breed with pretty much any kind of being/creature is because there are so many different types of Mythos.  That said, not all Mythos are compatible with Insectis, not all with Dragons, etc.  Fluffy even said in the cross-breeding comic that not all Mythos are compatible with all other Mythos.

That said, that doesn't mean that there can't be Mythos that are compatible with both.  The fact that Cubi are compatible with a lot of other races probably helps.

So basically, it might be good to remember that some Mythos are compatible with Insectis/Cubi/etc.  Maybe not for this situation specifically, but I would still like to throw that out there.

She may have found a mythos insectos hybrid to bring into the clan, then ether him/ her or thier child infiltrate the insectos hives
Yes I know I'm a horrid speller queen of typos but dang it, I'm trying to get better
MY warp aci crappy photoshop I wish I had my tablet working
My Yappty thanks Silver :)
(hmm my sig needs updating. eeeeeh I'll do it later 07/29/06)

Howl

Destania's plan isn't looking so nasty now. I mean, of course there's a more graceful, methodical way to go about it (read: weed out, target, and exterminate the ones who have a jerky attitude, like mister Hizell) and taking out the hostile ones would probably cause the ones not so devoted to the cause to stop their silliness, and the ones who disagree entirely to turn on the aggressive ones or get out of dodge and let this blow over.

Not all dragons are inherently bad. Y'know. P-ducky.

Nino

Quote from: Infranscia on October 25, 2013, 02:19:54 AM

See this is one of the possible flaws that makes me not completely sure about this theory: any mythos that was similar enough to crossbreed to insectis would be very likely not to be able to breed with a standard cubi or even a different type of mythos cubi (remember, the mythos cubi presumably had to have parents or ancestors that were compatible with a standard, "being" type cubi). However, this just may mean there were more than one mythos-type cubi that were involved (i.e. standard cubi x mythos type a, similar enough to breed with mythos type b, similar enough to mythos type c, similar enough to breed with insectis, even though insectis may be incompaible with mythos type a, etc.). I have no idea though.

RandomMetaphysics

"From the end of humanity, to the slow decline of the angels... the dragons have a history of weeding out the races they feel are unfit or a threat to the status quo."

Whoa whoa whoa back up. The dragons were responsible for the sudden disappearance of humanity and are the culprits of the declining angel populace? Jeez, how did they pull that off?

Quote from: Howl on October 25, 2013, 02:46:43 AM

True, but given what we've seen recently, Destania couldn't care less.

Vinom

Quote from: RandomMetaphysics on October 25, 2013, 02:56:17 AM
You're assuming she doesn't want to extra kill him for boinking her adopted daughter. If that's the case, then she could care less.

Ignuus66

"From the end of humanity, to the slow decline of the angels... the dragons have a history of weeding out the races they feel are unfit or a threat to the status quo."

Whoa whoa whoa back up. The dragons were responsible for the sudden disappearance of humanity and are the culprits of the declining angel populace? Jeez, how did they pull that off?
A better question yet: Were humans a threat or were they unfit? Also, how long ago was the disappearance? Some creatures might still remember them.

(credit: Gabi)

Howl

Quote from: Vinom on October 25, 2013, 03:52:24 AM
You're assuming she doesn't want to extra kill him for boinking her adopted daughter. If that's the case, then she could care less.

I'm pretty sure she doesn't care either way. "Dragon = Dead" is likely her policy. Just saying that extermination is tactless.

Vinom

Quote from: Howl on October 25, 2013, 04:07:36 AM
Quote from: Vinom on October 25, 2013, 03:52:24 AM
I'm pretty sure she doesn't care either way. "Dragon = Dead" is likely her policy. Just saying that extermination is tactless.
That would be rational... I don't think she's going to be anywhere close to rational.

Tapewolf

I believe you can also add the Weres to that list.  It has been mentioned that they are paranoid because they were nearly exterminated, and Biggs shares Destania's ideal of getting rid of the dragons.  I don't think that's a coincidence.

It wouldn't surprise me that if they did manage to off the 'Cubi, the Demons would be next in line.  Beings are probably one of the only safe races because they're weak enough not to pose much of a threat.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Howl

Quote from: Tapewolf on October 25, 2013, 04:38:32 AM

I believe you can also add the Weres to that list.  It has been mentioned that they are paranoid because they were nearly exterminated, and Biggs shares Destania's ideal of getting rid of the dragons.  I don't think that's a coincidence.

It wouldn't surprise me that if they did manage to off the 'Cubi, the Demons would be next in line.  Beings are probably one of the only safe races because they're weak enough not to pose much of a threat.

Beings would fall under unfit, so they'd come after whatever's after Angels. Unless Jyrras discovers/busts out nuclear weaponry, in which case they'd jump to Priority Number 1 the moment that sort of thing gets busted out.

Quote from: Vinom on October 25, 2013, 04:11:08 AM
That would be rational... I don't think she's going to be anywhere close to rational.

Picking out her targets and eliminating only the bad apples? Yeah, she's too far gone for that. If you mean what I remarked about Pyroduck though, it's more like "Oh, you're with my daughter? Whatever, I don't care. -stabbity-"

Ignuus66

Quote from: Howl on October 25, 2013, 04:41:49 AM
Quote from: Tapewolf on October 25, 2013, 04:38:32 AM

Beings would fall under unfit, so they'd come after whatever's after Angels. Unless Jyrras discovers/busts out nuclear weaponry, in which case they'd jump to Priority Number 1 the moment that sort of thing gets busted out.
I wonder what sort of impact that would have.

(credit: Gabi)

Anri

I wonder if we can make a stop in Tijuana on our way down! Otherwise this looks like an express trip.

:tohell

Mermidion

Quote from: Ignuus66 on October 25, 2013, 04:00:48 AM

A better question yet: Were humans a threat or were they unfit? Also, how long ago was the disappearance? Some creatures might still remember them.

Since we are talking dragons here. Humans were neither a threat nor unfit...they were just Tasty.  :P

Eboreg

Quote from: Ignuus66 on October 25, 2013, 04:00:48 AM

I'll tell you what I already said about humans, I see no reason they would be threatening.
Quote from: Amber Williams on October 29, 2012, 05:55:06 PM
I expect if flamethrowers exist, Matilda would be tempted to install one into her shower.

Lying Foo

She's a paparazza. >:3
Itsuwari, osore, kyoshoku, urei - samazama wa negative ni torawareru hodo yowaku wa nai, kodoku mo shiranu Trickster.