2013/09/27 [DMFA #1432] I Guess Some Bombs Don't Do Much Damage

Started by killpurakat, September 27, 2013, 01:22:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

killpurakat

Now if only she thought about what she said carefully and really considered the situation.  :P

I must say, I really love the inquisitive look the hair snake things are giving Kria, despite Mehlata's rage. Those snakey thingies are cute! I want to pet them.  :3

Rafe

At least not to non-living things.

Maybe it's like an enhanced-radiation "neutron bomb", which would, for example, leave a shopping mall intact while killing all the retail sales people.
Rafe

joshofspam

I personally like Ambers page quote on the bottom.

Makes me think about to which ignorance is Kria insulting? The fact living beings sometimes need a potty break or the fact she left the room at all and she didn't know?

Incidentally, I think she did both. :)
I perfer my spam cooked on a skillet.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Rafe on September 27, 2013, 01:25:20 AM
Maybe it's like an enhanced-radiation "neutron bomb", which would, for example, leave a shopping mall intact while killing all the retail sales people.

It sounded like it literally parted the soul from the body.  Undead may have their souls joined to their bodies in an artificial manner that the device would not affect.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Rafe

Quote from: Tapewolf on September 27, 2013, 03:02:52 AM

It sounded like it literally parted the soul from the body.  Undead may have their souls joined to their bodies in an artificial manner that the device would not affect.

I always assumed that the undead in DMFA did not have souls, or at least not their original ones, which have presumably gone on to some afterlife or another.  Devin, for example, doesn't seem to have the memories or behavior of the original Devin.
Rafe

joshofspam

Quote from: Rafe on September 27, 2013, 03:07:58 AM
Quote from: Tapewolf on September 27, 2013, 03:02:52 AM

It sounded like it literally parted the soul from the body.  Undead may have their souls joined to their bodies in an artificial manner that the device would not affect.

I always assumed that the undead in DMFA did not have souls, or at least not their original ones, which have presumably gone on to some afterlife or another.  Devin, for example, doesn't seem to have the memories or behavior of the original Devin.
That's kind of interesting, I always thought Devon was really close to his original nature even if he couldn't remember his past life. Then again, most undead remembered their past lives. Devon was one of those first undeads that were more of automatons before the vast spell was cast by DP.
I perfer my spam cooked on a skillet.

Tapewolf

They do according to Zezzuva's letter.

AFAIK it works like this - most of the undead like Hannah, RR3, Cid etc, the ones who were raised in Dark Pegasus' failed project, and people who have been converted subsequently, they all have their original souls.  This only works if the resurrection event occurred within about 7 months of death.

Devin was raised hundreds of years earlier.   His soul wasn't retained when he has resurrected and it went off to some afterlife or whatever, and that seems to be what happens after the 7 months.
When DP did his mass resurrection, it gave Devin a soul.  My guess is that since his soul has gone wherever, it cannot now be retrieved and so a new soul was created.  It is possible that his original soul has been wiped, but that kind of makes everything rather pointless.

Lego3400

Quote from: Tapewolf on September 27, 2013, 05:00:14 AM

They do according to Zezzuva's letter.

AFAIK it works like this - most of the undead like Hannah, RR3, Cid etc, the ones who were raised in Dark Pegasus' failed project, and people who have been converted subsequently, they all have their original souls.  This only works if the resurrection event occurred within about 7 months of death.

Devin was raised hundreds of years earlier.   His soul wasn't retained when he has resurrected and it went off to some afterlife or whatever, and that seems to be what happens after the 7 months.
When DP did his mass resurrection, it gave Devin a soul.  My guess is that since his soul has gone wherever, it cannot now be retrieved and so a new soul was created.  It is possible that his original soul has been wiped, but that kind of makes everything rather pointless.

I want to see these letters.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Lego3400 on September 27, 2013, 05:19:51 AM

http://tapewolf.wildernessguardians.com/stuff/ZezzuvaLetter300.pdf

Others are posted here:  http://clockworkmansion.com/forum/index.php/topic,8656.0.html

EDIT: It's worth keeping in mind that Zezzuva doesn't actually know what happens to souls after the seven months - she assumes they are destroyed or recycled, but she isn't speaking with absolutely knowledge.

llearch n'n'daCorna

He doesn't? I always thought he behaved pretty much exactly the same, barring the lack of memory...
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Prroul

Quote from: Tapewolf on September 27, 2013, 05:26:04 AM
Quote from: Lego3400 on September 27, 2013, 05:19:51 AM

http://tapewolf.wildernessguardians.com/stuff/ZezzuvaLetter300.pdf

Others are posted here:  http://clockworkmansion.com/forum/index.php/topic,8656.0.html

EDIT: It's worth keeping in mind that Zezzuva doesn't actually know what happens to souls after the seven months - she assumes they are destroyed or recycled, but she isn't speaking with absolutely knowledge.
You know, this discussion suddenly reminded me of Project Future, which would bring up some very interesting questions concerning 'artificial souls'. They might find Zezzuva a rather interested sponsor if they ever thought to bring it up... although I doubt she would have any great deal of patience for the antics therein.

In other news, why did she not even know that Kria was absent? I mean, if for no other reason than her position of Head of Security and Kria being a VIP which needs protection would've let her know if she was leaving the initial perimeter and heading downstairs...

I wonder if Kria is playing a double-game here. Yes, she can be flighty and impulsive at times, however do keep in mind that she's a rather powerful Demon herself, she might well have deeper waters lurking under that babbling brook.

I wouldn't put any great odds on it, of course, but one must entertain all possibilities, no matter how improbable, until completely disproved.