2013/09/13 [DMFA #1428] I made that hat once

Started by killpurakat, September 12, 2013, 11:23:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tapewolf

Quote from: Saist on September 13, 2013, 02:41:21 PM
As it stands then, there is likely only 2 single creatures who might have enough knowledge of Quoar to emulate or simulate his appearance and are not currently accounted for in the Academy itself; Cyra and Destania. We can probably safely assume that Cyra likely won't be entering lost lake. We can probably also assume that Destania isn't quiet ready yet to kill Abel herself.

So... it probably is Quoar himself entering Lost Lake.

It could be one of his clan doubling for him, of course, and there's also the argument that if only a few people know exactly what he looks like then a 'good enough' impersonation would be sufficient.

That said, my guess would be that it's probably an avatar of Quoar himself.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

joshofspam

I just had a more terrifying thought with Llearch and Tapes discussion about him being there to see either Dan or Abel.

What if this might be connected to what Destania was talking about as she was walking away from Biggs?

Would it be possible that Siar and Quoar weren't on very good speaking terms? Edit: Maybe not likely, but there is certainly a lot more happening in the background that we can see. Not that everything can be figured out as of yet with what's being shown.
I perfer my spam cooked on a skillet.

Silverling

I'll have to admit, Quoar is one of those characters that I was hoping would show up in the comic sometime. I'm quite interested to see what he might possibly doing at Lost lake, though its likely to talk to Able. Heh, heh.

And on a side note, I made a  hairpiece that might work nicely on Quorar's hat. d=

llearch n'n'daCorna

Out of interest... is that The Hat back from it's adventures with Kria? What stories can it tell us?
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Tapewolf

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on September 14, 2013, 08:55:07 AM
Out of interest... is that The Hat back from it's adventures with Kria? What stories can it tell us?

That I cannot answer, but in Furrae, Quoar's hat is supposedly a valentine symbol much like the heart symbol is for us.  So replicas of his hat are likely to be two a penny.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

icarus

i can't be the only one who pictures quoar's voice will be like that of father vincent
...can i?

kellyn: it's like being a secret agent, outside we look perfectly normal. no giant metal faces or tattooed eyes or mohawks. BUT. SECRETLY. DRAWING RAINBOW MONSTERS AND ROOOOLE PLAAAAAYING oh the shame oh the humanity, and man i know so many more cool people now wtf is that

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: icarus on September 14, 2013, 09:30:01 AM
i can't be the only one who pictures quoar's voice will be like that of father vincent
...can i?

FeckArseDrink  ?

Oh, wait. You said "Vincent". Nevermind.

Kuzma Volkov

A bard goes to an inn and all that comes to my mind, is when a group of my friends and I went to an inn in LOTRO and played Never Gonna Give You Up. Still amuses me how we actually had players in the inn not flame us for playing it but start clapping...

joshofspam

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on September 14, 2013, 10:57:43 AM
...can i?

FeckArseDrink  ?

I was thinking rather Kain or Raziel, but when I try to envision Kain trying to sing a song of love and I can't envision that....Unless he sings songs like Barry White.

It might be more accurate of trying to match him to a famous singer.
I perfer my spam cooked on a skillet.

Kirrin_Shadowclaw

I was thinking Quoar would have had the same type of voice as Spike from Cowboy Bebop or Vash from Trigun really. Just something about his look to me.  I dunno why.
Ask not for whom the bell tolls, ask why is that guy holding his ears?

ishidan

Quote from: HaDDea on September 13, 2013, 05:13:02 AM
Quite a number of interesting things going on in today's comic:

2) is Dimanika... eating her sadface from the previous comic? Does... does stuff other people envision her with end up becoming real and edible??

Epic rap battle of history!
Dimanika
Vs
Pinkie Pie
BEGIN!

Prroul

Quote from: ishidan on September 14, 2013, 07:53:16 PM
Quote from: HaDDea on September 13, 2013, 05:13:02 AM
Quite a number of interesting things going on in today's comic:

2) is Dimanika... eating her sadface from the previous comic? Does... does stuff other people envision her with end up becoming real and edible??

Epic rap battle of history!
Dimanika
Vs
Pinkie Pie
BEGIN!

Pinky:

Dominika? Isn't that like some oracle dude?
You know, pretending to be someone else is really, really rude.
You know that every pony and every brony all want to be friends with me
You creepy little mousy can't even get invited to tea.
I chill in Ponyville, you creep in SAIA
I'd say that you got some friends there, but that'd make me a liar
Ohhh... just go away!

Dimanika

That's Dimanika, you arrogant little pest.
I really ought to serve you up just like I served the rest
You know I got a lot of background on how to deal with kids
I'm in, I'm out, there and gone, and serve 'em up like squid
So unless you want to be a side dish, best make a wish
I'll turn you into leather and glue, just be glad it isn't stew.

Pinky

OhmygoshyouaresuchanevilEVILperson
Ican'tbelieveyou'dactuallydosuchathingyou'reevenworsethan
evenNightmareMoonwon'tkillakid
Ijustreallyreallyreallyreallycan'tbelievewhatyoudid!
*Chibi Eyes*

Dimanika

You rap pretty fast, too bad you don't have a brain
But since it's just me and you, I really shouldn't complain
You...
Practically paedophilia's princess prancin' like Piflak
perfect for perverted pedos to go off and whack
natively naive, pathetically easy to deceive
Your only ethics are all you can believe
go away before my ire you receive.

Pinky: You're EVIL!
Dimanika: Of course, but I've also got cookies...
Pinky: I don't care about... wait, cookies?
Dimanika: White chocolate Macadamia nuuuuut...
Pinky: Ohhh... my favorite! Say, speaking of Macadamia, can we go visit Dot?
Dimanika: Sure, let's go...

WHO WON?

WHO'S NEXT?

YOU DECIDE!

YawnPB

I would imagine since anyone entering Falina's realm gets a magical tracking cookie tacked on to them for a period of time, that would make someone as secretive as Quor not send anyone there. 
Lurkus Wallflowerus

ishidan

Damn, Prroul, that's stepping it up!  And an Animaniacs reference at the end-bonus points.

Although it's Piflak, not Dimanika, who has been known to go all Cupcakes on someone who angers her.  Dima's second stanza also really goes off the board, there.   

Prroul

Quote from: ishidan on September 15, 2013, 01:38:22 AM
Damn, Prroul, that's stepping it up!  And an Animaniacs reference at the end-bonus points.

Although it's Piflak, not Dimanika, who has been known to go all Cupcakes on someone who angers her.  Dima's second stanza also really goes off the board, there.  

Mmm... she WAS the one, however, who would steal dragon's kids and serve them to those who had been wronged by that dragon... Pyro WAS served to Fa'lina on a serving platter...

ishidan

Let me have a go at my own challenge.
Pinkie:
Hey there little mousie, I love how you grin,
But you've just picked a fight that you can't possibly win.
My name is Pinkie Pie, of MLP fame
To me all of reality is just a funny game!
I conjure things at will, I hop through the fourth wall,
Can you beat that, no way, time for you to take a fall!

Dimanika:
Foolish little filly, I'm twelve thousand years old.
Fourth wall, is that all?   Prepare to get told.
I'm a succubi of the first rank, Clan Leader to you,
You don't even have wings, I have three sets, so PTUUUUU!
You lay claim to laughter but I love to confuse.
Right now, I'll be honest, NOBODY LIKES YOU!

Pinkie:  *cue hair deflation and mumbled profanities from the audience members who know what terrible mistake Dimanika just made*
...well how about that now we have matching hairdos
nobody likes me, so what, you're still gonna lose
when i'm pinkamena, all reality takes its breaks
tell me, ancient one...have you ever read...CUPCAKES?
*in lieu of a third set of rhymes, Pinkamena conjures a kitchen knife and leaps--*

*--To be caught in midair by a magical field.*
Celestia:
Pinkie Pie, down, girl!  This is not gangsta rap!
Fluff up that hair and put some rhymes back on tap.
That's it, cheer up, you're safe here with me
And--

*Celestia is smacked offscreen in an explosion of white feathers*
Fa'lina:
All of you pipe down.  This is MY academy.

ishidan

And yes I know that Pinkie is not Pinkamena during Cupcakes (at least not in the original, never mind what the adaptations on Youtube say), and of course Cupcakes is as non-canon as you can humanly get.  Work with it.

If you don't know what Cupcakes is, don't look it up.  Especially not on Youtube.

(it took a lot of effort not to try to pothole to TVTrope's "schmuck bait" page on that last sentence...)

llearch n'n'daCorna

*snerk*

Which reminds me, I should check to see if the latest ERB is one I've seen...

Arcblade

SkeletalSpade

I think this calls for an influx of Quoar-clan member characters.

..Or well at least one, just for fun.  I can't wait to see what he's up to. :3

Gentlehunter

Quote from: joshofspam on September 14, 2013, 03:26:53 PM
Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on September 14, 2013, 10:57:43 AM
...can i?

FeckArseDrink  ?

I was thinking rather Kain or Raziel, but when I try to envision Kain trying to sing a song of love and I can't envision that....Unless he sings songs like Barry White.

It might be more accurate of trying to match him to a famous singer.

Hmm... If Quoar is a bard with tri-wing 'Cubi powers (and prowess), I'd give him a voice like, say, Josh Groban, or if he's more jazzy, perhaps Michael Buble.

Prroul

Quote from: Gentlehunter on September 16, 2013, 04:11:58 PM
Hmm... If Quoar is a bard with tri-wing 'Cubi powers (and prowess), I'd give him a voice like, say, Josh Groban, or if he's more jazzy, perhaps Michael Buble.
Sean Connery perhaps? Particularly in his role as James Bond? Heck, any of the older Bonds had that smooth suave debonair voice.

Kirrin_Shadowclaw

Hm, how about John Astin? (Sp?) The original Gomez Addams, seems like a viable voice for him. :P
Ask not for whom the bell tolls, ask why is that guy holding his ears?

ChaosMageX

Currently I imagine him being voiced by Skip Stellrecht, aka Henry Douglas Grey, who voices Might Guy on Naruto.  That might change depending on his behavior, though.  Right now I agree that he seems super suave, but I also imagine him being a bit flashy as well, given his manner of dress and that he seems to be a bard.  I also think he's reclusive out of necessity rather than choice.

Icon by Sunblink

Emerauld Drathmir

For a nice voice, there's the Sherlock Actor(or the villain in the new Star Trek Movie if you haven't seen Sherlock yet), Benedict Cumberbatch.
The big thing on that is adaptability, and having heard several audio-books he's narrated, yeaaah, it's good.
Yoho, yo ho, a pirate's life for me...Darn it Bean, no Looting until after dinner!
--Home of Angst Technology/Weak-end Warriors/Sorry We're Open, and InkTank-now back from hiatus.

Laplace5

For some reason I picture Quoar with hints of Irish, personally.

ishidan

So, Morgan Freeman, then?
/get busy living or get busy dying

meltingface101

for  some  reason  I can only  imagine him  with  the  voice  of  Nigel  Thorberry .
All  things  float  down  here

Emerauld Drathmir

Quote from: Laplace5 on September 17, 2013, 11:04:50 PM
For some reason I picture Quoar with hints of Irish, personally.
Andrew Scott, then?  (look up Moriarty on BBC's Sherlock, he's reaaaally evil!)
Yoho, yo ho, a pirate's life for me...Darn it Bean, no Looting until after dinner!
--Home of Angst Technology/Weak-end Warriors/Sorry We're Open, and InkTank-now back from hiatus.

ishidan

Oh lordy, now I just had a terrifying crossover vision.  Imagine if SStB's spell from Magical Mystery Cure was cast into this meeting...
For the uninitiated:
MLP: FIM cutie marks and DMFA's cubi clan marks share a few traits: both represent their owners' innate talents and desires.  Both can be changed.

In MLP, the connection between personality and mark goes both ways:  a mark will appear when a character finds their innate talent, and will reflect that talent.  An altered mark can go the other way, driving its owner to attempt to perform the action represented by the mark.

Obviously, MLP marks are unique while DMFA's are duplicated and organized by Clan, but there's only one official Clan rep from each Clan at the meeting of those that have so far appeared, so it's irrelevant.

In Magical Mystery Cure, a botched spell caused marks to switch between characters-but the switch was incomplete, as the characters gained the drive to perform the associated talent, but not the skill.  Therefore, they quickly end off with an easily enraged hothead attempting to take care of a menagerie of wild animals (Rainbow Dash with Fluttershy's), a coward attempting to be a stand-up comedian (Fluttershy with Pinkie's), a party animal attempting to perform manual labor (Pinkie with Applejack's), a lunk attempting to create high fashion (Applejack with Rarity's), and a perfectionist artist trying to perform a repetitive duty (Rarity with Rainbow Dash's).

Imagine the chaos that would result from switching around personalities in THIS meeting...
Let's see, we've got the perfectionist artist (Piflak)  and the party animal (Dimanika), but we're replacing the rest with the sexpot (Nact'larn), the grouch (Zezzuva), the horrifying (Kish'ta's rep), and the organized (Fa'Lina).  Dan has yet to really internalize Cyra's affinity of Pain, so I guess he gets to sit out and play the part of Spike...