My wife left the country

Started by Brunhidden, June 15, 2013, 03:54:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brunhidden

afternoon of june the fourteenth my wife packed her bag and got ready to take a bus to the airport, she is going to dublin and then to paris...

...for a study abroad program with her architecture degree. she will be gone for eight weeks and this is not an announcement that i am emotionally damaged, but that the crazy shall ensue because i have two small children to handle myself while working full time nights.

for those of you not in the know, its these two children, the ones practicing their battle yell
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-bSs5FXIELQ

this may be something i need to update occasionally, especially considering the older child received a (real) bow and arrow for shiny tree day and she is insistent i teach her now that its not winter. also i have no idea when i will sleep considering i go to work at night
Some will fall in love with life,
and drink it from a fountain;
that is pouring like an avalanche,
coming down the mountain.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Brunhidden on June 15, 2013, 03:54:08 AM
for those of you not in the know, its these two children, the ones practicing their battle yell
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-bSs5FXIELQ

They need to be taught to go for what they can reach - rather than aiming at your body, they should be aiming for your ankles. Harder for you to defend, easier for them to reach, and it'll bring you down to their level real fast. ;-]

Quote from: Brunhidden on June 15, 2013, 03:54:08 AM
this may be something i need to update occasionally, especially considering the older child received a (real) bow and arrow for shiny tree day and she is insistent i teach her now that its not winter. also i have no idea when i will sleep considering i go to work at night

Sleep is for the weak, I thought everyone knew that. ;-]

(seriously, tho, hope it goes well)
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

joshofspam

Seems like their still getting the coordination down and in sync.

Though soon, soon, they'll be able to take down the mighty mammoth. :U
I perfer my spam cooked on a skillet.

Brunhidden

well, not too long ago the wedding anniversary came and went, but i was mostly prepared for that. if you know something is comming you brace yourself. my upcoming birthday is not much of a loss, other then my wife i cant think of anyone who has celebrated that for the last nine years, kinda pathetic considering last year 'celebrate' consisted of her handing me a five and telling me to buy myself a pie.

however my wife overseas did miss a crucial moment of my child's upbringing, the day i teach my elder daughter eowyn to use a weapon!  :mwaha

please view this video of her first archery lesson. its not only adorable but about eleven seconds in gets hilarious. i am however curious if i should have edited it at all
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r8nLeVU-vZY

but francewife spent the recent few days celebrating Bastille, visiting Versailles, and had tours of a bunch of castles and some beach of norm and a buttload of cathedrals.

also she memed- after going to Paris France she posted to facebook a picture of a Mc Royale with cheese with potato wedges she ordered from mc-d . low trombone sound
Some will fall in love with life,
and drink it from a fountain;
that is pouring like an avalanche,
coming down the mountain.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Heh. I wish I'd been taught to fire a bow when I was younger - it's something I've long wanted to pick up.

BTW, she may find it easier if you teach her to tilt the bow slightly (so the bottom is out to the right) making a Y shape to drop the arrow into, rather than L. Also, this video has a technique she might want to try, of tilting the bow and feeding the arrow through the middle. She might find that easier than the method she was using (although she's welcome to use whatever method works for her, of course...)
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears