2013/06/07 [DMFA #1407] Calling a spade a spade

Started by VAE, June 06, 2013, 11:18:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Les

Quote from: Amber Williams on June 07, 2013, 12:12:19 PM
Cyra did not actually get to pick her affinity.  Neither did Zezzuva actually, it was the affinity of her sister when she first founded the clan.  :boogie

Hmm, interesting.  I wonder if the predominant emotion the Cubi experiences prior-to/during Ascension influences what they and their clan's Affinity will be?

Oh.. oh poor Cyra.     :cry
Long live Space Race, Long live... Molvania!

JamesCray

Quote from: Les on June 08, 2013, 03:59:23 AM
Zezzuva may have an angle in all this, as-yet unseen.

No doubt. Growing up in the Chicagoland area, the one lesson drilled home regarding politics was that EVERYONE has an angle. The "clean" ones just haven't been caught.
I wish the real world would just stop hassling me.
"I work in Fringe Division. Weird is a matter of degrees."

Eboreg

I think Zezzuva is a little off on 'Cubi relations with other species. It can be mutualistic, commensalistic, or parasitic. Depends on what the 'Cubi in question is doing.
Quote from: Amber Williams on October 29, 2012, 05:55:06 PM
I expect if flamethrowers exist, Matilda would be tempted to install one into her shower.

Mao

Being a sadistic, self-centered, and out-and-out Evil monster does NOT automatically mean 'Doesn't love her own kid'.

Just felt like pointing that out..

..and that Zezzuva may have an angle in all this, as-yet unseen.

I've thought that as well.  It seemed very presumptuous of Zezzuva to say that Dee doesn't love Dan.  She likely hasn't spoken to Dee in a long time and has no idea how she thinks/acts anymore nor how she feels about her children.  Even if Dee sees her children as tools that doesn't mean she can't love them.  Heck, my parents love me but they use me for menial labour and to get out of social situations all the time. XP

joshofspam

Quote from: Mao on June 08, 2013, 09:42:53 AM
Being a sadistic, self-centered, and out-and-out Evil monster does NOT automatically mean 'Doesn't love her own kid'.

I've thought that as well.  It seemed very presumptuous of Zezzuva to say that Dee doesn't love Dan.  She likely hasn't spoken to Dee in a long time and has no idea how she thinks/acts anymore nor how she feels about her children.  Even if Dee sees her children as tools that doesn't mean she can't love them.  Heck, my parents love me but they use me for menial labour and to get out of social situations all the time. XP

Love is rather subjective, isn't it?

I'd be more of an opinion that Destania is back sliding into bad habits since her husband was kidnapped. We still know so little on what happened when she left the academy and the life she lived with Edward. But for a time and what was shown, she did seem to have feelings for them, but something was definitely concerning her.
I perfer my spam cooked on a skillet.

ArchTeryx

Been said many different ways, but: Zezzuva, as subtle as a sack of anvils.  

Rather appropriate for a llama, the real-life counterpart of which is ALSO about as subtle as a sack of anvils.  But a bit of an odd quirk for the leader of Clan Envy - tearing other people down doesn't tend to inspire much envy so much as pumping yourself UP.  She should take lessons from Piflak.

Then again, maybe Dan (being a Cubi) is a special case, along the lines of "You don't see piranha eating each other."  Didn't stop her from dropping the sack of anvils directly on his head, though. ^.^

Lying Foo

There's something very strange strange about Destania to me... it's like she's been projecting this false image as Desiree, even to those who know better, but her only apparent reasons for doing so to the extent she has are themselves part of her image.  Something's up to which we're not privy, at all.
Itsuwari, osore, kyoshoku, urei - samazama wa negative ni torawareru hodo yowaku wa nai, kodoku mo shiranu Trickster.

Naldru

What about pretending to be Wildy's brother and sending Dan out to fight Dark Pegasus?
Learn to laugh at yourself, and you will never be without a source of amusement.

Bandersnatch

Quote from: joshofspam on June 08, 2013, 01:30:54 PM
Quote from: Mao on June 08, 2013, 09:42:53 AM

Love is rather subjective, isn't it?

I'd be more of an opinion that Destania is back sliding into bad habits since her husband was kidnapped. We still know so little on what happened when she left the academy and the life she lived with Edward. But for a time and what was shown, she did seem to have feelings for them, but something was definitely concerning her.

As the story continues, I can't help but wonder if she started this family in a convoluted plot to have another "reason" to hate the dragons even more, "rescuing my husband" being a cover to use other people in her schemes.

My view of Destania has become really really sour as of late.