2013/04/29 [DMFA #1398] Fear of death right in her eyes.

Started by VAE, April 28, 2013, 10:40:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

VAE

Yep.
That said, I love the "She will not leave this island alive or undead" line, as well as the design of the half-skeletal naga.
Not surprised at the sheep though - getting your bones broken by a fall like that would rather suck. And dying *once* is far too often, never mind twice.
What i cannot create, i do not understand. - Richard P. Feynman
This is DMFA. Where major species don't understand clothing. So innuendo is overlooked for nuendo. .
Saphroneth

ChaosMageX

Darn it, I came so close to beating VAE, but at least this time I remembered to refresh and check first.

But seriously, how can that naga mythos even move on her own?  I can understand how being a skeleton from the waist down could work for a creature with legs, but most snakes move via scoot scales and the muscles that drive them on their undersides, which she is clearly lacking.

EDIT: The only way I can see her moving is via side-winding, and that might not even work too well with a humanoid upper half.

Icon by Sunblink

Saist

If you have to ask: the answer is MAGIC

Anyways, anybody else betting that Kria takes the Sheep home as her next pet?

ChaosMageX

Quote from: Saist on April 28, 2013, 11:01:34 PM
If you have to ask: the answer is MAGIC

Anyways, anybody else betting that Kria takes the Sheep home as her next pet?

Oooh, I would hope so, because I just love the banter between them, but then again it's probably not likely.

But seriously, if it is undead magic, then how exactly does it work, at least in her case?  Is it as if the flesh is still there, but just invisible, creating the pushing force that scoot scales would?

Icon by Sunblink

Lying Foo

I'm just wondering when she's going to start using her as a puppet.

No tail?  If Amber hadn't already said that wasn't Hennya, that would have convinced me...
Itsuwari, osore, kyoshoku, urei - samazama wa negative ni torawareru hodo yowaku wa nai, kodoku mo shiranu Trickster.

Ganurath

Quote from: ChaosMageX on April 28, 2013, 10:58:24 PM
Darn it, I came so close to beating VAE, but at least this time I remembered to refresh and check first.

But seriously, how can that naga mythos even move on her own?  I can understand how being a skeleton from the waist down could work for a creature with legs, but most snakes move via scoot scales and the muscles that drive them on their undersides, which she is clearly lacking.

EDIT: The only way I can see her moving is via side-winding, and that might not even work too well with a humanoid upper half.
You need to stop looking at them as rib bones, and start looking at them as centipede legs.
NGGYU NGLYD NGRAADY NGMYC NGSG NGTALAHY

ChaosMageX

Quote from: Ganurath on April 28, 2013, 11:35:11 PM
Quote from: ChaosMageX on April 28, 2013, 10:58:24 PM

You need to stop looking at them as rib bones, and start looking at them as centipede legs.

Actually, that thought did briefly pass my mind, and now that I think about it again, that could actually work, only it'd be more like a millipede than centipede, not just because she has so many ribs against the ground, but also because millipedes move by lifting their legs in a wave-like pattern, which is actually similar to the way most snakes naturally ungulate their scoot scales.  Heck, for all I know, the spacing between a snake's ribs could also be shifting along with their scoot scales when it moves, which would make that sort of movement natural and not something she'd have to learn to do after becoming undead.

Icon by Sunblink

Angel

...This comic needs more musical numbers. X3

And I need to write more lyrics to this.
The Real Myth of Sisyphus:
The itsy-bitsy spider went up the water spout,
Down came the rain and washed the spider out.
Out came the sun and dried up all the rain,
And the itsy-bitsy spider went up the spout again...
BANDWAGON JUMP!

ChaosMageX

Quote from: Lying Foo on April 28, 2013, 11:34:34 PM
I'm just wondering when she's going to start using her as a puppet.

No tail?  If Amber hadn't already said that wasn't Hennya, that would have convinced me...

Speaking of puppets, is anyone else hoping Kria and Sherri will soon be joined by a soft-spoken floppy-eared canine with a southern accent, and that Amber will come up with some great banter between all three of them? ;)

Also, I'm still hoping that undead mythos is the same species of mythos as Hennya, which seems to be likely now that we know she has a naga body configuration.

Icon by Sunblink

Jasae Bushae

gummi sheep! bouncing here and there and everywhere~!
Sorry XD that theme song was just playing through my head when i read the last panel XD
I might be a hack writer but thats no reason not to Enjoy writing anyways
http://greenfrostfire.deviantart.com/

Ganurath

I just realized something: The next assassination attempt is going to depend upon Kria being afraid of a violent threat, as opposed to amused and/or excited.

This is going to be hilarious.
NGGYU NGLYD NGRAADY NGMYC NGSG NGTALAHY

justacritic

mithril

Techcubi

So, is this probably because of her brother? Do these undead actually know her at all?

Tapewolf

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

abcd_z

When Amber mentioned the Superman theme, the first thing that popped into my head was that song from Tony Hawk Pro Skater.  Not sure what that has to do with flying, but it wouldn't necessarily be out of character for Kria to be singing it.

Just throwin' that out there.

icarus

so far this arc is everything i dreamed it would be

kellyn: it's like being a secret agent, outside we look perfectly normal. no giant metal faces or tattooed eyes or mohawks. BUT. SECRETLY. DRAWING RAINBOW MONSTERS AND ROOOOLE PLAAAAAYING oh the shame oh the humanity, and man i know so many more cool people now wtf is that

MT Hazard

So many questions! Who is this undead naga? Why does she want to kill/zombiefy  Kira? Does she care she killed off two undead? Why did her tail decompose faster than the rest of her?
Grammar and I Don't always get on.

Link of the moment:  Sleepless domain (web comic) 

Merlin

Dangit I am going to have that song stuck in my head for probably the rest of the week. AMBERRRRRRR

LionHeart

How about replacing it with this song?

Actually, what I first thought of was this.

"Can you read my mind?"

"No, I'm a Demon, not a Cubi."
"3x2(9yz)4a!"

"We demand rigidly defined areas of doubt and uncertainty!"

I'm on deviantART.
Also FurAffinity

Arcblade

Quote from: Tapewolf on April 29, 2013, 03:18:09 AM
I do love that last panel.

The last panel is glorious, and made me grin and chuckle.  Both a rare event and a lovely way to start your day.  Thank you, Amber!

abcd_z

Quote from: LionHeart on April 29, 2013, 10:00:11 AM
How about replacing it with this song?

Actually, what I first thought of was this.

"Can you read my mind?"

"No, I'm a Demon, not a Cubi."
"Wait, then how did you know what I was thinking?"  O_o
[mindscrew!]

Naldru

Quote from: ChaosMageX on April 28, 2013, 11:57:26 PM
Speaking of puppets, is anyone else hoping Kria and Sherri will soon be joined by a soft-spoken floppy-eared canine with a southern accent, and that Amber will come up with some great banter between all three of them? ;)

Would the floppy-eared canine with a southern accent be Hush Puppy.  Would that mean that Sherri is Lamb Chop or Shari Lewis?
Learn to laugh at yourself, and you will never be without a source of amusement.

joshofspam

This arc is just full of awesome.

I'm guessing Kria has put Sherri under her fun to tease category. She certainly is having a bit of fun at her expense.

She doesn't even seem to mind Sherri hanging on so tight. Wellllll...I guess she kind of counts as a life sized huggable plush.
I perfer my spam cooked on a skillet.

mithril

Rafe

Quote from: mithril on April 30, 2013, 05:31:18 AM
Quote from: Naldru on April 29, 2013, 05:39:55 PM
Quote from: ChaosMageX on April 28, 2013, 11:57:26 PM

Would the floppy-eared canine with a southern accent be Hush Puppy.  Would that mean that Sherri is Lamb Chop or Shari Lewis?

http://clockworkmansion.com/forum/index.php/topic,9430.msg370717.html#msg370717

...Aaaand, I think we know who can take the part of Charlie Horse - a certain equine demon with similar long ears and striped markings strangely similar to Charlie's pants:

Rafe

ArchTeryx

Quote from: Ganurath on April 29, 2013, 12:51:44 AM
I just realized something: The next assassination attempt is going to depend upon Kria being afraid of a violent threat, as opposed to amused and/or excited.

This is going to be hilarious.

They were expecting Lawful Evil, and they're about to get Chaotic Silly instead. ;-)  Yes, Kria Poppins is made of win from mane to hooves.