2013/04/15 [DMFA #1394] I may be a bad person.

Started by xom, April 14, 2013, 11:46:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

xom

What kind of savages do we take undead for anyways? 
:veryevil

It appears the undead are worried about their survival in general since Dark Pegasus swore to remove them from existence. Since he's a Soulstealer it doesn't matter what Soulstealer is visiting the island, that's one too many for some.

Kria, you better be on a diplomatic or peaceful mission or I foresee a lot of fighting. Then again, after having your luggage destroyed like that you probably aren't that happy and heads might fly even for that. Make sure the heads fly farther than 100 feet if you want to be effective.

Lying Foo

Itsuwari, osore, kyoshoku, urei - samazama wa negative ni torawareru hodo yowaku wa nai, kodoku mo shiranu Trickster.

KV1NN4

Yikes, what's next; kidnapping Lorenda and demanding Kria never visit the undead island ever again or else? <: C

...Would they even know about Lorenda?

...*imagines the scenerio where a slim horse being standing next to Lorenda gets kidnapped instead*

Yep.
Welp.

I know what fanfiction I'll be writing this week.
~K. *: )

VAE

Savages with a poor sense of timing, clearly.
What i cannot create, i do not understand. - Richard P. Feynman
This is DMFA. Where major species don't understand clothing. So innuendo is overlooked for nuendo. .
Saphroneth

joshofspam

Quote from: VAE on April 15, 2013, 12:04:42 AM
Eh, timing may be off, but the tactics to take down a threat as powerful as Kria seem to be spot on.

Best shot to take down someone who can turn their skin diamond hard, is to take them out when they never see it coming. Kria's expression tells me she never saw that coming.
I perfer my spam cooked on a skillet.

Wanderer

I bet she sees it coming NOW.

QuoteYikes, what's next; kidnapping Lorenda and demanding Kria never visit the undead island ever again or else? <: C

Take a hostage from someone whose traditional response to minor annoyance is to destroy cities. Well gosh, I can't see ANY way THAT would go wrong, do you?  :rolleyes

Les

Kria almost seems...

No, strike that.. she looks Definitely eager over the idea of death-threats... like, "Woo-hoo!  Finally some excitment!"   :eager
Long live Space Race, Long live... Molvania!

KV1NN4

Quote from: Wanderer on April 15, 2013, 12:53:02 AM

QuoteYikes, what's next; kidnapping Lorenda and demanding Kria never visit the undead island ever again or else? <: C

Take a hostage from someone whose traditional response to minor annoyance is to destroy cities. Well gosh, I can't see ANY way THAT would go wrong, do you?  :rolleyes

Are you calling me dumb, or the hypothetical kidnappers I made up, dumb?

Its hard to tell on the internet.
~K.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Les on April 15, 2013, 01:47:09 AM
Kria almost seems...
No, strike that.. she looks Definitely eager over the idea of death-threats... like, "Woo-hoo!  Finally some excitment!"   :eager

Whether she'll still be as eager now is another matter.  Demon or no, that bomb would most likely have offed her.  Demons love fights and shows of strength or power, but that was more of a sneak attack and she may consider it a grave affront.

EDIT:
And now I have visions of Kria wandering all around the island with booby-traps going off just behind her like Inspector Clouseau in 'A Shot In The Dark'.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Eboreg

NUUUUUUU! The zombies have access to car bombs! We're doomed!

Although, was that explosion magical or technological?
Quote from: Amber Williams on October 29, 2012, 05:55:06 PM
I expect if flamethrowers exist, Matilda would be tempted to install one into her shower.

MT Hazard

Trik'na island, home to 30,000 29,998 undead...

Sherri: My life just flashed before my eyes! Again!
Grammar and I Don't always get on.

Link of the moment:  Sleepless domain (web comic) 

mithril

Quote from: Eboreg on April 15, 2013, 05:10:39 AM

Carriage bombs.  :P

and magical vs chemical is a good question.. that boom seems a bit big to be done with black powder, so either someone other than Jyrras has been playing around with more advanced stuff, or there was a major magical aspect involved.

Ignuus66

Quote from: mithril on April 15, 2013, 06:11:31 AM
Quote from: Eboreg on April 15, 2013, 05:10:39 AM

Carriage bombs.  :P

and magical vs chemical is a good question.. that boom seems a bit big to be done with black powder, so either someone other than Jyrras has been playing around with more advanced stuff, or there was a major magical aspect involved.
It is mentioned that flint lock guns do exist, but are just not used, thus there is black gunpowder or some alternative, and believe me, even a good 1 KG of Gunpowder CAN make quite the explosion..... *hides suspicious table in the garage with ..stuff.. on it*

(credit: Gabi)

Plotting

Their timing may be poor, but at least their survival instincts well developed!

I am a little surprised at how powerful the explosives are. I would have though that sort of thing would only be found in Jyrrus' secret lab. Unless these explosives are more magical than chemical in nature.

VAE

Quote from: joshofspam on April 15, 2013, 12:43:18 AM
Eh, timing may be off, but the tactics to take down a threat as powerful as Kria seem to be spot on.

Best shot to take down someone who can turn their skin diamond hard, is to take them out when they never see it coming. Kria's expression tells me she never saw that coming.

To cite Meany,  Treachery requires no mistakes.
Especially if the target is still powerful.
Makes me wonder what sort of triggering mechanism there was. If a timed bomb . .  . I mean, the best way for it to blow would have likely been mid-flight.
This is DMFA. Where major species don't understand clothing. So innuendo is overlooked for nuendo. .
Saphroneth

Plotting

Quote from: VAE on April 15, 2013, 07:51:31 AM
Makes me wonder what sort of triggering mechanism there was. If a timed bomb . .  . I mean, the best way for it to blow would have likely been mid-flight.

Well, the explosion appeared to happen at the same time as Ree put Kria's luggage on the carriage...a pressure switch perhaps?

Edit:

Perhaps some sort of remote detonation? A fire based spell would be useful if the explosive was spark/heat sensitive.

Prroul

Quote from: Tapewolf on April 15, 2013, 04:17:23 AM
Quote from: Les on April 15, 2013, 01:47:09 AM
Kria almost seems...
No, strike that.. she looks Definitely eager over the idea of death-threats... like, "Woo-hoo!  Finally some excitment!"   :eager

Whether she'll still be as eager now is another matter.  Demon or no, that bomb would most likely have offed her.  Demons love fights and shows of strength or power, but that was more of a sneak attack and she may consider it a grave affront.
Eh.... I'm not so sure. I mean, demons are pretty resistant to fire and physical blows... which is pretty much all you get out of a conventional explosion. Might've really pissed her off, though.

QuoteEDIT:
And now I have visions of Kria wandering all around the island with booby-traps going off just behind her like Inspector Clouseau in 'A Shot In The Dark'.
I've got a vision of Kria poking at things she knows are traps, just to set them off to see what they're going to try next. For example:

"OOohhhh... a ticking present. Let's see, since this package is far smaller than that carriage, the explosion is probably going to also be smaller. So, let's see what they think they can do this time..."

"Ahh, that was a nice, smooth drink. The hemlock was a nice touch. Could've used a bit more cyanide, though"

"Awww, look. It's got a sledgehammer. How cute! Oh, and he looks like he wants to play. You know, I've never been one for necrophilia before, but you're really tempting me boy..."

Tapewolf

Quote from: Prroul on April 15, 2013, 09:46:47 AM
Eh.... I'm not so sure. I mean, demons are pretty resistant to fire and physical blows... which is pretty much all you get out of a conventional explosion. Might've really pissed her off, though.

I'm not completely sure, but I think Demons have to deliberately (or instinctively) harden their skin.  Catch them unawares and they'll probably go down like anyone else if you hit them with enough force.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

VAE

Quote from: Plotting on April 15, 2013, 08:57:30 AM
Makes me wonder what sort of triggering mechanism there was. If a timed bomb . .  . I mean, the best way for it to blow would have likely been mid-flight.

Well, the explosion appeared to happen at the same time as Ree put Kria's luggage on the carriage...a pressure switch perhaps?

Edit:

Perhaps some sort of remote detonation? A fire based spell would be useful if the explosive was spark/heat sensitive.

That's the thing. Why'd you fail that hard at remote detonation?

Unless it was intended as a warning, inexplicably. Or a third-party trying to spark a fight.
Saphroneth

AmigaDragon

"Cogito, ergo es. I think, therefore you is." Ray D. Tutto (King of the Moon) to Baron Munschaussen

Sofox

It could have just been a simple timer detonator attached to a clock. That could explain detonating at the wrong time.

I once heard of a terrorist who set up a bomb hooked up to a watch, set the detonation time, put it into a car, drove the car into another country, and then had the whole thing blow up while he was still on the road because he'd forgotten to taken into account time zone differences.

Wanderer

Quote from: KV1NN4 on April 15, 2013, 03:35:13 AM
Quote from: Wanderer on April 15, 2013, 12:53:02 AM

Are you calling me dumb, or the hypothetical kidnappers I made up, dumb?

Its hard to tell on the internet.
~K.

I don't usually try to insult other people unless they've done something to deserve it, so that would be the hypothetical kidnappers.

joshofspam

Quote from: VAE on April 15, 2013, 10:03:30 AM
Quote from: Plotting on April 15, 2013, 08:57:30 AM

Edit:

That's the thing. Why'd you fail that hard at remote detonation?

Unless it was intended as a warning, inexplicably. Or a third-party trying to spark a fight.

Of coarse on the flip side of that, maybe they were expecting Kria to be that much closer to the cart. It seemed like they were taking quite a few more processes to this threat.

The disturbing thing to this is that the whole luggage thing makes it seem that what ever it was, it was delivered at the begging of her trip. So the third party does sound likely.
I perfer my spam cooked on a skillet.

Sofox

One thing we can be clear on, if they were prioritizing Kria's destruction, it's silly that they ended up just destorying her vehicle. That's putting the cart before the horse.

VAE

Quote from: Sofox on April 15, 2013, 11:42:49 AM
It could have just been a simple timer detonator attached to a clock. That could explain detonating at the wrong time.

I once heard of a terrorist who set up a bomb hooked up to a watch, set the detonation time, put it into a car, drove the car into another country, and then had the whole thing blow up while he was still on the road because he'd forgotten to taken into account time zone differences.
http://darwinawards.com/darwin/darwin1999-38.html It was this incident. And yeah, time zone error might be just it.
Saphroneth

Grey Wolf

Quote from: Sofox on April 15, 2013, 02:00:42 PM
One thing we can be clear on, if they were prioritizing Kria's destruction, it's silly that they ended up just destorying her vehicle. That's putting the cart before the horse.

Oh, you're bad! >:3

I hope the explosion didn't re-kill Ree... We hardly got to know them!

Warning: This forum goer is prone to bouts of logic, and has a dry sense of humor.

Lurkie

Given how un-coordinated this attack was, wouldn't it be more correct to say that they put Descartes before de horse?

[gdrlh!]
|  Space   ||   Space  ||  It's Hard  ||  A Place  ||  Burma  |
|  is Big  ||  is Dark ||   to Find   ||  to Park  ||  Shave  |

llearch n'n'daCorna

*wince*
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Sofox

Amber Williams

*shakes her paddle*

Making bad puns? Thats a paddlin'.  >:[