2013/04/14 [Matilda #9] I cant think of a witty title for this update page!

Started by xom, April 14, 2013, 01:29:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

xom

Kesserk, hmm. Wait, that Kesserk that Kissriss's friend was talking about. Well its not like he did all those fancy moves to put on a show or anything.
:rolleyes

Kesserk, Kisskash, Kissriss, Tisha, Raneesh.
Amber, is there any pattern or specific way all of these Mythos are named or is it random? You seem to lean heavily on the K's.

Nino

Whelp, those moves would work on me, not gonna lie. Doesn't hurt that he's super handsome! Yum.

Zebra Bug

Matilda and her friend aren't charmed at all. Nope, not a bit. Wellll....maybe a little.  :mowtongue He does seem happy to see them, sorta cute.

Boy. I took you out of this world and put you back into it. Don't make me try to repeat step one. -Kria

Aisha deCabre

I rarely post in comic threads, but I will in order to comment on that beautiful shot of Kesserk's triple-eyed smoulder. :3

He does seem charming, but I do keep in mind the attitude that the males in this society are said to have.  But still, dat smoulder. x3
  Yap (c) Silverfoxr.
Artist and world-weaver.

Shax

Oh god... Its the coy Volcano Mythos I'm supposedly gay for according to Merlin ._.

Merlin

Quote from: Shax on April 14, 2013, 03:12:24 AM
Oh god... Its the coy Volcano Mythos I'm supposedly gay for according to Merlin ._.

YES! VINDICATION! Mwahaha, I love this guy!

Ignuus66

It seems the fins on the back of the head are attractive for female blue mythos

(credit: Gabi)

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Ignuus66 on April 14, 2013, 11:13:48 AM

... Or, at least, Kesserk thinks so. And the ladies (for he is a ladies man, apparently) haven't seen fit to let him know otherwise. ;-]
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Zebra Bug

So last page when I saw her name being screamed, I assumed it was Matilda's brother yelling at her for some reason, and now seeing this page realize it was the boyfriend eagerly greeting her, like he missed her or something. So...adorable. But...if he intends to take Matilda's friend too...why no eager calling of HER name? Do we even know her name?  :mowsad

Boy. I took you out of this world and put you back into it. Don't make me try to repeat step one. -Kria

Prroul

So he's got moves like Jagger... let's see if it is accompanied by the temper like Jagerkin*...

*This message brought to you by the City of Mechanicsburg's Department of Tourism.

Emerauld Drathmir

Quote from: Prroul on April 14, 2013, 07:03:37 PM
So he's got moves like Jagger... let's see if it is accompanied by the temper like Jagerkin*...

*This message brought to you by the City of Mechanicsburg's Department of Tourism.
:mowdizzy */facepalm*
Yoho, yo ho, a pirate's life for me...Darn it Bean, no Looting until after dinner!
--Home of Angst Technology/Weak-end Warriors/Sorry We're Open, and InkTank-now back from hiatus.

KV1NN4

Quote from: Prroul on April 14, 2013, 07:03:37 PM

Has anyone who wrote that lyric ever actually seen Mick Jagger move? : T

This fella...he knows he's pretty and in good shape... I wonder if there's any actual substance however.
~K. *: )

Gamma

I'll bet Mab spent all night watching videos of cats falling in slo-mo like this one, only for reference of course... :3
011010000111010001110100011100000011101000101111001011110111011101110111011101110010111001111001011011110111010101110100011101010110001001100101001011100110001101101111011011010010111101110111011000010111010001100011011010000011111101110110001111010110111101001000011001110011010101010011010010100101100101010010010010000100000100110000

Mermidion

okay little rant now,feel free to ignore it   ;) :

Okay.ever since Amba made this Mythos race page and startet this comic i could only think of one thing.I resisted saying it for long because i know everyone will hate me for that but i have to let it out. Pleeease...pleeeease for the love of all that is furry: Replace  Matilda with a male Mythos They look soo much more AWESOME...its incredible. I wish a male  Vulcan Mythos would be a part in the main comic but i always have the feeling that its kind of a -two is one to much- deal when it come to extra ordinary Creatures. Hmm maybe we get i nice Wallpaper of one some day ,its things like that that make regret for never learning how to draw.  

heh sorry for that.sometime you just have to get stuff like that out of your sytem.  :mowwink

KV1NN4

Quote from: Mermidion on April 15, 2013, 03:35:11 AM
okay little rant now,feel free to ignore it   ;) :

Okay.ever since Amba made this Mythos race page and startet this comic i could only think of one thing.I resisted saying it for long because i know everyone will hate me for that but i have to let it out. Pleeease...pleeeease for the love of all that furry: Replace  Matilda with a male Mythos They look soo much more AWESOME...its incredible. I wish a male  Vulcan Mythos would be a part in the main comic but i always have the feeling that its kind of a -two is one to much- deal when it come to extra ordinary Creatures. Hmm maybe we get i nice Wallpaper of one some day ,its things like that that make regret for never learning how to draw. 

heh sorry for that.sometime you just have to get stuff like that out of your sytem.  :mowwink

I should ignore this, but I'm finding it hard to make sense of changing the main character of the story to someone else whom this story is not about at all.

I suppose it could be told from this guy or Matilda's brother's POV, but neither of them are likely privy to many things that happened solely to Matilda.

Man, I bet this Mythos species get the peacock treatment a lot... even females a depicted as males because they're jsut flashier.
~K.

mithril

might explain part of matilda's attraction to Dan.. those ear-crest things on the males are practically wings.. so Dan's big blue 'cubi wings might be enough to trigger an initial interest.

LordViking

If Kesserk is the type of guy Matilda likes I can see why she likes Dan so much. Not that we have much to go on, but I get the feeling at least that Kesserk and Dan are very alike.

Quote from: mithril on April 15, 2013, 05:53:20 AM
might explain part of matilda's attraction to Dan.. those ear-crest things on the males are practically wings.. so Dan's big blue 'cubi wings might be enough to trigger an initial interest.
Now I have this image in my head of Dan making his head wings look like a male BV mythos' head fins for reasons not covered by the regular comic ;3

Nino

Quote from: Mermidion on April 15, 2013, 03:35:11 AM
okay little rant now,feel free to ignore it   ;) :

Okay.ever since Amba made this Mythos race page and startet this comic i could only think of one thing.I resisted saying it for long because i know everyone will hate me for that but i have to let it out. Pleeease...pleeeease for the love of all that is furry: Replace  Matilda with a male Mythos They look soo much more AWESOME...its incredible.

Hah, well I think the females look cooler. The males look more like a fantasy game monster (did anyone else think they look kind of like a Burning Crusade-era World of Warcraft raid boss? Just me?), and while they're still far from 'typical' design-wise, their bulkiness makes them look slightly less unique to me. And they don't even have cobra hoods.

And also, Matilda totes deserves her own side story; she's way too cool of a character to be replaced.

mithril

Quote from: LordViking on April 15, 2013, 05:54:05 AM
If Kesserk is the type of guy Matilda likes I can see why she likes Dan so much. Not that we have much to go on, but I get the feeling at least that Kesserk and Dan are very alike.
except i suspect Kesserk won't prove as good natured as Dan.. but we'll have to see. should make the next few strips interesting anyway.

Quote from: mithril on April 15, 2013, 05:53:20 AM
Now I have this image in my head of Dan making his head wings look like a male BV mythos' head fins for reasons not covered by the regular comic ;3
heck, with shapeshifting, dan could make himself a biped version of the male BVM's.. (since i'd imagine that going taur would be pretty hard if not impossible for a cubi's shapeshifting ability)

Mermidion

Quote from: KV1NN4 on April 15, 2013, 03:38:04 AM

I should ignore this, but I'm finding it hard to make sense of changing the main character of the story to someone else whom this story is not about at all.

öhm noooo.i meant the main story.not matildas side story. also it was just a kind of a thing from me and shouldn't be taken to seriously  :mowtongue

Quote from: Nino on April 15, 2013, 05:57:37 AM

Hah, well I think the females look cooler. The males look more like a fantasy game monster (did anyone else think they look kind of like a Burning Crusade-era World of Warcraft raid boss? Just me?), and while they're still far from 'typical' design-wise, their bulkiness makes them look slightly less unique to me. And they don't even have cobra hoods.

And also, Matilda totes deserves her own side story; she's way too cool of a character to be replaced.

hmmm somehow you are totally arguing my point.lets try it this way around. The male Mythos look far Cooler because They ARE indeed look more like Fantasy creatures and they are much bulkier wich gives them are more defined physique while the female mythos just look like some kind of three-eyed snake-taur really plain and kind of boring.

Now the part that Matilda don't deserve her own story i don't argue at all. she is a nice gal  and looks cute with her sash.
i just wanted to see a male mythos as part of the main story (and to be clear this time: with main story i mean the one with Dan and mab) 
Ah well a wolf can dream. And at least with matildas story as it is now i think i will see more than enough male mythos the next pages.so no biggie. :mowsmile

ChaosMageX

Quote from: Merlin on April 14, 2013, 06:57:28 AM
Quote from: Shax on April 14, 2013, 03:12:24 AM

YES! VINDICATION! Mwahaha, I love this guy!

Yeah, Merlin's coy male BV Mythos was also one of the first things that came to my mind when I first saw this page.  However, when you look closely at both of them side-by-side, you can see that Kesserk has different markings and a different ear fin structure than the one in Merlin's drawing, which is based on the one that appeared in the original QfR on BV Mythos Sexual Dimorphism.  Besides, Shax shouldn't have all of them to himself. ;)

Icon by Sunblink

Merlin

Quote from: ChaosMageX on April 15, 2013, 07:08:08 AM
Yeah, Merlin's coy male BV Mythos was also one of the first things that came to my mind when I first saw this page.  However, when you look closely at both of them side-by-side, you can see that Kesserk has different markings and a different ear fin structure than the one in Merlin's drawing, which is based on the one that appeared in the original QfR on BV Mythos Sexual Dimorphism.  Besides, Shax shouldn't have all of them to himself. ;)

I understand what you're saying and have updated my avatar accordingly.

Amber Williams

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Amber Williams on April 16, 2013, 09:08:07 AM
Dangit Merlin! I was drinking coffee! :I

You should know better than to read the forum while drinking. ;-]

Amber Williams

llearch n'n'daCorna

ChaosMageX

Quote from: Merlin on April 16, 2013, 04:31:13 AM
Quote from: ChaosMageX on April 15, 2013, 07:08:08 AM

I understand what you're saying and have updated my avatar accordingly.

This further prompts me to try to draw my own BV Mythos characters, fraternal twins of Zezzuva clan.  Now I'm sure incubus will be at least partially based on Kesserk, but I'm still not sure about his sister.  Heck, for all I know only identical twins are born into Zezzuva clan, and if that's the case, then they'll both be male.
All I know is that if they can have these awesome psychedelic patterns on their fins, they can also have them on both sets of their wings.

Icon by Sunblink