dr kildare & sam spade radio dramas

Started by icarus, April 12, 2013, 10:47:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

icarus

pretty sure these are fine to post links to, since they're all from the 1950s.

dr. kildare is a doctorin' radio drama. back when they used to make housecalls and lobotomy was an accepted practice for curing mental illness.
i zipped a buncha eps

sam spade is ye olde crime noir, a hardboiled detective doing what he has to to solve the crime >:O
and here's that zip

for all your background sound needs.

kellyn: it's like being a secret agent, outside we look perfectly normal. no giant metal faces or tattooed eyes or mohawks. BUT. SECRETLY. DRAWING RAINBOW MONSTERS AND ROOOOLE PLAAAAAYING oh the shame oh the humanity, and man i know so many more cool people now wtf is that

Amber Williams

Thanks for the links!

In case folks are wondering, I recently have been trying to get into audio novels or music to listen to while I work on comics since having background noise is really helpful but I cant watch anything with visual aspects otherwise I get distracted.   :mikey

Sofox

Ah, if you're looking for a good comedy radio series, try X-Fools. I used to love listening to it on the radio, each week there'd be a new story which would be delivered as a series of 2 minuite episodes each weekday. Anyway, it's fun and hilarious, about 2 FBO agents investigating paranormal phenomenae in a blatant parody of a popular TV series at the time.

llearch n'n'daCorna

The Highly Esteemed GOON show, perhaps?

I think I have some episodes lying about here somewhere. More 50's radio shows.
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Janus Whitefurr

Quote from: Amber Williams on April 12, 2013, 11:54:09 AM
Thanks for the links!

In case folks are wondering, I recently have been trying to get into audio novels or music to listen to while I work on comics since having background noise is really helpful but I cant watch anything with visual aspects otherwise I get distracted.   :mikey

The Red Panda Adventures

"In the tradition of the great mystery men of radio, pulp fiction and the golden age of comics comes The Red Panda, famed protector of 1930s Toronto! Hiding his true identity as on of the city's wealthiest men behind a bright red domino mask, The Red Panda dispenses two-fisted pulp justice with strength, courage and eerie hypnotic powers. Joined in his quest by that Famed Fighting Female The Flying Squirrel, this Terrific Twosome holds high the lamp of justice in a dark time!"

This post has been brought to you by Bond. Janus Bond. And the Agency™. And possibly spy cameras.

VAE

Bast, something that occured to me that's brilliant to listen to when working on something that doesn't busy up hearing and I can't believe nobody mentioned it yet
http://thefpl.us/index.php - the podcast is essentially a bunch of folks dramatically reading and commenting on assorted utter fail from the internet.
What i cannot create, i do not understand. - Richard P. Feynman
This is DMFA. Where major species don't understand clothing. So innuendo is overlooked for nuendo. .
Saphroneth

RobbieThe1st

Have you guys seen Imagination Theater? Current radio drama, one hour-long show a week, available there.
Decent stuff, and if anyone wants, I have several hundred saved episodes... <_<

Pasteris.ttf <- Pasteris is the font used for text in DMFA.