Destroyer Class War Squid (sketch)

Started by thegayhare, March 27, 2013, 02:39:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thegayhare

here is my latest build

Its an eye for my cyborg space pirate bunny

Its a simple build a few wires, 2 bicycle safety flashers,  the bottom cross piece of a office chair, a tail light cover and some key board vacuum parts

I think it's pretty cool

Either an eye or cyborg heart

Here is the video of the lights

http://youtu.be/ESlqa5fpkDM

Kirrin_Shadowclaw

Ask not for whom the bell tolls, ask why is that guy holding his ears?

thegayhare

thanks now I just have to figure how I'll want it situated on the head....  course I should build the head first....  I think I'm gonna use PVA foam for the metal skin parts rather then my plastic platting plans  its more mailable and still looks good

thegayhare

I've got the Axe halfway done.

I built up the axe and the motor sticks out to far.   I'm planning on using pva foam and some decorative skulls to make the motor look better.

view the moving chain here

http://youtu.be/_gnjGyurUIc

thegayhare

Here I have my chainaxe head. I've built up the head using PVA foam. I then placed the skull over the engine mount, next to it is the battery pack mounting.

I'm going to angle the edge of the foam near the edge.

Should I make it symmetrical and add a skull to the other side too? or add some other decoration

llearch n'n'daCorna

Adding a skull to the other side would make it look more like decoration and less like "required to hide part of the system", if you follow.

Whether or not that matters is over to you. ;-]
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

thegayhare

well since I'm going to be running cabling in an out of the skull it's goign to look like part of the engine.  I think I'm going to do sometihng differnt to decorate the other side

thegayhare

Okay this is probably pushing the boundaries of art.... and it isn't much to look at but here

It isn't much to look at yet simply a 4x7 insulated raised platform,  but this is the base for my mom's new chicken coop.   She wants 4 hens and a rooster (Portuguese hens,  that lay blue or green eggs... very high protein) We also have to of the 4 foot side walls framed up,  one of which will feature a window. but we are at a bit of an impasse as to what to name it.  see its going to be painted gray blue cause thats the paint we have and something else for the trim  and mom wants to have a cute name on it.   I voted for "The Cock House" but while it got a laugh they said no.  but no one else has any idea's

So what do you folks think  anyone have any cute names for our hen house?

My stepdad's a car nut  so I just had a thought to call it the "Coope De Ville"  and give it black trim,  mock up a grille and headlights to one side and puts some wheels next to it...  gonna float that by the folks later. 

llearch n'n'daCorna

Call it "mini" ?

That way it can be the mini coupe...

LionHeart

How about "Coop de Grace"?

- "The Shell-ter"?

- "Lay-By"?
"3x2(9yz)4a!"

"We demand rigidly defined areas of doubt and uncertainty!"

I'm on deviantART.
Also FurAffinity

llearch n'n'daCorna

"Chicken Run", if you want to go movie-themed. "Clown Car" if you hope to have more chickens sometime...

thegayhare

all good ideas I'll be running them by my folks

Well I finished layering the pva foam on the axe head.  I also decided to build an exhaust system on the side opposite of the skull.  I used a electrical work box I had sitting around, 3 small tripod legs, a tiny travel size advil bottle, the bottom of a Arizona ice tea bottle, and the cap of a prescription bottle.
now I wanted to stagger the "Exhaust" ports in a sort of random way.

I also Added a ring from a dollar store Halloween door knocker to the back of the axe head.  this looks kinda cool and lets me hang the axe from it when done.

Now there was a set back.  I had to remove the belt.  It kept getting hung up on the drive wheel teeth so I cut away the chain axe teeth (differntd sets of teef der), stripped off the back and am going to rebuild the belt and try a few other things

nothing is finished I can still move stuff about,  I'm planning on painting most of the manifold black,  the prescription cap gray  and maybe adding my pirate sign... which looks Orky in a bunny way

thegayhare

The leg armor for my cyborg bunny space pirate

It started out as a set of shin guards a quick paint job,

Which I have to touch up, I then bolted some novelty skull door knockers over the knees. I cracked one of them but luckily I had 3 of them. I'll find something to use the cracked skull with

thegayhare

I've started building a prop plasma gun.

I used a small block of 2x4 for the body, a piece of scrap wood cut at an agle for the pistol grip, I bolted one to the other using strips cute from an aluminum can. I wrapped the handle in duct tape I screwed some chloroplast to the back and bottom and then covered the top and sides in pva foam bolted to the block.

I'll be adding the barrel later, but I wanted your opinion what lights should I use for the plasma, red, blue or green?

Write a reply?
Subject:    
     Bold Italic Underlined     Align Left Align Center Align Right

llearch n'n'daCorna

Red, I think, but it depends on how it comes out. ;-]

Kirrin_Shadowclaw

I agree with llearch here, i believe red would be good. I just seem to think blue or green might make it seem a little like a covenant weapon from Halo. But, indeed it does depend on how it comes out. Might suggest attempting a small way of making it possible to change between all three colors via a switch or something of the like somehow.
Ask not for whom the bell tolls, ask why is that guy holding his ears?

thegayhare

The reason I thought of green was based on Halo,  and blue was cause thats the color for plasma in warhammer 40k and a lot of my suff is warhammer based.

Red cause well read means dangerous.  but I already have red,  I'm gonna have red leds on my armor, and head  so I don't want to over saturate.   ehh I'll finish building it before I decide

course before I decide I should see what leds I have on hand.... I know I have red, yellow and I think I have blue and green but I'm not sure about those

PS don't ask why its a mark 3 I needed a name, and if I can find a good spider to mount on the spark chamber it'll be a mark 3 Widowmaker

thegayhare

An update to my plasma pistol build

Nothing is permanent yet just blocking out the placement

I've added an old prescription bottle to the back, that's where I'll put the batteries for the electronics, on each side of the gun will have a top from a pringles can set into it with 4 or 5 red leds for the spark chamber. I've added a small Tupperware container on the front for the focus chamber, I'm thinking of adding a small fan in there for a sound effect linked to the trigger pull. In the barrel I'm going to hace an orange led that will constantly on with a ring of red leds towards the tip that would flash on with the trigger pull

I'm planning on having some cabling running from the focus chamber and a small box mounted infront of the trigger as well

thegayhare

My plasma blaster is almost done so I thought about making a video showing it off

I thne decided to see if I could use my primitive video editing software to add weapons discharges.  

so here is a test using a finger gun
http://youtu.be/TraVOX7yg9o

what do you think?

LionHeart

"3x2(9yz)4a!"

"We demand rigidly defined areas of doubt and uncertainty!"

I'm on deviantART.
Also FurAffinity

thegayhare

thanks is a relatively primitive effect  but I think it came out pretty good

I'm downloading a  more advanced editor to see if I could do better but either way this could work well

Edit:  well after attempting the after effects program I couldn't seem to get it to work... I guess either my systems not up to it or It was smarter then me.   either way I'll stick to my original technique

thegayhare

My plasma pistol is almost finished.

It wired for light, and painted. I need to add some small details to it and then I need to build the grip up, right now I'm waiting on a momentary button from Hong kong to be the the trigger. once I install the trigger the lights one the barrel will be linked to that so the body glows will stay lit but not the barrel. that will only light on a trigger pull

thegayhare

sorry for the double post but I wanted to see if I could use my primitive technique to disintegrate a target watch the water bottle

http://youtu.be/EK-dRVfEmOI

this weapon needs some tweeking since it did leave some of the bottle behind

thegayhare

What anouther post from the bunny?

This is just a new symbol that will be used on some of my equipment

With the 40k style thats leaking into my weapons and style

I felt I needed a symbol that was more true to form, my old space pirate flag with the bubble helmet was to retro, and since my cyborg head will have a metal lower jaw (in plans long before my Orky infestation) I felt something like this would be more fitting

So I'll be printing this as a decal to use on my armor and weapons along with a few other designs

llearch n'n'daCorna

Nice decal. And the gun looks appropriately glowy, too.

thegayhare

Thanks learch

I'm having way to much fun with this gun build

again not really art but not bad either to have gone from a raised platform in the back yard to an almost finished chicken coop in 3 weeks.

all we need to do now is build the the nesting boxes, put the linolum on the floor and get the wire for the enclosure. and since we arnt getting chickens till the spring all that can wait

thegayhare

Well thinking about Warhammer 40k
I realised there is no chain axe, chain sword equivalent to a warhammer, sure there are thunder hammers and power weapons but no motorized heavy hammers. I did hear about a rocket boasted hammer in one of the books but that seemed so limiting. and since I love to bring the hammer down I went to see what I'd like for a motor hammer. I thought of this. The hammer is based some what on the Tricone Roller design of rock drill bits.

this is my own rough mock up but I think it could work and I'm tempted to try and build it

admit it this thing would be scary comming at you with its grinding teeth and roaring engine

llearch n'n'daCorna

I dunno. Something that big and heavy would be easier to avoid, I'd think.

... admittedly the form of art I practice concentrates less on armour and more on avoidance, but even so, a dodge is a dodge. So to speak.

thegayhare

Its more of a boss fight weapon I'll admit Llearch

I painted the manifold for my chain axe, I then added the exhaust tubes and decided to add some brass tips to the exhaust tubes, they were left overs from a recent plumbing repair I think it looks pretty good

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: thegayhare on October 06, 2013, 10:27:12 AM
Its more of a boss fight weapon I'll admit Llearch

I'm not much of a boss, so I'll give you that one. ;-]