Destroyer Class War Squid (sketch)

Started by thegayhare, March 27, 2013, 02:39:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Merlin

I'm sorry to hear that. There's only so much you can do when a chicken becomes eggbound, and it sounds like you tried everything.

thegayhare

yeah and on reading up on it I found out the average mortality rate in even the best tended flocks is about 5% a year... so we're average.

pluss all our losses have been to egg binding we think.  with sweetpea she always laid massive eggs with emmie it could be any number of things but fairly innocuous.  we haven't had any communicable illnesse, animal attacks so we are doing good I think

I'm thinking of making power armor for the surviving girls.  I'll indoctrinate then in to the Sisters of battle The Adaptus Gallinas   in the sister hood of the Seven Orders and Spices

Gallina means Hen in latin  I thought it would be a good joke for the 40k ref

thegayhare

Hello all

I volunteer at a local library while I'm looking for a new job. It helps keep down the blank spaces on my resume, as well as being fun. this years summer reading program was "Heroes and Villians" and the kick off involved a party and games for the kids where we encouraged people to come as there favorite heroe or villian.

My first thought was I could be Judge Death.... my ultimate favorite villian but my sister talked me out of it since I already scare litle kids and no one would get the referance since its a fairly obscure british comic. I thought of making a hell boy outfit but decided agaisnt it since parents might complain. I could have gon with genaric cyborg monster but that seemed like a cheap out, and again would scare the kids (even though that is half the fun) so instead I went with a simple design Marvels Kingpin of crime. It helps that my general frame fits the char too. A button up purple shirt, a tie, my white meat cutting jacket, a dollar store rose. the cane was the haft of one of my sword canes toped with the globe of a solar garden night light and I made the cigar out of a plastic cylinder wrapped in brown cloth and with red foam o simulate the red hot tip.

It was a blast we had a mario, 2 iron men, a captain america, a who family of mandalorians, a fairy princes and others show up. and they had me running a few games for the kids

llearch n'n'daCorna

That's an awesome getup, there.
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

thegayhare

Now I don't know how many people saw my post describing the story world I came up with  but If your interested the link i here

http://clockworkmansion.com/forum/index.php/topic,10379.0.html

now the basic Idea is that in this world human live on cites on the backs and part of giant kiagu like beasts I call BioTitans.   these come in many shapes and sizes so I put together a little sketch of one of the beasts

I'm not a good artist so I will admit the outlins of these are traced.   I used a Galapagos tortoise as the body  and wasp nests, barnacles, and mushrooms

I figure the armoured barnacles would act as factories and low level hab blocks similar to the the ones from judge dredd,   the mushrooms would be powerplants amd housing for the wealthier populous,  and the Waspnests are millitary functions,  searving as moterpool, artillery, rocket launchers, and aircraft hangers.   Course ther are also several layers of the city down below the shell,  farms in the geneticly modified gut flora, rendering plants siphoning off the turtles fat for city use.  damage control teams patroling the nerves, or braving the heat of the  blood vessels, or the super heated furnace of the heart.  repairing damage and extending the life of the titan.   others iinhabit the head  guiding the titan with controls wired right into the beasts cortex

thegayhare

this is a rough sketch of a War Squid. Its really rough I may clean it up later and redo some of the mounts

War Squids are some of the largest airships used by Paracities in combat (squids for fighting octopus for trade), these are tiny when compared to a biotitan though. And this isn't even the largest type of war squid they breed

The war squids are engineered with huge gas bladders, and there highly effecient nanite collonys keep them aloft. how ever since they are essentially lighter then air vessels weight is a factor instead of being armed with heavy projectile shot they carry powerfull energy weapons. ranging from focused sonics, to bioluminescent laser cannons. although there lower deck also carry gravity bombs either the explosive or hungry kinds. and they have been enginiered to be able to generate massive chargers of electrical energy that they can discharge when fighting with there two paddle like hunting arms