2013/03/24 [Matilda #7] Ooooo Shiny Crystal!

Started by It-Or-Whatever-I-Am, March 24, 2013, 12:28:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

It-Or-Whatever-I-Am

Very shiny big crystal...

lots of Taurs...

Biggest comic yet...

And even more wrist hate!

What does this comic NOT have!!!

Mao edit: just fixing up your title a bit, don't mind me. :)
I am known as it, because I have no designation outside that and I would rather it stay like that.

Otherwise Have a good day Sir/Ma'am.

xom

Quote from: It-Or-Whatever-I-Am on March 24, 2013, 12:28:55 AM
Very shiny big crystal...

lots of Taurs...

Biggest comic yet...

And even more wrist hate!

What does this comic NOT have!!!

Humans.  :mowtongue

@Amber You do spoil us, just look at this wonderful background material. (not that I ever change my background. :P)

AxiLarin

Wow!!  :love2  Simply gorgeous!

You've really outdone yourself, Amber.  This had to be a real labor of love.  This would make an amazing fantasy poster.

P.S.  I just set the textless version of the picture as my new wallpaper for my Galaxy Tab 2 tablet.  So perfect!!  :mowhappy

Jasae Bushae

wow....@_@ so pretty! X3
umm, could someone check if she still has hands after drawing this?
I might be a hack writer but thats no reason not to Enjoy writing anyways
http://greenfrostfire.deviantart.com/

Tuyu

Beautiful...

But seeing Matilda's world like this helps get the feeling of just how big the culture shock must've been when she reached the "civilized" parts of the world.

Zebra Bug

My favorite part of the page is just getting a glimpse of the taurs just interacting with one another. Especially that male taur strutting in front of the crystal with like, four females draped over him. And the one in the foreground regailing the two girls with some tale or another. It just seems so natural. And it makes it clear that despite what Matlida said about the women being seen basically as child-baring-furniture, they at least are spoken to like people...to whatever extent we see here. So it's a nice view of her world. And everyone is so pretty and varied. We love you Amber's wrists, please forgive her.

Boy. I took you out of this world and put you back into it. Don't make me try to repeat step one. -Kria

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Zebra Bug on March 24, 2013, 04:49:49 AM
My favorite part of the page is just getting a glimpse of the taurs just interacting with one another. Especially that male taur strutting in front of the crystal with like, four females draped over him.

I do believe you're reading into it. My take on it (which may be equally incorrect) is that there is one female partner, one younger female, and two children, probably boys (spikes and suchlike on the body, although it's a bit hard to tell).

Or possibly, looking a the larger version, two partners and two children, one boy, one girl. Don't know if younger boys don't have spikes, and they grow them after a short time, or what.

All this is a bit theoretical, though, as we really _don't_ know anything about it, yet. So I'm happy to just wait and see. I agree with you about the slice-of-life imagery, though - muchly appreciated.
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

joshofspam

Kind of reminds me of the spread out of the main cave in fraggle rock.

Big cave, big number of the cave denizens there.
I perfer my spam cooked on a skillet.

It-Or-Whatever-I-Am

I'm surprised no one has asked one simple question, how did this crystal come to be?

I want to see what peoples ideas are because I have none... :(
I am known as it, because I have no designation outside that and I would rather it stay like that.

Otherwise Have a good day Sir/Ma'am.

Tapewolf

Quote from: It-Or-Whatever-I-Am on March 24, 2013, 05:45:13 PM
I'm surprised no one has asked one simple question, how did this crystal come to be?

Depending on how the magical effects work, they may possibly have glued lots of little ones together...

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

joshofspam

Time and pressure.

That's all it really takes.

No reason for it to be anymore complex then that. It does though explain why their society seems to be built around it. Something that big made naturally would be hard to find anywhere else.
I perfer my spam cooked on a skillet.

Prroul

A Wizard Magical Volcano did it!

Really, when magic comes into play, the laws of physics tend to just shrug and go along with it.

Grey Wolf

You mean like this?

These
things just happen. In really hot temperatures that humans could not survive in.
Warning: This forum goer is prone to bouts of logic, and has a dry sense of humor.

llearch n'n'daCorna

The problem, Grey Wolf, is that it's very hard to get a sense of scale of most of the images of those.

The images you've selected to show are excellent in that regard - most of the others I've seen, less so. :-/

Zebra Bug

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on March 24, 2013, 07:54:11 AM
Quote from: Zebra Bug on March 24, 2013, 04:49:49 AM
My favorite part of the page is just getting a glimpse of the taurs just interacting with one another. Especially that male taur strutting in front of the crystal with like, four females draped over him.

I do believe you're reading into it. My take on it (which may be equally incorrect) is that there is one female partner, one younger female, and two children, probably boys (spikes and suchlike on the body, although it's a bit hard to tell).

Or possibly, looking a the larger version, two partners and two children, one boy, one girl. Don't know if younger boys don't have spikes, and they grow them after a short time, or what.

All this is a bit theoretical, though, as we really _don't_ know anything about it, yet. So I'm happy to just wait and see. I agree with you about the slice-of-life imagery, though - muchly appreciated.

Well, I do stand (sit?) corrected. I have looked at the picture again, and have to concur. I still stand by my inital statement of that being my favorite part of the pic, even more now...seeing a male interact with his family.... :mowmeep :mowcookie

Boy. I took you out of this world and put you back into it. Don't make me try to repeat step one. -Kria

ChaosMageX

Wow, this is quite an amazing page, especially given the wildly varying patterns on both the males and females.  I especially like the patterning on the male in the foreground, and for some reason I hear him speaking with the voice of Matt Hill (Soarin' in MLP:FiM, Bankotsu in Inuyasha) or at least a surfer-style voice.

Also, the male adult and child on the wall in the background are almost definitive proof that, like geckos, Matilda's species is in fact able to harness the power of the Van der Waals Force in place of opposed digits for gripping onto surfaces and manipulating objects.

Icon by Sunblink

Alondro

*King Sombra smoke form peeks into the volcano*  CRRRRYYYYYYYYSSSSSSSTAAAAAALLLLLLSSSSSS....

(Somepony had to do it.)   ;)
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

Tuyu

It solidified out of the liquid magic like rock candy? And maybe they maintain/grow it by "watering" it?

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: ChaosMageX on March 25, 2013, 04:15:59 AM
Also, the male adult and child on the wall in the background are almost definitive proof that, like geckos, Matilda's species is in fact able to harness the power of the Van der Waals Force in place of opposed digits for gripping onto surfaces and manipulating objects.

... Or we just can't see the imperfections they're holding onto (he says, taking the Devil's Advocate position. *grin*)

I will say, I'm interested. See, for me, I'd be _below_ the child - were it mine - so that if the child slips, they don't fall too far without landing on someone who can hold their weight, and/or fall underneath them. At least, that's what _I_ did when my son went rock (wall) climbing. This may be a difference between how _I_ think and how Amber thinks, though. Or it's just that the parent doesn't believe there's any risk involved, in which case, that's also fine. ;-]

Ah, guesswork. Isn't it fun?