2013/03/18 [DMFA#1387] Aggressive Negotiations

Started by techmaster-glitch, March 17, 2013, 11:44:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

techmaster-glitch

Because that reference was too good to pass up. xD

KarlOmega1

Ah great, now I'm on the edge of my seat in wanting to know whom that tentaclaw belonged to! Cursed Cliffhanger!  :mowtongue
I'm a Skype User.
Skype Name: Karaius

Jasae Bushae

given the desired effect and the physical similarities im guessing damakia clan
I might be a hack writer but thats no reason not to Enjoy writing anyways
http://greenfrostfire.deviantart.com/

Nino

Quote from: KarlOmega1 on March 18, 2013, 01:06:22 AM
Ah great, now I'm on the edge of my seat in wanting to know whom that tentaclaw belonged to! Cursed Cliffhanger!  :mowtongue

Seriously =<

I love the multiple layers of fluff on Falina's ear. I always notice the weirdest things but artistically that really does look great.

Verkanon

Indeed, I am curious to see who the claw belongs to.
Never underestimate the power language imparts. Sticks and stones can break your bones, but words can break hearts.

Tapewolf

Kish'Ta has wings approximately that colour and it's the sort of thing she'd do by the looks.  However, Dimanika has a tail which looks very much like that.  I've heard Taun won't be coming in person.  The only other individual of that colour is Zezzuva.

Shapeshifting to a different colour is possible, and of course it might be the leader's representative anyway.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Alondro

Oh noes!  Dan's virginity is at stake!  He has CLEARLY been abducted for molestations!   :U
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

Jasae Bushae

I might be a hack writer but thats no reason not to Enjoy writing anyways
http://greenfrostfire.deviantart.com/

Shadowdancer

Just how long has that claw been following him, and how many of them?  :erk
The most powerful magic is just a distraction.

Tuyu

Quote from: Jasae Bushae on March 18, 2013, 01:50:15 PM
Quote from: Alondro on March 18, 2013, 01:22:12 PM
Oh noes!  Dan's virginity is at stake! 
http://www.missmab.com/Comics/Vol_1221.php are we even sure thats a factor anymore? ^^;
http://www.missmab.com/Comics/Vol_1230.php  Only if Dan considers losing his virginity "really nothing significant or serious".

And I almost want to drag this out by having the next comic show an assortment of tentacle arms arriving and fighting over Dan.  Almost.

Zebra Bug

Well, I initially suspected that the claw of doom belonged to Dimanika, but her tail-hand is paler and only has two fingers and a thumb, not three. But, well...shape-shifters. It could be Zezzuva...I'd think she'd be more subtle though. But she is likely enough. Could be Taun. I'm going for Zezzuva though. Prepared for a plot twist on Friday though. Or scene change.  :mowtongue

On another note, if Dan had immediately responded with "Yes", would Fa'lina have defended him?

Quote from: Jasae Bushae on March 18, 2013, 01:50:15 PM
Quote from: Alondro on March 18, 2013, 01:22:12 PM
Oh noes!  Dan's virginity is at stake!
http://www.missmab.com/Comics/Vol_1221.php are we even sure thats a factor anymore? ^^;

He was given the title 'Friend of Beerwenches' at one point yes?

Boy. I took you out of this world and put you back into it. Don't make me try to repeat step one. -Kria

joshofspam

Seems like some are really wanting to meet Dan before the meeting.

Though there's so many possible reasons why and they aren't mutually exclusive. Dan is a new comer from a tri-wing clan that is two numbers drop away of becoming like Fa'lina's clan. He's new and meeting him now before the meeting will give them time to feel his mind a bit to figure a bit out about him. Maybe they can fool him and influence potential agreements with him even before the meeting begins.

Though considering his mind can still talk to Cyra in his dreams and these are tri-wings, I can't help but imagen a scene full of teenage girls all fighting over who gets to use the phone first. :veryevil
I perfer my spam cooked on a skillet.

Prroul

Hmm... so, good aggressive or bad aggressive? Then again, this is Dan we're talking about, with a thing for amazons, so even a bad aggressive can turn into good aggressive...

I guess we'll find out Friday...

Nino

Quote from: joshofspam on March 18, 2013, 07:56:08 PM
Though there's so many possible reasons why and they aren't mutually exclusive. Dan is a new comer from a tri-wing clan that is two numbers drop away of becoming like Fa'lina's clan.

It's true, but the clan's been one member away since the start of SAIA, so it may not seem as precarious as it sounds (though if neither clan member is set on staying at SAIA then it's a real possibility). That's gotta be a harrowing thought for Cyra... though it's almost certainly a relief that there's at least Dan around now. Especially since Dee's life was in much more danger outside the academy.

Although... if Dee were to ascend, would this make Cyra a leader without a clan? Because Dan would suddenly be part of Dee's new clan? Or can you only ascend into a new clan if you're in a leaderless clan to begin with? (otherwise, you would just have to take or receive leadership of the existing clan you're in, like Zezzuva or Seme)? In the same vein as Aniz, I kind of assume she had Dan because she wants to become a triwing, and in the event of that happening she needs to make sure that descendents are around before that happens. Why else would Aniz care so much about keeping a leaderless clan around? And destroying all the dragons sounds like something that might cause ascension, depending on how it was done.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Nino on March 19, 2013, 03:37:21 AM
Although... if Dee were to ascend, would this make Cyra a leader without a clan? Because Dan would suddenly be part of Dee's new clan? Or can you only ascend into a new clan if you're in a leaderless clan to begin with? (otherwise, you would just have to take or receive leadership of the existing clan you're in, like Zezzuva or Seme)? In the same vein as Aniz, I kind of assume she had Dan because she wants to become a triwing, and in the event of that happening she needs to make sure that descendents are around before that happens. Why else would Aniz care so much about keeping a leaderless clan around? And destroying all the dragons sounds like something that might cause ascension, depending on how it was done.

I _believe_, although I'm not 100% sure, that "ascending" to tri-wing status and "leading" a clan are two different, and not mutually inclusive, states. So you can have more than one tri-wing in a clan, in the same way as you can have less than one (there has been mention of clans that are not led by a tri-wing, but I don't believe there are any leaderless clans with more than one person in them; Siar is a bit of a nonentity, but I think Aniz counts as the leader - up until his death - by default; this would mean Abel is now the "leader" of Siar, but since he's aggressively noninterested in expanding the clan, it does leave it in a bit of an odd state. Speaking of, I think it would be nice if he met someone to straighten him out somewhat, but since anyone long-lived enough to do that would probably be cubi, and hence from a more powerful clan, it wouldn't help with descendants, either. Not to mention being outside the space of the comic...)

All that's a bit of a side-story, though. If Dee were to try to take over or split the clan off, I'm not sure what would happen - the clan is a bit small for that sort of shenanigans. I think the best option would be for Cyra to have a few words with her, but I don't know that that can happen in any meaningful way while the Dragons are still around, so...

Interesting times, all around. Anyway...
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Tapewolf

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on March 19, 2013, 05:02:39 AM
I _believe_, although I'm not 100% sure, that "ascending" to tri-wing status and "leading" a clan are two different, and not mutually inclusive, states.

It's kind of confused.  'Clan Leader' as Amber says it usually refers to an ascended leader, but there's no reason a clan whose Leader was murdered would die out unless they chose to (which they might, out of grief).  Aary's Hrienth clan, and AFAIK most of the clans currently in existence don't have a Leader, but they are still ticking along and/or thriving.

I get the impression that the non-Leader clans are often directionless and confused, but I don't see any obvious reason why someone with ambition and a clear plan couldn't become their chief, a'la Daryil, assuming the others accepted them.  Or they could form a council of some kind.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Nino

I _believe_, although I'm not 100% sure, that "ascending" to tri-wing status and "leading" a clan are two different, and not mutually inclusive, states. So you can have more than one tri-wing in a clan, in the same way as you can have less than one (there has been mention of clans that are not led by a tri-wing, but I don't believe there are any leaderless clans with more than one person in them; Siar is a bit of a nonentity, but I think Aniz counts as the leader - up until his death - by default; this would mean Abel is now the "leader" of Siar...

If this were true, wouldn't Mink's presentation include non-tri wings? It was about clan leaders, after all.

Tezkat

Quote from: Nino on March 19, 2013, 03:57:42 PM

I _believe_, although I'm not 100% sure, that "ascending" to tri-wing status and "leading" a clan are two different, and not mutually inclusive, states. So you can have more than one tri-wing in a clan, in the same way as you can have less than one (there has been mention of clans that are not led by a tri-wing, but I don't believe there are any leaderless clans with more than one person in them; Siar is a bit of a nonentity, but I think Aniz counts as the leader - up until his death - by default; this would mean Abel is now the "leader" of Siar...

If this were true, wouldn't Mink's presentation include non-tri wings? It was about clan leaders, after all.

Presumably, "Clan Leader" is reserved for tri-wings. The folks stuck running a founderless clan have to shoulder all of the responsibilities without the benefit of phenomenal cosmic powers or fancy titles. :animesweat

The same thing we do every night, Pinky...

joshofspam

Quote from: Tezkat on March 19, 2013, 04:12:45 PM

Quote from: Nino on March 19, 2013, 03:57:42 PM

Presumably, "Clan Leader" is reserved for tri-wings. The folks stuck running a founderless clan have to shoulder all of the responsibilities without the benefit of phenomenal cosmic powers or fancy titles. :animesweat

I suppose it also can have a duel meaning or focus.

Depending how you talk about it, using Clan leader in a discussion of politics would mean any cubi who runs a clan or if you talk about it in an honorary title sense you refer to the tri-wings.

Incidental, if you take that rote of thought into mind. It might be seen as a bit of a fax-pas for a clan leader with just two sets of wings to refer to themselves in such a matter in the presence of a tri-wing or one of the tri-wings clan members.
I perfer my spam cooked on a skillet.