2013/03/15 [DMFA#1386] Neutral Excuse

Started by LoneHowler, March 15, 2013, 01:10:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LoneHowler

It's been a while since I started a topic so I hope I got it right.
I noticed Fa'Lina has muted her colors, she isn't as brightly Pink as usual. Perhaps it's a way to understate herself and not look too powerful
Yes I know I'm a horrid speller queen of typos but dang it, I'm trying to get better
MY warp aci crappy photoshop I wish I had my tablet working
My Yappty thanks Silver :)
(hmm my sig needs updating. eeeeeh I'll do it later 07/29/06)

Zebra Bug

Huh, I hadn't noticed it, but you're right, she did seem to have muted her fur color. Impressive. And I love what she did to her hair. Also....all the background characters are just gorgeous!! I especially love the girl with the green warp-aci in the last panel. And...every time we see Fa'lina her assets seem to have grown. Soon they will devour the school.  :mowninja

Boy. I took you out of this world and put you back into it. Don't make me try to repeat step one. -Kria

Tuyu

But the question is--if she isn't dressed to attend the meeting, what is she dressed for?

You don't suppose the meeting of the clan leaders occurs on the anniversary of the fall of her clan, do you?

joshofspam

Quote from: Tuyu on March 15, 2013, 02:24:13 AM
But the question is--if she isn't dressed to attend the meeting, what is she dressed for?

You don't suppose the meeting of the clan leaders occurs on the anniversary of the fall of her clan, do you?

It's an interesting thought, though it could just as well be Fa'lina could like to wear a large number of different fashions or with everything going on today, Fa'lina feels like dressing and looking a little more conservative then how we usually see her.

After all, even if she isn't joining in the meeting, they still all will might see her before and maybe after the meeting. She just can't get really involved in the politics at the meeting.
I perfer my spam cooked on a skillet.

Tapewolf

I had assumed that she would act as a mediator who sat quietly and prevented things from getting too rough.  But I suppose she has a point.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Eboreg

Quote from: Amber Williams on October 29, 2012, 05:55:06 PM
I expect if flamethrowers exist, Matilda would be tempted to install one into her shower.

RuneSage

Fa'lina's hair looks awesome in this strip!

Zebra Bug

She is incredibly savvy, but are we really surprised? No one can ever claim that big boobs equals no brains...'cause Fa'lina is no slouch in either department.  :mowtongue I hadn't noticed though, does she usually hide her third pair of wings? Thinking on it I guess she does....but considering she is no longer much of a 'Clan Leader' as such being without an actual clan...

Not to say I think she lost tri-wing status or anything.

Boy. I took you out of this world and put you back into it. Don't make me try to repeat step one. -Kria

Infranscia

Ditto on seeing the crowds.  I like how there's a Warp-Aci sitting on the head of the green-winged gold fox Cubi in the back in panel 3, possibly reading the book that the Cubi is reading. :mowsmile  I also like the colors on the Cubi with the double-pierced ear.  And the long ears on the other Cubi in panel 3...

Also, looks like the position of back-wings can vary on 'taur Cubi.
Please excuse the watermarked avatar.  I haven't bothered to fix it yet.  (Still, thanks to PetFriendAmy for the original pic!)

Zebra Bug

Quote from: Infranscia on March 15, 2013, 11:20:25 AM
Also, looks like the position of back-wings can vary on 'taur Cubi.

Like...being on their hind-quarters near their back legs?

lilpuppy23

Quote from: Zebra Bug on March 15, 2013, 10:53:22 AM
She is incredibly savvy, but are we really surprised? No one can ever claim that big boobs equals no brains...'cause Fa'lina is no slouch in either department.  :mowtongue I hadn't noticed though, does she usually hide her third pair of wings? Thinking on it I guess she does....but considering she is no longer much of a 'Clan Leader' as such being without an actual clan...

Not to say I think she lost tri-wing status or anything.

I was kind of thinking the same thing, In the sense that probably most clan leaders only show off their third set of wings if they actually have a clan.

Also, I'm guessing at some point Fa'Lina told Dan everything. The first time Dan met her, She was really ambiguous about her status as a clan leader, and here she is being all casual about it and Dan is not acting surprised by it at all. That or he'll be surprised in the next strip.  :)

Tapewolf

Quote from: lilpuppy23 on March 15, 2013, 12:18:42 PM
I was kind of thinking the same thing, In the sense that probably most clan leaders only show off their third set of wings if they actually have a clan.

I think that losing their clan drives most of them insane and/or suicidal, something that Fa'Lina apparently only missed by devising a substitute (i.e. the academy).  So chances are most of the clanless leaders don't last long.

QuoteAlso, I'm guessing at some point Fa'Lina told Dan everything. The first time Dan met her, She was really ambiguous about her status as a clan leader, and here she is being all casual about it and Dan is not acting surprised by it at all. That or he'll be surprised in the next strip.  :)

He might have been given a quick primer course prior to the shielding class.  However, it's quite possible that Dan simply doesn't know that a Clan Leader means something special.  He may not know about ascension at all, and is simply assuming it's a gathering of the hot-shots in the 'Cubi world.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

joshofspam

Quote from: Tapewolf on March 15, 2013, 12:28:01 PM
Quote from: lilpuppy23 on March 15, 2013, 12:18:42 PM

I think that losing their clan drives most of them insane and/or suicidal, something that Fa'Lina apparently only missed by devising a substitute (i.e. the academy).  So chances are most of the clanless leaders don't last long.

QuoteAlso, I'm guessing at some point Fa'Lina told Dan everything. The first time Dan met her, She was really ambiguous about her status as a clan leader, and here she is being all casual about it and Dan is not acting surprised by it at all. That or he'll be surprised in the next strip.  :)

He might have been given a quick primer course prior to the shielding class.  However, it's quite possible that Dan simply doesn't know that a Clan Leader means something special.  He may not know about ascension at all, and is simply assuming it's a gathering of the hot-shots in the 'Cubi world.

I'm not really sure what Dan would take for granted when it comes clan leaders. We at least know that clans don't necessarily need a tri-wing to have a clan. But we know that a clan with a tri-wing is a very big deal. We know that Dan had several meetings with her grandmother that he learned that clan leaders like his grandmother are especially large.

I guess he's still going to learn a thing or two when he gets there.
I perfer my spam cooked on a skillet.

Nino

The background characters really do look amazing in this one. The color scheme on the teal one is just excellent. The magenta and violet look amazing with that teal - maybe because it's a step away on the color well (more of a cyan than the blue that would be directly next to violet).

I like the big-earred 'Cubi in the bottom panel too. The colors are so natural and soft. The hair is also interesting - if its natural, she shares that different colored tip set of genes with Abel (but since it doesn't show up in the bangs it's either shapeshifted or a different variation that only shows up on strands behind the ears).

I'd love to know what that kind of patterning means, if anything. We already know Abel's got some special qualities (dual-type wings and eyes), is the dual-colored hair part of this too, something else entirely, or irrelevant?

Prroul

You know, everyone seems to be noticing that she's got the gals concealed, and misses her legs entirely. That's a rather brief kimono she's got on there... not that I'd be complaining in the least. Or perhaps it's just flowing around her legs.

And yea, I thought that since she didn't have a clan (anymore) that she would be a neutral mediator for the meeting. Looks like I was wrong. Still, I don't blame her for finding a reason to NOT be included.

Tuyu

:erk

Okay, you started me paying attention to everyone's appearance...and now I'm obsessing about lopsided hair.

This has probably been answered before, but if so I can't find it. So...

Has anyone noticed that most cubi part their hair in the middle, but have more hair one one side than the other?

And most beings, non-cubi creatures (with hair), and even the fae either have more even hair with a middle part, or part their hair on the side?

(Biggs, Mink, and Destania being the most noteworthy exceptions I've found.)

Zebra Bug

Quote from: Tuyu on March 17, 2013, 02:22:03 AM
:erk

Okay, you started me paying attention to everyone's appearance...and now I'm obsessing about lopsided hair.

This has probably been answered before, but if so I can't find it. So...

Has anyone noticed that most cubi part their hair in the middle, but have more hair one one side than the other?

And most beings, non-cubi creatures (with hair), and even the fae either have more even hair with a middle part, or part their hair on the side?

(Biggs, Mink, and Destania being the most noteworthy exceptions I've found.)

Never noticed....but now I will scour the archieves....that is a day wasted there.  :mowtongue

MT Hazard

I did notice a reoccurring hair style a while back, it was more hair on one side and a tuft of hair in the middle. It was most noticeable in Dan, Abel and Alexsi to begin with. I think it was the standard hair style before Amber started experimenting with different styles, but some of the older characters kept it, as did characters that have very few appearances.
Grammar and I Don't always get on.

Link of the moment:  Sleepless domain (web comic) 

Mordsith

Just wondering, The cubi with the long "ears" in the second to last panel (pink and spotted): is that supposed to be a sea slug? 'Cause that would be amazing! That's just what my mind jumped to...

Zebra Bug

Quote from: Mordsith on March 20, 2013, 11:47:56 AM
Just wondering, The cubi with the long "ears" in the second to last panel (pink and spotted): is that supposed to be a sea slug? 'Cause that would be amazing! That just what my mind jumped to...

If that were the case I think s/he would be legless, like a Mythos or something. I agree that the markings are similar though.