2013/03/10 [DMFA#1385] Wear a belt

Started by Zebra Bug, March 11, 2013, 12:11:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zebra Bug

I love Fa'lina's suit, so stylish. I have to wonder about her comment though, "I suspect anything short of you depantsing Taun's emissary would raise an eyebrow amongst those in the meeting." Which would mean....more and you would not raise eyebrows? That line seems like it should be "-would not raise an eyebrow".

But that does sound like a funny scenario. XD Piflak, really?  :mowhappy

Edit: Fixed your subject.
  -- llearch

Boy. I took you out of this world and put you back into it. Don't make me try to repeat step one. -Kria

Lying Foo

Itsuwari, osore, kyoshoku, urei - samazama wa negative ni torawareru hodo yowaku wa nai, kodoku mo shiranu Trickster.

Zebra Bug

Boy. I took you out of this world and put you back into it. Don't make me try to repeat step one. -Kria

Treesong

ZB, I suspect either 'I suspect nothing' or 'I doubt anything' was the intent.

ChaosMageX

I don't think we've seen Fa'lina wearing that color since the flashback of her mourning her fallen clan.

Icon by Sunblink

Zebra Bug

Quote from: Treesong on March 11, 2013, 12:20:57 AM
ZB, I suspect either 'I suspect nothing' or 'I doubt anything' was the intent.

So do I, it just doesn't make a lot of sense read litterally.

Azal

Amber... with allergy season starting... you nearly killed me form making me laugh that hard.

But really, it was Piflak and not Dimanika who did the de-pantsing?

Or Abel?

joshofspam

Well harassing the new kid would sound like something that could happen at a shindig like this, I suppose.

Considering what we've seen of Cyra, I can't help but think Dan's going to be doing a lot of looking up just to have a conversation with those tri-wings that attend.
I perfer my spam cooked on a skillet.

MT Hazard

That's got to be Fa'lina's most conservative outfit ever. Maybe its something to do with the sensibilities of the other clan leaders, or they don't want to be upstaged.

That or as protection against wardrobe malfunctions, given what she normally wears those malfunctions could be pretty epic.

My interpretation of the 'raise an eyebrow' comment was that everything up to stealing clothes would cause raised eyebrows, but nothing else. However, if you were to cross that line...
Grammar and I Don't always get on.

Link of the moment:  Sleepless domain (web comic) 

Shax

Love Fa'Lina's outfit in this one~

Also, Mab plays Minecraft? Whats more, Tekkit?! She so needs to join Merlitz's server with us <3 (( In her News~ ))

Amber Williams

Sorry guys.  That was my bad.  I had meant to type "won't" raise an eyebrow.  It's been fixed.

Ignuus66

Dan won't be too happy about his breakfast re-appearing in a random location.... Which brings up an interesting question, if a warp aki go to a different dimension and eat something there, where does that thing go?

Also I am more of a Vanilla player, but I enjoy FTB (feed the beast) too. I used to play tekkit but I changed to FTB

(credit: Gabi)

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Shax on March 11, 2013, 10:25:56 AM

Also, Mab plays Minecraft? Whats more, Tekkit?! She so needs to join Merlitz's server with us <3 (( In her News~ ))

Pfft. Like Mab would do anything with anyone else. ;-]
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Shadowdancer

Ah, newbie hazing may be a risk I take it..

I still think Fi is the star of the page. Gotta respect that kinda appetite.  :mowcookie
The most powerful magic is just a distraction.

Amber Williams

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on March 11, 2013, 03:26:16 PM

Hey now! I'm not against public servers!  It's more that after the sweet delicious flying powers and ability to EMC convert...having to start with nothing is just painful.  :U

That said, if any servers had a spare swiftwolf ring and energy condensor...I may be willing to consider a migration.  >:3

Shax

Quote from: Amber Williams on March 11, 2013, 05:29:59 PM

Hey now! I'm not against public servers!  It's more that after the sweet delicious flying powers and ability to EMC convert...having to start with nothing is just painful.  :U

That said, if any servers had a spare swiftwolf ring and energy condensor...I may be willing to consider a migration.  >:3

Hun... Merlitz can get to the top tier within two hours of th server starting g depending out our mining speed. We can set you up and you can be the almighty Fae goddess. Message me your MC username. We will get ya white listed

Prroul

Quote from: Amber Williams on March 11, 2013, 05:29:59 PM

Ahh, EE2...

With all due respect, ma'am, have you considered Modular Power Suits mod? It's got a flight mode which is very much like Swiftwolf.

Umm... about the condensers... I tend to view those as 'why not just play creative mode if you want infinite stuffs'. I mean, when a cow, a bucket, and a Deployer can out-produce an entire collector-flower in EMC production, it kinda takes the 'mine' out of Minecraft. Mooshrooms and bowls for stew gets even more ridiculous. To say nothing of dark rooms and mob grinders and flax capacitors and mushroom generators....

But hey, to each their own. There's a FTB pack on 1.2.5 which has EE2 in it. It's the old FTB Classic Map pack. Of course, the condensers and all the cheesy EMC generation tactics were -required- on that map. You had to get your iron by farming zombie pigmen in the nether and converting the gold nuggets into gold, then turning that into iron. It was actually pretty fun, you might want to try it out.

Amber Williams

It's odd for me I guess. I like primarily just building about, but I still like the danger of critters lurking around the corner.  And the trick of having to track down the items before I can actually make use of them since even if I do have an EMC thingie, I still have to search about for stuff to feed into it.  :eager

I guess for me its like creative mode with bite.

llearch n'n'daCorna

For my part, I've been running FTB. I'm not sure, but I suspect gregtech might make for a longer game, but hey.

As it stands, I have a neat storage area full of barrels of stuff. And a lot of stuff. Graviplate makes for flying ability, and I'm messing about with thaumcraft, so...

Eboreg

I swear, for all of the negative stereotypes of 'Cubi, they seem to really be the biggest goofballs on the planet.
Quote from: Amber Williams on October 29, 2012, 05:55:06 PM
I expect if flamethrowers exist, Matilda would be tempted to install one into her shower.

Prroul

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on March 12, 2013, 07:53:25 AM
For my part, I've been running FTB. I'm not sure, but I suspect gregtech might make for a longer game, but hey.

As it stands, I have a neat storage area full of barrels of stuff. And a lot of stuff. Graviplate makes for flying ability, and I'm messing about with thaumcraft, so...

Gregtech does make for a longer game. Contrary to popular belief, not all of it is 'arbitrary nerf bats' either. Once you get your industrial setup going, some of the alternate recipes are actually cheaper, even if you have to jump through more hoops to get them. Carbon Cells vs Carbon Plates, for example. Also, Centrifuge Extractor lets you spin all kinds of useful things out of Lava, which is essentially free once you hit the Nether.

I've just removed Factorization entirely from my game. With Thermal Expansion available for ore refining, and Iron Chests for a much better storage system, the only thing left are Wrath Lamps... and I'm not going to blow up a diamond block just to get access to them. Not when I have RP2 lamps, anyways.

Gravisuite is a lot of fun. For that matter, UU Matter would be one way for Amber to enjoy her EE2ish mode, as long as GregTech is NOT installed. UUM = pretty much any item, if you have patience and know the recipes. And Gravisuite is pretty much Swiftwolf flight. It just requires a heck of a lot more infrastructure to get going than 'trans tab + Condenser'.

Shax

Quote from: Eboreg on March 12, 2013, 08:04:32 AM
I swear, for all of the negative stereotypes of 'Cubi, they seem to really be the biggest goofballs on the planet.
Hey! W-we are not goofballs!

Tapewolf

That's pretty much the rationale for Daryil - what's the point of living for thousands of years if you can't have some fun?

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Eboreg

Quote from: Shax on March 12, 2013, 08:23:29 AM
Hey! W-we are not goofballs!

Really ... I used to be a goofball but even then, I wouldn't even consider pulling off a professional soldier's pants in the middle of an official meeting. And this is from the "do it best" clan not from the "certified loony" clan.
Quote from: Amber Williams on October 29, 2012, 05:55:06 PM
I expect if flamethrowers exist, Matilda would be tempted to install one into her shower.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Prroul on March 12, 2013, 08:10:40 AM
I've just removed Factorization entirely from my game. With Thermal Expansion available for ore refining, and Iron Chests for a much better storage system, the only thing left are Wrath Lamps... and I'm not going to blow up a diamond block just to get access to them. Not when I have RP2 lamps, anyways.

I beg to differ on the storage system. A barrel with the extra-dimensional storage option stores 1024 stacks in a single block, and is a darned sight cheaper than enough diamond chests to store a similar volume - diamond chest is, what, 117 stacks? (9x13) And random content?

Setting up a router and a wall of barrels is trivial, and all you need to do is pipe stuff into the router and magic happens. I have yet to see anything direwolf has done with sorting to be as simple and reliable, within the same restrictions.

Admittedly it doesn't leave me with pre-processed ores, but if I've got 115 stacks of ore, I'd have to have 230 stacks of ingots for the same thing; seems a bit overkill.

All this is starting to get a bit far afield, though. We should probably start up a thread about minecraft in the Colosseum...

Jasae Bushae

@_@
minecraft sounds alot more elaborate than i expected...i thought it was just some building synthisizer with exploding cactus monsters and trolls who cruise around demolishing other peoples stuff o.O
I might be a hack writer but thats no reason not to Enjoy writing anyways
http://greenfrostfire.deviantart.com/

Shadowdancer

They're talking about 'shudder' mods.  :kirby  Although I might have to try tekkit after reading this.

Yeah, you pretty much got it in one unless the server is full of people you know.  :mowsad   But then, that's any online sandbox.
The most powerful magic is just a distraction.

Ignuus66

Fi's appetite will never be filled, ever!

I use the mindcrack pack for FTB, but I tend to go vanilla multiplayer with some friends of mine, but If anyone invites me to a FTB server I might drop around every now and then, when I have free time. anyone else think there should be a special minecraft thread with all the minecraft players appearing out of thin air?

(credit: Gabi)

ChaosMageX

Hmmm, a lot of talk about Minecraft, which once again makes me want to try playing it, or at least peruse its underlying Java code again.  However, I'm inclined to agree with llearch here:

Icon by Sunblink

MT Hazard

Fa'lina might want to a basic run though of the kind of questions Dan might be asked.

"So your from the clan that started the cubi-dragon war that nearly caused our races extinction. How to you feel about that?"

If they don't ask about Cyra, his mother is probably a rich conversation topic, as is his adventurer past.
Grammar and I Don't always get on.

Link of the moment:  Sleepless domain (web comic)