2013/02/09 [Matilda # 0-1] And it begins

Started by Zebra Bug, February 10, 2013, 12:30:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zebra Bug

I love the mask on the cover page, it is gorgeous. And than the first page...introduces some interesting looking characters. We have what looks like two Beings, a Mythos, and....a Demon? The four-armed man has horns...What do you all think he is?

Boy. I took you out of this world and put you back into it. Don't make me try to repeat step one. -Kria

RobbieThe1st

Quote from: Zebra Bug on February 10, 2013, 12:30:18 AM
I love the mask on the cover page, it is gorgeous. And than the first page...introduces some interesting looking characters. We have what looks like two Beings, a Mythos, and....a Demon? The four-armed man has horns...What do you all think he is?
I'm sorry for this, but if you look at the bottom of the page:
"Strype, Kejta, Cooper, Minnigan (C) their respective owners". Which is which should be easy enough to determine(along with basic general info)

That being said, how they fit into the DMFA universe -- that's the interesting part.

Pasteris.ttf <- Pasteris is the font used for text in DMFA.

Jasae Bushae

hmm...so magic is a specific concentrated energy that can be heavily concentrated in specific areas including an active volcano that spews magic...
Could this mean magic is this worlds answer to magma? O.o
I might be a hack writer but thats no reason not to Enjoy writing anyways
http://greenfrostfire.deviantart.com/

Tuyu

Good thing Jyrras isn't there. He might set it off.

Little yellow lizards everywhere, and being treated as harmless. Probably a mistake, right?

And at the moment, they only seem interested in the beings.

ChaosMageX

Wow, Mannigan's cameo was unexpected but still appreciated, not only by his owner but by me as well.  With both taurs and a four armed wolf, this side story will definitely appeal to multi-furries out there.  I'm definitely finding it appealing so far.

Also, Estoetheric is now the word of the day.  I'll keep my fingers crossed for mana (magical energy) and quog (magical power) to be mentioned as well.

Icon by Sunblink

Tapewolf

I wonder if these guys are how she ends up in Zinvth.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Eboreg

What do you all think he is?

Probably some unholy combination of several different races including Being, Demon, Mythos, and possibly even Phoenix.
Quote from: Amber Williams on October 29, 2012, 05:55:06 PM
I expect if flamethrowers exist, Matilda would be tempted to install one into her shower.

joshofspam

Hmmmmmmmmm...sounds like they have their lands set up as a trap.

Not that moving around a active magic volcano would most likely be easy. But moving around a hostile environment where the denizens of it are made for that environment and can be quite hostile to intruders wouldn't be a cake walk.

Interesting start for this story. :eager
I perfer my spam cooked on a skillet.

Amber Williams

In regards to DMFA continuity, I had put Kejta (the interestingly coloured horned gal) and Minnigan (the four armed fella) as Mythos.  Where as Strype and Cooper are beings.

Zebra Bug

Quote from: Tuyu on February 10, 2013, 03:06:36 AM
Little yellow lizards everywhere, and being treated as harmless. Probably a mistake, right?

Thinking Jurassic Park, are we? Like those little frilled spitting ones? Well...as long as they are not antagonized....cute little fellas though.

Quote from: Amber Williams on February 10, 2013, 11:51:11 AM
In regards to DMFA continuity, I had put Kejta (the interestingly coloured horned gal) and Minnigan (the four armed fella) as Mythos.  Where as Strype and Cooper are beings.

Awesome, so I was mostly right! I figured the four armed dude was Mythos, but he has horns so that threw me off. Either way, all of them look awesome, and I love the backgrounds on this page. The Volcano oozing blue...mana...looks so badass.

So now that that is cleared up, who thinks they will survive the whole backstory or go the way of the Red-Shirt?

Boy. I took you out of this world and put you back into it. Don't make me try to repeat step one. -Kria

Sunblink

Oh my god, that mask on the front page is gorgeous. I'm so excited for this backstory that it's ridiculous.

NykVerien

Yay Strype! Also, cool start to the story so far.

Nino

Quote from: Sunblink on February 10, 2013, 02:04:27 PM
Oh my god, that mask on the front page is gorgeous. I'm so excited for this backstory that it's ridiculous.

I agree - the art on that is really stunning.

Rakaydos

When I saw strype, All I could think was "Either he's got a set of "golem" armor somewhere, or he's going to get ahold of one of Jir's prototypes.

Tuyu

A mask that elaborate must have some mysteriousmawwiagepurpose, don't you think?

AAAAH! SUBLIMINAL FAIL! :D

icarus

Quote from: Zebra Bug on February 10, 2013, 12:57:14 PM

Thinking Jurassic Park, are we? Like those little frilled spitting ones? Well...as long as they are not antagonized....cute little fellas though.

EXCUSE ME SIR WE ARE NOT LITTLE
WE ARE A PROUD RACE KNOWN AS THE DILOPHOSAURUS

kellyn: it's like being a secret agent, outside we look perfectly normal. no giant metal faces or tattooed eyes or mohawks. BUT. SECRETLY. DRAWING RAINBOW MONSTERS AND ROOOOLE PLAAAAAYING oh the shame oh the humanity, and man i know so many more cool people now wtf is that

ChaosMageX

Quote from: Nino on February 10, 2013, 07:47:38 PM
Quote from: Sunblink on February 10, 2013, 02:04:27 PM

I agree - the art on that is really stunning.

I also agree that mask came out rather well.  I wonder if it really is a ceremonial mask for some ritual or celebration or some major life event.

The four cameos came out really well too, judging by this image I just found of the last panel without dialog:

Icon by Sunblink

Zebra Bug

It really is impressive, the proportions of the Mythos Armadillo-cat looking dude with four arms (Minnigan I think?) is very good...I've tried to draw a four armed character once, it did not turn out very well. And I just love the tiger's expression...he looks like he's contemplating eating it....or just wondering how the heck it suddenly appeared on his hand.
Quote from: icarus on February 13, 2013, 07:31:04 AM
Quote from: Zebra Bug on February 10, 2013, 12:57:14 PM

EXCUSE ME SIR WE ARE NOT LITTLE
WE ARE A PROUD RACE KNOWN AS THE DILOPHOSAURUS

Oh, excuse me, sir. I apologize for demeaning your obviously not little and cute stature. It will not happen again.  :mowtongue

mithril

Quote from: RobbieThe1st on February 10, 2013, 12:46:50 AM
I'm sorry for this, but if you look at the bottom of the page:
"Strype, Kejta, Cooper, Minnigan (C) their respective owners". Which is which should be easy enough to determine(along with basic general info)

That being said, how they fit into the DMFA universe -- that's the interesting part.

i'm curious as to whether Amber will be 'translating' the cybernetic legs of Strype's 'Sona into something more suited to Furrae. it could be interesting to see some sort of magic equivalents. we haven't seen his legs yet in the comic, so can only speculate. :)

KV1NN4

Quote from: mithril on February 22, 2013, 03:56:40 AM

i'm curious as to whether Amber will be 'translating' the cybernetic legs of Strype's 'Sona into something more suited to Furrae. it could be interesting to see some sort of magic equivalents. we haven't seen his legs yet in the comic, so can only speculate. :)

In regards to how Amber will depict Strype's legs in Furrae:my money is on 'covered in pants'.

~K. *: )