28/12/12 [DMFA #1364] - Blind in the mind

Started by Tapewolf, December 28, 2012, 05:42:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tapewolf

Pyroduck seems to be overcompensating for the loss of his ability to predict things.  Either he should come clean or calm down before people suspect.  In any case it's likely someone realised he was calling the oracles up and might be interested in what they told him.

As for Abel, I was looking at his earlier form around the 500-600 era and he had massively more spots then.  Having him with none for a while might not be a bad thing.  I remember that when I removed them for image restoration practice, he didn't look all that different without them...

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Lying Foo

Itsuwari, osore, kyoshoku, urei - samazama wa negative ni torawareru hodo yowaku wa nai, kodoku mo shiranu Trickster.

MT Hazard

I know DMFA is manga based but is Jyrras looking *More* Manga recently? Perhaps his lack of glasses makes his eyes more noticeable.
Grammar and I Don't always get on.

Link of the moment:  Sleepless domain (web comic) 

llearch n'n'daCorna

Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

icarus

Quote from: Tapewolf on December 28, 2012, 05:42:26 AM
As for Abel, I was looking at his earlier form around the 500-600 era and he had massively more spots then.  Having him with none for a while might not be a bad thing.  I remember that when I removed them for image restoration practice, he didn't look all that different without them...

i think that's more a case of 'these 38349234234 spots look AWESOME on the drawing board! ....wait, i have to draw this character a million times for the next several years. D'OH. okay let's gradually tone back the spots...'

as long as the six on his face and eight on his shoulders stay put, the rest can kinda be phoned in :v i do a similar thing with a character with like nine million scars.

kellyn: it's like being a secret agent, outside we look perfectly normal. no giant metal faces or tattooed eyes or mohawks. BUT. SECRETLY. DRAWING RAINBOW MONSTERS AND ROOOOLE PLAAAAAYING oh the shame oh the humanity, and man i know so many more cool people now wtf is that

Tapewolf

Quote from: icarus on December 28, 2012, 09:13:18 AM
i think that's more a case of 'these 38349234234 spots look AWESOME on the drawing board! ....wait, i have to draw this character a million times for the next several years. D'OH. okay let's gradually tone back the spots...'
Oh, indeed.  I think he looks better with the more sparse design, actually.

Quoteas long as the six on his face and eight on his shoulders stay put, the rest can kinda be phoned in :v i do a similar thing with a character with like nine million scars.

This is the bane of my life:  http://www.project-future.org/Keaton_ColourRef.png  [warning, barbie-doll naked]

icarus

kellyn: it's like being a secret agent, outside we look perfectly normal. no giant metal faces or tattooed eyes or mohawks. BUT. SECRETLY. DRAWING RAINBOW MONSTERS AND ROOOOLE PLAAAAAYING oh the shame oh the humanity, and man i know so many more cool people now wtf is that

Eboreg

Quote from: Amber Williams on October 29, 2012, 05:55:06 PM
I expect if flamethrowers exist, Matilda would be tempted to install one into her shower.

YawnPB

Keatons markings look abit like a flame style, which sounds cool the first few times you draw it.  Till you have to figure out how they'll look in various positions, and getting the perspective right.  Then it's BLARGH long sleave shirt and pants for you missy.

I was wondering if the less amount of spots was co-relating to his lessening his defences around the crew.  Loosening up and letting people be his friends again.  Though it's more likely that less spots mean less hand cramps, which equal more comics hehe.

Lurkus Wallflowerus

Tapewolf

Quote from: YawnPB on December 29, 2012, 12:05:20 AM
Keatons markings look abit like a flame style, which sounds cool the first few times you draw it.  Till you have to figure out how they'll look in various positions, and getting the perspective right.  Then it's BLARGH long sleave shirt and pants for you missy.

QuoteI was wondering if the less amount of spots was co-relating to his lessening his defences around the crew.  Loosening up and letting people be his friends again.  Though it's more likely that less spots mean less hand cramps, which equal more comics hehe.

"There are nine spots which always stay the same, they're on his cheeks."
"But there are only six on his cheeks."
"You've only seen two of his cheeks."
--overheard at Anthrocon

joshofspam

So Abel probably still has spots unpainted then.

That is unless Mab put in more attention then what could be seen :erk....No matter, that's going to be one long shower or bath to get the paint off anyway.

I'd say Ducky has plenty of reason to be concerned. Besides losing an important safety net, all the facts point to something that might be potentially hostile to all involved at the inn and not everyone is a powerful fay or dragon that can fall back on their natural abilities to protect themselves.

Indeed, Ducky probably keeps a majority of his defensis down just to stay in his Being form for Alexsi.
I perfer my spam cooked on a skillet.

D'ymkarra

Quote from: Tapewolf on December 29, 2012, 03:05:15 PM
Quote from: YawnPB on December 29, 2012, 12:05:20 AM

Wow Tape..I like that look :)

QuoteI was wondering if the less amount of spots was co-relating to his lessening his defences around the crew.  Loosening up and letting people be his friends again.  Though it's more likely that less spots mean less hand cramps, which equal more comicps hehe.

"There are nine spots which always stay the same, they're on his cheeks."
"But there are only six on his cheeks."
"You've only seen two of his cheeks."
--overheard at Anthrocon

This has me wondering if Jyrras has seen the other three spots, if only accidentally ('why did his clothes vanish when he passed out?')..
'It'd be such an honour, to be personally smacked upside the head by the artist herself' - Bjalf