Who Wants to Be a Super Hero?

Started by thegayhare, August 25, 2006, 05:43:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thegayhare

So how many folks watch this show?

personaly I think it's a blast.,  although the pacing has been pretty quick, doing 2 eleminations a show.   

For those that don't know Who wants to be a superhero is a reality tv show on scifi channel hosted by Stan Lee

It started off with 12 people chosen from the hundreds who had auditioned there superhero charactors.  the 12 then compeated in tasks designed to test there fitness to be a super hero.   Each task they try is pretty straight forward but there is almost always a twist to what stan is looking for.  All the hero's are compeating for a chance to have there charactor headlining in there own darkhorse comic book.

and the final ep is coming up with just two heros left...

Feedback  who has video game dirived powers, and Fat Momma who can grow to five times her size when angery.

In the prevous ep they introduced comic book covers for the tree remaining heros  Fat momma's was deffinitly the coolest, major victory's looked too much like superman, and Feedbacks was kinda plain

Amber Williams

I love you TGH...but I'm going to say now that it is really really really annoying when I hear people talk about this show and yet never seem to have a link to an official site, or someplace I can just see some of the things people are talking about.  You're now the fourth person to reference this show and I still don't have any clue about it other than that it exists.

thegayhare

Eeeep

sowwy Ms Amber...

truthfully I'd never even thought of looking for a website till you posted...

here is the scifi channels website for the show

superhero

Netami

Super heroes do so much work. I'd rather just be a super villain and make my henchmen do all the work.

Maybe next they'll do a "Who wants to be a super villain?" contest.

Oh wait--They already have The Apprentice.

Shadrok

Quote from: thegayhare on August 25, 2006, 05:43:51 PM
major victory's looked too much like superman

I thought the same thing when I saw it as for Fat Mama's comic cover something about the face made me think they made her look too much like a Klingon.

thegayhare

well stan recruited one of the shows eliminated heros to play the villian

I'm almost certain he was a plant

Edit  I read about fat momma's super powers on the site and added them above

Rowne

It's depressing that there wasn't any variation from the superhero stereotype though.  No constructs, xenomorphs or men in gigantic mechs anywhere in sight.  Good ol' Grant Morrison keeps teaching the comic scene about originality and why it's good but they always forget.

That said, it looks like a truly hilarious show and I hope they air it in Britain so I can watch all these odd American people acting like superheroes.

GabrielsThoughts

parts of the show seem staged ... extremely staged. not that I doubt what they showed us actually happened, just that they re-filmed and hevily edited most of the diolouge.
   clickity click click click. Quote in personal text is from Walter Bishop of Fringe.

Rowne

I haven't seen it myself but this doesn't surprise me in the least, considering the nature of the show.

thegayhare

most so called reality shows are fairly scripted and edited so that there seems like thers more tension then there is.

I'm pretty sure the challenges themself are unscripted,  the lead up to them I'm posotive is scripted, and some of the other stuff as well

Zedd

I kinda have my money set on feedback..If I rember last chalange Fat Momma wasnt being serious

lucas marcone

thegayhare

well it's time the season Finale is tonight

And if you haven't seen the season they are reairing the entire season starting at 4pm leading up to the finale at 9

all on scifi channel

insanekaosx

course its on thursdays, when i'm out playing D&D >>
IT looked like a cool show, but i never got the chance to watch

Shadrok

currently watching the last show and all I can say is...
Chicken man :laugh

ElectroMotive

Xuzaf D

Yep. Feedback is the winner. I wonder if this means he can shoot fireballs now.

thegayhare

Bugger I wanted fat momma to win

I hope they atleast let her keep her cover

so feebacks going to get a sci fi channel movie too eh

Boog

Funny show, funny show. Yeah, Fat Momma should have won, though I still think they shouldn't have eliminated Creature.

Zedd

Well creature had a big skeleton in her closet

Boog

She had a messy room. Hell, Spider Man has a messy room.

Castle Pokemetroid

thegayhare

actualy it was feedback with the messy room

Creature was a litter bug tossing thins out a hotel window into the fountain up front.  Also stan busted her for jay walking.

Zedd

Indeed so no superhero may be perfect after all  :)