22/06/2012 [DMFA #1317] Wildy knows best

Started by VAE, June 22, 2012, 03:58:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

VAE

Hmm, seems she's got a solid idea what tends to result from Jyrras doing DIY - if he actually went through, I'd expect there to be a deathray somewhere.
Also, not much of a surprise for Abel, I guess - cubi can read minds, and looking at her grin, the contents of her package must be streamed across her mind in bold font.
What i cannot create, i do not understand. - Richard P. Feynman
This is DMFA. Where major species don't understand clothing. So innuendo is overlooked for nuendo. .
Saphroneth

Plotting

Why does not one let Jyrrus build these kind of things? I could use an automated self sorting bookshelf. And what mother/father would not want an automated baby changing table to do all the dirty work for them?

Of course they would all have built in laminators, but you get that.

And I don't think Jyrrus would bother with deathrays - doomsday devices at least! That'll really freak out the Creature Council!

Also, I find it extremely disturbing that Wildy is the voice of reason in this picture...

Nino

Hand-knit scarves, calendar, and a cd chock full of comic commentary?  :ipod

Can't WAIT for these items.

The mixed drink book sounds super cool too, in a completely unexpected way :eager

Also I love Abel's last line in the comic today.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Plotting on June 22, 2012, 04:47:51 AM
Why does not one let Jyrrus build these kind of things? I could use an automated self sorting bookshelf. And what mother/father would not want an automated baby changing table to do all the dirty work for them?

Well for one, I'd guess Abel enjoys sorting the books himself...

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Tylor

Sure, why bother with deathrays. Anything Jyrras made can be weaponized. Especially laminators.

Plotting

Quote from: Tapewolf on June 22, 2012, 06:19:38 AM

Well for one, I'd guess Abel enjoys sorting the books himself...

Tapewolf! How dare you undermine me with what seems to be a very reasonable hypothesis.  :P

Nocturne of Night

Wait, Amber didn't get sick? The fates must really be conspiring against Abel here!

LionHeart

I suspect that what Abel "always wanted for the last fifteen seconds" is to not have a gift created by Jyrras.
"3x2(9yz)4a!"

"We demand rigidly defined areas of doubt and uncertainty!"

I'm on deviantART.
Also FurAffinity

Ignuus66

Quote from: LionHeart on June 22, 2012, 08:31:51 AM
I suspect that what Abel "always wanted for the last fifteen seconds" is to not have a gift created by Jyrras.
Hey, I'd imagine he would like an autolocking door that locks whenever he presses a button attached to a remote. With a laminator attached of course.

(credit: Gabi)

EJade

Hate to be the one to point it out, but that should be you're welcome instead of your in the last panel.

e_voyager

Quote from: LionHeart on June 22, 2012, 08:31:51 AM
I agree just hearing Jyarrs describing that gift Ideal probably scared Able and hearing that Widly stopped him made him grateful hense it was a gift.
I thank Silver Fox and Tiger_T for the wonderful Yappies.  all around the universe powers learned to hiss and curse at this, my creation but am i real or pure creation?
 I'm never where i was, rarely where i want to be, but always were i am needed.
 this world is not my own. but some how i wish that i could belong. Blame It On Boxey

TacticalError

Quote from: EJade on June 22, 2012, 09:45:21 AM
Hate to be the one to point it out, but that should be you're welcome instead of your in the last panel.

Yes, I noticed that, but I wasn't going to post it. The rest of the internet seems to think thier's there's no difference...

Ignuus66

Quote from: TacticalError on June 22, 2012, 12:43:23 PM

Yes, I noticed that, but I wasn't going to post it. The rest of the internet seems to think thier's there's no difference...
Meh, most people tend to skim past these problems, I guess brains have a "autocorrect" system  :P

e_voyager

Quote from: Ignuus66 on June 22, 2012, 01:29:02 PM
Quote from: TacticalError on June 22, 2012, 12:43:23 PM

Meh, most people tend to skim past these problems, I guess brains have a "autocorrect" system  :P

that really helps in the communication area when you spell as badly as i do.
I thank Silver Fox and Tiger_T for the wonderful Yappies.  all around the universe powers learned to hiss and curse at this, my creation but am i real or pure creation?
 I'm never where i was, rarely where i want to be, but always were i am needed.
 this world is not my own. but some how i wish that i could belong. Blame It On Boxey

Mao

In the future, please remember the rules concerning corrections:  They're to be PM'd to Mab directly, rather than posted here in the thread.  This is mostly because it means she's more likely to see and therefore fix the problem and prevents what will eventually be an obsolete post in a thread. ^^

TacticalError

Quote from: Mao Laoren on June 22, 2012, 03:39:31 PM

In the future, please remember the rules concerning corrections:  They're to be PM'd to Mab directly, rather than posted here in the thread.  This is mostly because it means she's more likely to see and therefore fix the problem and prevents what will eventually be an obsolete post in a thread. ^^

Which it appears to be now! That was fixed pretty quickly.

Lurkie

Of course they would all have built in laminators, but you get that.

I would love to have a bookshelf like that!  Especially if it were the entrance to a pocket universe that held all of my books.  (I have rooms filled with books.)  And laminators always come in handy.  A re-gluing function would be nice, too.  Too many paperbacks these days have covers that fall off and pages that fall out after one reading.  :-(

Also, I find it extremely disturbing that Wildy is the voice of reason in this picture...

Wildy-san as the Only Sane Man -- er, Ferret?  Yeah, that's disturbing, all right.  (*shudder*)
|  Space   ||   Space  ||  It's Hard  ||  A Place  ||  Burma  |
|  is Big  ||  is Dark ||   to Find   ||  to Park  ||  Shave  |

Mrs_A_ZeTavia

Jyrras' face in the last panel is absolutely adorable! :love3

Me personally, I think gifts that are made by hand are always the most meaningful; whether successful, unsuccessful or include laminators. :tongue
Not that there's anything wrong with store bought gifts either, of course. I'm just saying.

I think while Jyrras' handmade gifts are meaningful and thoughtful, he needs some work on the 'execution' part of them being successful. :mowwink

EDIT: I noticed I missed a word, my apologies. :animesweat

Ignuus66

I think "The Thought only counts if someone actually does the thinking" is something Jyrras should learn :P

Shachza

:grin   bwahahaha!

The whole birthday gift setup is one of the funniest things I've seen Amber draw.  I love it!

Reminds me of a local DJ's "best father's day" gift.  He forgot to get one, and his father thanked him for leaving him alone on father's day, and not making him get up early.
            <-- #1 that is!