Maintaining health at cons

Started by TikiTDO, June 15, 2012, 12:13:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TikiTDO

I felt it necessary to point out that when around a large group of people with a tendency to get sick, one of the best ways to ensure it does not happen is to eat and sleep well. While obviously the sleep is not very compatible with the limited time for drawing, consistent and healthy food (And probably a pretty healthy extra dose of vitamin C in the morning) is worth the 30-60 minutes it would take to obtain it. In the end you will work a lot more effectively, which should make up for the lost time.

In fact to save time, effort, and money, I suggest:
1. Packing a cooler with sandwiches, fruits, juice, and energy drinks
2. Plan a definite schedule for meals (Setting an alarm if you have a tendency to forget)
3. Follow the plan religiously

This is likely to result to a much more pleasant post-con week.

llearch n'n'daCorna

I dunno, I reckon I'm going to have a fairly pleasant post-con week anyway. ;-]
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

justacritic

Taking only vitamin C is well and all, but don't neglect the other vitamins and minerals. They also have health and immune benefits too.

KiloFoxx

wow i've been to several cons and never followed that or got sick...

seriously, my first con i survived off a single apple per day for about 4 days... stayed all day, never ran outta energy... the dances were fun too ^^

Stig Hemmer

Best of luck on your Black Death dodging.

I would add some advice, but I'm sure you have heard it all before. :rolleyes
Stig Hemmer, at your disservice.

Brunhidden

investing in a camel pack may be a good idea

id suggest filling it with something like iced tea, keep your throat going, a little vitamin c, mild amount of caffeine
Some will fall in love with life,
and drink it from a fountain;
that is pouring like an avalanche,
coming down the mountain.

Ignuus66

Wait... Swedish fish?
does that mean.. she eats surströmming?  :P

(credit: Gabi)

Mao

Ignuus66

oh. that's somewhat different, we don't have that kind of candy where I live. I was joking about  surströmming, Its the second most disgusting food on earth. Seriously, some people throw up from the smell alone.

Naldru

In Friday's rant, Amber said that bringing an artist suffering in the dealer's room would get a smile.  I brought a soft drink and a bottled water and found that her table was starting to overflow with bottles of bottled water.  I have a picture that I'll probably post when I get organized.

I've been very lucky in avoiding con crud.  I thought I might have a case at the end, but it turned out to be an allergy attack.  I think the main factor is that I don't stay up till all hours.  (It's been twelve years since I was last able to party like it was 1999.)
Learn to laugh at yourself, and you will never be without a source of amusement.

Brunhidden

Quote from: Ignuus66 on June 18, 2012, 12:26:27 PM
oh. that's somewhat different, we don't have that kind of candy where I live. I was joking about  surströmming, Its the second most disgusting food on earth. Seriously, some people throw up from the smell alone.

oh ye of little imagination

its on par with the century egg or head cheese

lets say nothing of burried shark, Casu Marzu the illegal (maggot filled) cheese or its shockingly numerous knockoffs, bat soup, Lutefisk (dont ask, just dont), tiger testicle soup, Milbenkäse (cheese given flavor by mite infestation), jellied moose nose, or poutine

Ignuus66

Quote from: Brunhidden on June 18, 2012, 11:55:37 PM
oh ye of little imagination

its on par with the century egg or head cheese

lets say nothing of burried shark, Casu Marzu the illegal (maggot filled) cheese or its shockingly numerous knockoffs, bat soup, Lutefisk (dont ask, just dont), tiger testicle soup, Milbenkäse (cheese given flavor by mite infestation), jellied moose nose, or poutine
I knew of the buried shark, but not of the rest.

Anyhow, here's me hoping amber will come back plague free!

Brunhidden

you didnt know about the soup?

this soup?

i assure you, its delicious :kruger

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Naldru on June 18, 2012, 09:17:45 PM
In Friday's rant, Amber said that bringing an artist suffering in the dealer's room would get a smile.  I brought a soft drink and a bottled water and found that her table was starting to overflow with bottles of bottled water.  I have a picture that I'll probably post when I get organized.

I had nothing to do with that, honest! I wasn't even there!

Brunhidden

is it possible to get a canister of carbonated water and soft drink syrup combined into a backpack- with a bartender style spray aperture.

thus you could have the beverage ninja, who appears to stealthily dispense lemon lime justice to those in need

Naldru

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on June 23, 2012, 09:29:12 AM
Quote from: Naldru on June 18, 2012, 09:17:45 PM
In Friday's rant, Amber said that bringing an artist suffering in the dealer's room would get a smile.  I brought a soft drink and a bottled water and found that her table was starting to overflow with bottles of bottled water.  I have a picture that I'll probably post when I get organized.

I had nothing to do with that, honest! I wasn't even there!
If you wish to successfully deny something in one forum, you should be careful what you say about it in other forums.

I think boxy is being foxy.

With regard to Brunhidden's idea for a beverage ninja, I fear that such a device would be too easily weaponized into a super-soaker water cannon.
Learn to laugh at yourself, and you will never be without a source of amusement.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Brunhidden

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on June 30, 2012, 05:22:28 AM
Quote from: Naldru on June 24, 2012, 08:54:11 PM
If you wish to successfully deny something in one forum, you should be careful what you say about it in other forums.

The key word there is "successfully".

i deny having sexual relations with a viking dragon

i deny the accusations that i hang out with demonmage zedd

i deny having attended pampered chef parties

i deny the accusations of timmy jenkins that i was under his bed on the night of february the ninth

i deny any association with the 'furries' i keep hearing about

justacritic

Quote from: Brunhidden on June 30, 2012, 10:17:08 AM
Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on June 30, 2012, 05:22:28 AM
Quote from: Naldru on June 24, 2012, 08:54:11 PM

The key word there is "successfully".

i deny having sexual relations with a viking dragon

i deny the accusations that i hang out with demonmage zedd

i deny having attended pampered chef parties

i deny the accusations of timmy jenkins that i was under his bed on the night of february the ninth

i deny any association with the 'furries' i keep hearing about
Your denials are denied due to improper paperwork