08/06/2012 [DMFA# 1315] - Nobody's going to space, mate!

Started by Tapewolf, June 08, 2012, 03:44:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tapewolf

Great, now Mab will come back to find the entire inn slaughtered in an attempt to find Dan and Aary.
Also, it's interesting to note that Fa'Lina's globe in 424 depicts a world with three or four moons...

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

SolarWings

That is interesting indeed. Clever title by the way Tape.
o3o Iunno.

Plotting

Amber sure has been spoiling us with the sheer amount of recent updates lately. If she is not careful people might start expecting constant updates.  :mwaha

I like Mabs overly complex plan to get a cake just so Abel does not have to cook his own birthday cake. It is just such a Fae/Mab thing.

Tylor

Ignuus66

As far as I know the moon is made of cheese, so mab will be going for a cheesecake.... With crackers!

I'm a blasphemer then! I make a cake, and my mother makes a cake.
I just love baking, seriously, it is a great and very relaxing hobby, but still the best hobby In my opinion is blowing things up, or setting things on fire. (with proper precations of course)

Quote from: Tapewolf on June 08, 2012, 03:44:03 AMAary.Also, it's interesting to note that Fa'Lina's globe in 424 depicts a world with three or four moons...
Can you link it? I can't find it.

(credit: Gabi)

Tapewolf

Quote from: Ignuus66 on June 08, 2012, 08:33:22 AM
Quote from: Tapewolf on June 08, 2012, 03:44:03 AMAary.Also, it's interesting to note that Fa'Lina's globe in 424 depicts a world with three or four moons...
Can you link it? I can't find it.

It was actually 425, I was in a hurry this morning:

http://missmab.com/Comics/Vol_425.php

justacritic

Jyrras broiled his cake? and it turned out into a black lump? I wonder if that's even possible.
On the other hand Pyroduck in the fifth panel looks like an otter now or maybe a ferret...
Also I like being able to finally see some full body panels to compare height differences.  

Plotting

Quote from: justacritic on June 08, 2012, 08:43:13 AM
Jyrras broiled his cake? and it turned out into a black lump? I wonder if that's even possible.

If by broil Jyrras mean exposure to direct, intense heat then yes. But most people would normally broil meat or fish, not cakes. I guess Jyrras is not most people  :P

Alondro

Mab is taking Pyroduck to the moon, eh?

Say Pyro, do you like... mmmmmm... bananas?   >:3

They can hang with Woona.
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

FairWage22

Is it me or does it look like Mab is doing the "I'm gonna out-grump you, Mister Grumpypants!" method of birthday cheer for Abel's birthday?
For decades I viewed myself as a 'wageslave', captive to whims of others and not realizing that by Naming myself that I *defined* myself.

Now many years older and wiser, I am trying to be the change  I want to see.

Aubri

"...ON THE MOOOOOOOOOOOOOON! BEEE-YOTCH!"

Dang it, Alondro beat me to the punch.  ^_^

Brunhidden

Also I like being able to finally see some full body panels to compare height differences.  

most of us were politely choosing not to mention that jyrras is crotch height to the average person

well i hope the mooninites have a good bakery, mab may come back with party guests or find out that a dragons one weakness is a lack of oxygen
Some will fall in love with life,
and drink it from a fountain;
that is pouring like an avalanche,
coming down the mountain.

e_voyager

i'm sure dragons can hold their breaths for a long time
I thank Silver Fox and Tiger_T for the wonderful Yappies.  all around the universe powers learned to hiss and curse at this, my creation but am i real or pure creation?
 I'm never where i was, rarely where i want to be, but always were i am needed.
 this world is not my own. but some how i wish that i could belong. Blame It On Boxey

TacticalError

Quote from: e_voyager on June 08, 2012, 12:42:40 PM
i'm sure dragons can hold their breaths for a long time

If not, I'm sure there's a spell for that.

[Edit a few seconds later] Just to check, is the title from Portal 2? Or have I missed the reference completely? :/

Tapewolf

Quote from: TacticalError on June 08, 2012, 02:40:57 PM
[Edit a few seconds later] Just to check, is the title from Portal 2? Or have I missed the reference completely? :/

It was either that or 'We like the moon'  :B

bradley535

Gabi

I make my own cake too. That's how I attract people to my birthday party. ;)

Poor Pyroduck. I wonder what Mab is really planning to do with him.
~~ Gabi a.k.a. Gliynn Starseed, APF ~~
Thanks to Silver for the yappities, and to everyone for being so great!
(12:28:12) llearch: Gabi is equal-opportunity friendly

joshofspam

Doesn't seem rather smart taking Ducky to hunt for cake on the moon.

Though we also have those serial murderers to worry bout. She has mentioned before that two of her friends will die. Is she looking inti the future or is it more likely she's sacrificing two of the to win whatever game she's playing at?

Still...Silly Mab! You get cheese from the moon! >:3
I perfer my spam cooked on a skillet.

Tapewolf

Quote from: joshofspam on June 08, 2012, 05:33:54 PM
Though we also have those serial murderers to worry bout. She has mentioned before that two of her friends will die. Is she looking inti the future or is it more likely she's sacrificing two of the to win whatever game she's playing at?

Part of that was that Jyrras had to survive long enough to develop more advanced weapons, hence the elaborate schemes to ensure his protection.

AmigaDragon

I just love baking, seriously, it is a great and very relaxing hobby, but still the best hobby In my opinion is blowing things up, or setting things on fire. (with proper precations of course)
Jy Jy didn't get it hot enough to blow up.  :mowtongue

Quote from: justacritic on June 08, 2012, 08:43:13 AMOn the other hand Pyroduck in the fifth panel looks like an otter now or maybe a ferret...
Ducky is too tall to be a ferret.
"Cogito, ergo es. I think, therefore you is." Ray D. Tutto (King of the Moon) to Baron Munschaussen

ishidan

Quote from: Brunhidden on June 08, 2012, 11:55:46 AM

most of us were politely choosing not to mention that jyrras is crotch height to the average person

"choosing not to mention"?  It was exploited for laughs when a normal-height visitor dropped in on a sleep-deprived-loony Jyrras.

ishidan

As far as I know the moon is made of cheese, so mab will be going for a cheesecake....

Gee thanks.

Now you've got us all thinking about Mab Cheesecake.

...I mean, if her brownies are nightmare inducing, just imagine how bad this could be!

lilpuppy23

Spacesomuchspacegattaseeitall *excited gasps*

In all seriousness, though, today's update is hilarious. I really like Pyroduck's clueless expression. :)

Nocturne of Night

Possibly with a combination of Oven Logic and a well-placed (pronounced "close to the heating rod") cake.

Ignuus66

Quote from: lilpuppy23 on June 09, 2012, 12:51:43 AM
Spacesomuchspacegattaseeitall *excited gasps*
:U SPAAAAAAACE

Now you're thinking with portals?

Also this whole 4 moons thing makes we wonder what the Solar system is. I think we can safely (due to the color of the vegetation) say that is a Sun-like star, and since the day/night cycles seem normal we can also presume it's a single star.  The moons from #425 seem to be individually smaller than our moon, I'd estimate that the average size of them is the size of charon (pluto's moon)

Also due to the abundance of moons, I'd say that either they are captured Moons, which means that the solar system has had quite a turbulent past, and there are probably fewer Inner planets than our solar system, or that each is from an asteroid collision, which means that there is a very big Asteroid belt, and/or A Gas giant is hurling asteroids from the oort cloud.

(credit: Gabi)

Ravenscroft

two of the moons are fae hangouts, made by and for fae. lol :)

One has a coffee shop, they make cakes too  :P

Pyroduck is needed because a dragon is likely to survive the taste testing of space fae cake muahaha
Oh wow! Uh Yeah Sorry about that turns out I'm quite, quite mad. I'm terribly sorry about the inconvenience of it all. Personally I'm as scared as all of you must be. But on the Plus side I'm not dangerous! Just not to be taken personally.

Tylor

Life of a dragon in cubi's company is full of peril.

Also, I think it's a cover up for Mab to do some conspiracy thing with Pyro.