Hello! I'm new and feeling unoriginal. Come say hi anyway!

Started by TacticalError, May 24, 2012, 01:11:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TacticalError

...because I feel unoriginal today. Oh well, probably better than trying some joke that doesn't work.

Anyway, after lurking around for a while, I've decided to join The Clockwork Mansion and actually post stuff. So yeah. Hi everyone!

Ignuus66

We welcome you, oh great visitor!

jokes aside, welcome to the forums, i hope you'll enjoy it. Just... beware of the Mows...

(credit: Gabi)

TacticalError

I'll remember to look out for the mows...

Mao

Ugh.  Boring thread title for an introduction thread.  I'm going to go spice it up a little...

Edit:  Ahhh, that's a bit better. |3

Ignuus66

That's... somewhat rude  :/

You should spice it up some more!  >:3

Mao

How is it rude to to point out that his original thread title of 'hello' (which I believe we tell people not to do) is boring, and then to have a bit of fun spicing it up by putting in *exactly* what he says himself?

Added Note:  See rule VI, section A, subsection 1 for the thread title bit.

Ignuus66

-snipped for stupid post-

Mao

Quote from: Ignuus66 on May 25, 2012, 09:29:23 AM

Oh, feel free.  No need to essentially delete your post (something we frown on).  :3

Ignuus66

You can delete posts? I have not found the button for it yet...  :erk

Mao

Quote from: Ignuus66 on May 25, 2012, 04:28:45 PM
You can delete posts? I have not found the button for it yet...  :erk

.. that was the point.  You're not allowed to delete posts (though we, the mods, can)  Blanking out a post is essentially deleting it, but spammier.  Don't do that.  If you say something stupid, own up to it.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Yeah. Owning up to being stupid is likely to garner you more credit than simply sweeping it under the mat and hoping nobody noticed. ;-]

Hiya, TacticalError! Welcome to the forum! Make sure you read the rules, they're there for a reason, and have a pleasant day.
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Brunhidden

i suddenly feel the need to find an award to give for honesty so honest its brutal

Some will fall in love with life,
and drink it from a fountain;
that is pouring like an avalanche,
coming down the mountain.

VAE

Why is that an award for honesty, rather than anything else?
I'd suggest an award for honesty to be new pants - since those who are honest tend to have a bare arse ,so to speak.
What i cannot create, i do not understand. - Richard P. Feynman
This is DMFA. Where major species don't understand clothing. So innuendo is overlooked for nuendo. .
Saphroneth

Sofox

Quote from: Mao Laoren on May 25, 2012, 11:47:08 AM
Quote from: Ignuus66 on May 25, 2012, 09:29:23 AM

Oh, feel free.  No need to essentially delete your post (something we frown on).  :3

Welcome to the Clockwork Mansion forums TacticalError, where you can read and obay all 5,667 words of the rules and still end up doing something that is disaproved of.

Mao

Ignuus66

Brunhidden

Quote from: Ignuus66 on June 27, 2012, 05:47:12 PM
wot? I don't get whats going on here now.

someones glutes have an IQ of higher then 120?

Sofox

Quote from: Mao Laoren on June 27, 2012, 04:51:32 PM
Really now, Sofox?

Well it is true isn't it?

Anyway, this isn't the place to be discussing it.

Mao

You're kind of the one who brought it up and made the snide comment in public.  If you don't want to discuss it in public, maybe you shouldn't do that.  Either way, if you have a particular issue with something the moderators are doing feel free to take it up with them or, if you're not sure that will resolve anything, one of their peers.  If that doesn't work for you, feel free to look at other alternatives.

Sofox

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Sofox on June 27, 2012, 01:13:18 PM
Welcome to the Clockwork Mansion forums TacticalError, where you can read and obay all 5,667 words of the rules and still end up doing something that is disaproved of.

... like, say, posting in an old thread after 25 days with something that is non-relevant.

Oh, wait. That's in the rules, too.

Brunhidden

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on June 28, 2012, 09:17:25 AM

i dare anyone to not hear the voice of the shield carrying guards from labrynth when they heard that.

Sofox

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on June 28, 2012, 09:17:25 AM
Quote from: Sofox on June 27, 2012, 01:13:18 PM

... like, say, posting in an old thread after 25 days with something that is non-relevant.

Apologies, I genuinely didn't notice the date discrepancy. This was something like the second highest non-sticked post in this thread and I missed it.

llearch n'n'daCorna