5/7/2012 [DMFA #1306] - Spectator Sports

Started by SolarWings, May 07, 2012, 07:09:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SolarWings

Grass growing! The most devious of sports, I'm interested to see how it could possibly end in bear traps.
o3o Iunno.

Viaxeiro

joshofspam

Quote from: DoctorSolarWings on May 07, 2012, 07:09:26 AM
Grass growing! The most devious of sports, I'm interested to see how it could possibly end in bear traps.

It is interesting if true, in one hour, Mab managed to get her tail covered in traps.
I perfer my spam cooked on a skillet.

justacritic

I wonder what would happen if Abel joined that competition, after all didn't he take a semester in grass growing?

Mrs_A_ZeTavia

Quote from: justacritic on May 07, 2012, 08:23:05 AM
I wonder what would happen if Abel joined that competition, after all didn't he take a semester in grass growing?

Yes, he did. He also mentions that it's very therapeutic. :3

Ignuus66

Love the facial expressions in the last panel!

Very.... Fae-ish

I'm wondering if there is a medal for winning the contest  :U

(credit: Gabi)

Ravenscroft

I bet Mab's tail is a non-standard defluffing mechanism for the fae world, lol

And I think I'm going into a sugar coma after staring into those eyes
Oh wow! Uh Yeah Sorry about that turns out I'm quite, quite mad. I'm terribly sorry about the inconvenience of it all. Personally I'm as scared as all of you must be. But on the Plus side I'm not dangerous! Just not to be taken personally.

Surzsha

Quote from: Ravenscroft on May 07, 2012, 11:31:11 AM
... I think I'm going into a sugar coma after staring into those eyes.

You and me both. X_X

Ignuus66

(credit: Gabi)

Angel

...Is it me, or have Mab's antenna-bobs gotten bigger?
The Real Myth of Sisyphus:
The itsy-bitsy spider went up the water spout,
Down came the rain and washed the spider out.
Out came the sun and dried up all the rain,
And the itsy-bitsy spider went up the spout again...
BANDWAGON JUMP!

SolarWings

Quote from: Black_angel on May 07, 2012, 09:10:29 PM

No, they're just round as opposed to the little twinkling star things that they used to be. Amber seems to have just changed how she draws them.
o3o Iunno.

James StarRunner

That was my first thought too. Then I started to wonder who the instructor was. We definately have a world of dedicated grass growers!

joshofspam

Has anyone noticed the progressive smile Mab has on her face each panel as the grass grows?

James StarRunner

Quote from: joshofspam on May 08, 2012, 01:21:40 AM
Has anyone noticed the progressive smile Mab has on her face each panel as the grass grows?
I assume others have since I did, and I tend to miss a lot.

Silverling

Are the little antennae sparkles forever gone now?

That would make me sad, 'cause I liked the antennae sparkles. ):

VAE

I friggin' love Mab's facial expressions in this one.

Bloody well done Ambargh.
What i cannot create, i do not understand. - Richard P. Feynman
This is DMFA. Where major species don't understand clothing. So innuendo is overlooked for nuendo. .
Saphroneth

psilorder

Gotta say that every time Rose is involved i can't help but view Mab the same age as my own mother (about 50) and sometimes Rose as about 10.
Which gives her celebration a bit of a different tone.

Rabid Mollusk

Quote from: Silverling on May 08, 2012, 04:09:13 AM

I believe the reason behind the Fae changes in appearance is thanks to a new queen.

If I recall correctly every Fae Queen must create a new law, most of the time something about fashion, Mab for example is the one responsible for the gems in the Faes foreheads and Nutmeg the one responsible for non-fluffly tail.

It is possible that the Queen created a law about this new antennas. Changes of appearance seems to be pretty casual in the Fae world.
-

Azlan

I would have loved to hear the play-by-play that was seeded throughout the competition.  I do wonder about the other participants that were weeded out of the final round, were they as fertile as last year or were they just over-grown parts of the bush league?
"Ha ha! The fun has been doubled!"

James StarRunner

Quote from: Azlan on May 09, 2012, 02:49:17 AM
I would have loved to hear the play-by-play that was seeded throughout the competition.  I do wonder about the other participants that were weeded out of the final round, were they as fertile as last year or were they just over-grown parts of the bush league?
Methinks you're sprouting nonsense again Az-man. Those seedy puns haven't escaped my sight! I think those watered down jokes just soiled my brain, I'll have to trim this from my memory.

Plotting

Quote from: Rabid Mollusk on May 08, 2012, 12:25:49 PM

Quote from: Silverling on May 08, 2012, 04:09:13 AM

I believe the reason behind the Fae changes in appearance is thanks to a new queen.

I think it is just another slight change in art style. Perhaps not as dramatic a change as seen in the earlier chapters of DMFA, but a simple change none the less.

And I wonder if the grass Mab has grown will have any unusual powers, like being able to break the blades of secateurs with sheer awesomeness and/or ebilness? I mean, it was grown by a Fae, who knows what effects that might have on the grass...

SquirrelWizard

Update Status: Zombified

<Tezkat> Talking to yourself is a sign of impending mental collapse.
<SquirrelWizard> I talk to myself all the time, and I'm the sanest guy I know.

<TotalBiscuit> Upgrades! Upgrades! Upgrades! Its wacky-waving-inflatable-arm waving... nuclear missile... well, suppose that works...

ChaosMageX

Quote from: Mrs_A_ZeTavia on May 07, 2012, 09:16:43 AM

I'm actually inclined to believe Abel there, given how much I enjoyed growing wheat grass.  I'm just sad I never got to try eating or drinking it.

Icon by Sunblink

justacritic

Quote from: ChaosMageX on May 09, 2012, 11:08:10 AM
Quote from: Mrs_A_ZeTavia on May 07, 2012, 09:16:43 AM

I'm actually inclined to believe Abel there, given how much I enjoyed growing wheat grass.  I'm just sad I never got to try eating or drinking it.
Plants are nice, they normally don't give you deep seated emotional and psychological problems unlike a certain cubi father we know

Turnsky

Dragons, it's what's for dinner... with gravy and potatoes, YUM!
Sparta? no, you should've taken that right at albuquerque..

ChaosMageX

Quote from: SquirrelWizard on May 09, 2012, 08:56:57 AM
And up next...

Drying Paint!

Hey, watching paint dry can be more exciting than you think:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=37gBRVkCR_o (NSFW?)

Icon by Sunblink

joshofspam

Quote from: James StarRunner on May 08, 2012, 03:44:49 AM
Quote from: joshofspam on May 08, 2012, 01:21:40 AM
I assume others have since I did, and I tend to miss a lot.

Not to mention the increase in the twinkle in her eyes as you go from panel to panel. I git to admit, Amber really put a lot of detail of Mab watching grass go.

I think this is an awesome page.

entropicage

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: James StarRunner on May 09, 2012, 03:44:51 AM
Methinks you're sprouting nonsense again Az-man. Those seedy puns haven't escaped my sight! I think those watered down jokes just soiled my brain, I'll have to trim this from my memory.

I believe you're branching out, there. What with all the puns, though, I think I just want to be a lawn.
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears