5/5/2012 [DMFA #1305] - Earrings, Indeed

Started by Inumo, May 05, 2012, 01:10:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Inumo

It seems our ever intrepid faerie has been on her own adventures. I suppose it's much easier to clear a room of traps if they don't exactly have an effect on you...

Arcblade

I look at those traps and wince, imagining them snapping shut.  SNAP SNAP SNAP- AIIIEEEE. 

Ahem.  Anyway.  Is it just me, or is Mab drawn a bit differently this comic?  Especially in panel 2.  Something about the antenna, face shape, maybe the hair too?  My brain doesn't handle visual detail well, so I'm not good about pinning these things down.  

LionHeart

It's not just you. She does look a bit different.

Of course, as a Fae, she can probably look any way she wants to... :mowwink
"3x2(9yz)4a!"

"We demand rigidly defined areas of doubt and uncertainty!"

I'm on deviantART.
Also FurAffinity

InsanityRequiem

Poor traps! They're in a very compromising position there, snapped on Mab's uber-fluffy tail! And Alexis has such a lovely face in that last panel. Looking all devilish.

Quote from: Arcblade on May 05, 2012, 01:45:35 AMAhem.  Anyway.  Is it just me, or is Mab drawn a bit differently this comic?  Especially in panel 2.  Something about the antenna, face shape, maybe the hair too?  My brain doesn't handle visual detail well, so I'm not good about pinning these things down.  

Actually I've noticed it too. I'm thinking it's part Mab's positioning. It also seems like there's a different... art style in it. Is Amber's art style shifting again? Definitely more shiny on Alexis's and Mab's fur.
Who is the sanest of us all? Why, the insane of course!

James StarRunner

Plotting

Just what was Mab up to to get bear traps on her tail? And how did she come up with the explination that they were earings?

Mabs mind is a very unusual place it would seem.

justacritic

Are we sure that this is the current Mab? I mean her speech pattern seems to have changed slightly, and her face seems younger.

Ignuus66

I'm guessing she decided to hug all to many things  ;) .

But yeah, It really seems like MAb's different..

(credit: Gabi)

joshofspam

Oh boy, I don't necessarily like the looks of that.

Murderers on the loose and Mab's tail full of traps can't be a good sign.

Though one can appreciate the the conversation these two have with one another. Must be very interesting for a brother and sister to have a fae as a childhood friend. :)
I perfer my spam cooked on a skillet.

SolarWings

It's nice seeing Mab after such a long while. I wonder what she's been up to...  :U
o3o Iunno.

BirdmanGA

I noticed Mab's change in looks as well, the balls on her antenna are a new addition as well as the face shapes, it's almost as if she's someone disguised as Mab.  :paranoid

DataDroid

I suppose this makes me a real nerd, but did anyone else notice that Mab's tail is threaded through the bear traps?  Her tail goes through the traps perpendicular to the spring bar and jaws.   If it were caught, it would be parallel to the spring bar and jaws.

James StarRunner

Oh! Well welcome to the forums DataDroid! Yeah, I noticed that too. But this is also Mab we're talking about. She lived in a glen with a smiling sun. Things don't have to make sense with her. :B

e_voyager

wait doesn't iron and steel hurt Fae or is that a different mythology?
who wants to wager that that is some other Fae pretending to be Mab to look for some one or some thing?
I thank Silver Fox and Tiger_T for the wonderful Yappies.  all around the universe powers learned to hiss and curse at this, my creation but am i real or pure creation?
 I'm never where i was, rarely where i want to be, but always were i am needed.
 this world is not my own. but some how i wish that i could belong. Blame It On Boxey

Tapewolf

Quote from: e_voyager on May 06, 2012, 02:20:41 PM
wait doesn't iron and steel hurt Fae or is that a different mythology?

Not in DMFA, no.  They're basically in god mode.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E