1/5/2012 [DMFA #1304] A nice relaxing bath - not

Started by Naldru, May 01, 2012, 05:43:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Naldru

Learn to laugh at yourself, and you will never be without a source of amusement.

justacritic

I think taking nice relaxing baths was her hobby. Poor Alexsi I think the stress of the inn is getting to her. Hope Pyroduck does something to help lighten her load. Also Alexsi if you're doing fish make sure it's fresh or you'll have to deal with the fishy smell all day

joshofspam

Quote from: Naldru on May 01, 2012, 05:43:28 AM
Alexsi needs to get a nice relaxing hobby.

I thought her hobby was using her hammer on rowdy customers or ones that try to skip out on their tabs? :)

Running a business is just full of things you have to deal with. Seeing how we only see her and Abel working here, it's obvious that she has to divide her thinking with working. I'd assume at least there must be quite a bit of magic that helps with that though.
I perfer my spam cooked on a skillet.

Ignuus66

I also think this somehow mirrors Amber's current mood, considering her last update was ranting about so many things she needs to do!
Good luck getting them done! :woot

(credit: Gabi)

littlekreen

Quote from: justacritic on May 01, 2012, 07:55:17 AM
I think taking nice relaxing baths was her hobby. Poor Alexsi I think the stress of the inn is getting to her. Hope Pyroduck does something to help lighten her load. Also Alexsi if you're doing fish make sure it's fresh or you'll have to deal with the fishy smell all day
That's what kids are for. Slave labor!

Viking ZX

I've done this a few times. Kicked back to relax for a bit, only to start thinking about all I still have to do, and how I'm going to do it, and when... :mowdizzy

The only save I have now is that I have people who do stuff for me, which means I can at least put off done things until I have the stuff they bring me. Maybe Alexi needs to delegate more.
I'm an author! Check out my site!

MT Hazard

I understand the whole 'quiet moment causes thoughts to invade your head'  problem, generally happens to me when I'm trying to get to sleep.
Grammar and I Don't always get on.

Link of the moment:  Sleepless domain (web comic) 

llearch n'n'daCorna

And here I thought the whole idea of a relaxing bath was so you could organise your thoughts better, giving you the ability to plan what you're going to do out of your insanely large list.

Or is that just me who does that?
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Ignuus66

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on May 02, 2012, 04:05:20 AM
And here I thought the whole idea of a relaxing bath was so you could organise your thoughts better, giving you the ability to plan what you're going to do out of your insanely large list.

It's just you.
I have "I remembered that I have stuff to do" problems while trying to relax too.

Plotting

Personally, my mind is hyperactive no matter what I am doing  :mowtongue

On a more serious note, how she decided to handle things if people ask about Dan will be a rather important decision to make. While I have to agree that she really should mention something about Dan being an Incubus, the issues that would be raised by mentioning such a thing would probably out way any benefits.

I wonder what Dan would want her to do?

And Alexi seems to be quite the amateur detective if she has several leads regarding her mother and father.

Arcblade

Quote from: Ignuus66 on May 02, 2012, 04:09:08 AM
Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on May 02, 2012, 04:05:20 AM

It's just you.
I have "I remembered that I have stuff to do" problems while trying to relax too.

Personally, I think I've forgotten how to have a nice relaxing bath.  It wasn't an option in college, and then there never seems to be enough time.  I think I'd probably just fall asleep or pull an Alexsi if I tried it now. 

littlekreen

You know I remember reading in scientific american in some folks with insomnia calling an pestering stream of disquieting thoughts is from an overactive frontal lobe. I don't recall if they thoroughly tested it but they mentioned keeping the forehead cooler helped alleviate some of the hyperactivity. I wonder if by the same reason a hot bath would make things worse while relaxing?

Ignuus66

Quote from: littlekreen on May 02, 2012, 04:08:18 PM
You know I remember reading in scientific american in some folks with insomnia calling an pestering stream of disquieting thoughts is from an overactive frontal lobe. I don't recall if they thoroughly tested it but they mentioned keeping the forehead cooler helped alleviate some of the hyperactivity. I wonder if by the same reason a hot bath would make things worse while relaxing?
Somehow, I don't really think that has proven science behind it, (it just works) it's not like your brain can overheat (without external help, and I'd imagine that would be past the boiling point of water...) 

Also it is tried and true that any sort of water (that is not in the extremes) can relax after you body acclimates to the temperature. (I'm not talking about freezing arctic water of scalding tea-water)

Oh great, now I need to read romantically apacolyptic again...

littlekreen

Found the article Though 12 people does not make a very good sample even with the results they said it got.

Ted Schiller

Mrs. Williams, at Condition: Blue, will you have a Royal Staff Of Power for whacking whomever you feel like whacking?

With regards,
Ted

Turnsky

Quote from: Ted Schiller on May 04, 2012, 12:35:38 AM
Mrs. Williams, at Condition: Blue, will you have a Royal Staff Of Power for whacking whomever you feel like whacking?

With regards,
Ted

she might just throw her husband at people, you never know.  :P

Dragons, it's what's for dinner... with gravy and potatoes, YUM!
Sparta? no, you should've taken that right at albuquerque..

James StarRunner

Quote from: Turnsky on May 04, 2012, 06:30:40 AM
she might just throw her husband at people, you never know.  :P
I wouldn't put it past her. I swear I've been swung around by my wife. :B

It seems the only night Alexi had her mind off work was when she... well... had sharing time with Pyroduck.

Infranscia

So how come Dan and Abel don't like a little spray from a spray bottle, but Alexi likes soaking herself?
Please excuse the watermarked avatar.  I haven't bothered to fix it yet.  (Still, thanks to PetFriendAmy for the original pic!)

Arcblade

For the same reason dogs don't like you blowing in their face (even if your breath is fine), but they do like sticking their heads out the window.