20/04/2012 [DMFA #1302] - Off A'venturing We Shall Go

Started by Sienna Maiu - M T, April 20, 2012, 05:39:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sienna Maiu - M T

So, this totally deserved me logging in for;

Wildy actually goes out Adventuring?!? :O  (that or she has a sister with the same skill set.. >.>)

Beyond that, I find the current upload's mix of uber-shading with the clean, simple base-colours quite awesome.
Gotta love those magic effects~ <3
   Avatar by me. Signature image made from a picture by shadows-play on dA (circa 2007-2008).      :deadhorse
my art thread

BabylonRanger

A very similar sister she doesn't seem to have ever mentioned.

Or yeah, that's just Wildy being a shaman-adventurer-crime-fighter!

Naldru

Another possibility is that Wildy is writing another novel.
Learn to laugh at yourself, and you will never be without a source of amusement.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Naldru on April 20, 2012, 05:59:09 AM

Sadly, I think it's more like:

Talliopa was the first.  The list is long.
--Dirac Angestun Gesept

EDIT:  Though one thing that I am kind of intrigued by is whether the bereaved kid is 'Cubi.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Sienna Maiu - M T

I think that's a fascinating concept! (And Dan's the Incubus and Matilda is the wife... >.>) :P
Mind you, she could even be doing research for her next book as well.

That, or Wildy needs to pay the bills and writing any more books is more likely to end up in law suit...
   Avatar by me. Signature image made from a picture by shadows-play on dA (circa 2007-2008).      :deadhorse
my art thread

justacritic

Mao

I'm picturing this as an episode of CSI:  Lost Lake.

But it looks like the only thing that was lost here.... was a life.

*puts on shades* Yeaaaaaaaah!

Turnsky

in a completely unrelated series, i'll imagine ever scene change with this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-8lDYrvTILc  :P

Dragons, it's what's for dinner... with gravy and potatoes, YUM!
Sparta? no, you should've taken that right at albuquerque..

Plotting

I like the idea of Tev, the bat, not having wings but rather slight skinflap that goes up part of his arms. It's an interesting design idea that you don't see too often with bat characters.

I also think Wildy is right with the perpertrators being mercenaries. Unless of course it was a cult with remarkable patience...you never know!

Tapewolf

Quote from: justacritic on April 20, 2012, 07:57:57 AM
I now fear for our friends in Lost Lake Inn

My mind harks back to this:  http://missmab.com/Comics/Vol_1279.php
Specifically, Fa'Lina's second-to-last line.

Drakkenmensch

I'm not seeing any signs of battle except for the blood from the kill. The incubus knew his killer(s) and let them in.

Ignuus66

To be frank, it's probably a group of Assasins, considering most mercs are not clean (it was mentioned that nothing was stolen or destroyed, and to be frank most mercs would steal things) Also notice that there is no mention of other wounds than the head cut off (though amber might have taken that out to keep inside the already strained PG-13 rating) Meaning that it was a "clean" kill.
Though assasins COULD be counted as mercs, but they could easily have been agents of the group behind the hit.

On another note I think this page displays the status of Furre much more realistically than comics before.

Quote from: Tapewolf on April 20, 2012, 08:37:12 AM
Quote from: justacritic on April 20, 2012, 07:57:57 AM
I now fear for our friends in Lost Lake Inn

My mind harks back to this:  http://missmab.com/Comics/Vol_1279.php
Specifically, Fa'Lina's second-to-last line.

To be fair, anyone who wants to attack an Inn where a dragon, a cubi, and worst of all, a Ferret and an Alexsi lives is suicidal.
Quote from: Drakkenmensch on April 20, 2012, 08:44:02 AM
I'm not seeing any signs of battle except for the blood from the kill. The incubus knew his killer(s) and let them in.
As I said, it might have been a group of assasins, and they could easily pick the lock.

(credit: Gabi)

Tapewolf

Quote from: Ignuus66 on April 20, 2012, 08:47:41 AM
To be fair, anyone who wants to attack an Inn where a dragon, a cubi, and worst of all, a Ferret and an Alexsi lives is suicidal.

No, the other line.  The one where she says she's having people investigate Talliopa's murder.

Ignuus66

Quote from: Tapewolf on April 20, 2012, 09:08:18 AM
No, the other line.  The one where she says she's having people investigate Talliopa's murder.
oh, that? I don't think Alexsi or any other lost lake inhabitant  really knows anything about 'Cubi relations and the dragon war. (other than Abel, and he is hard to approach, and AFAIK there doesn't seem to be any relation between Talliopa and Abel for an outsider, and even for people who know everything, he doesn't really even know her, he just has the same information as her)

Also thanks tapewolf for cleaning up.

Sofox

killpurakat

I'll go ahead and add in my two cents, since I'm surprised nobody has brought this up yet.

Here's the comics I feel are very relavent to what seems to be mercenaries killing off Cubi.
http://www.missmab.com/Comics/Vol_707.php
http://www.missmab.com/Comics/Vol_711.php
http://www.missmab.com/Comics/Vol_1053.php
http://www.missmab.com/Comics/Vol_1097.php

Although you'd hope that one of the first things taught to adventurers (or anyone really) is, "When a Fae's involved and/or friends with someone, forget whatever you were doing and run away!" Case in point: Dan's formidible by himself, but throw Mab in...

justacritic

However Mab herself has admitted that even in a best case scenario, two individuals that she has befriended will end up dead.

entropicage

Tezkat

Quote from: Sienna Maiu - M T on April 20, 2012, 06:14:30 AM
That, or Wildy needs to pay the bills and writing any more books is more likely to end up in law suit...

Heh. Burning through the proceeds from her first novel this quickly would require some kind of Michael Jackson spending spree... :dface

It's really cool that Wildy has a new day job though. A bored ferret is a dangerous ferret... >:]

Quote from: Plotting on April 20, 2012, 08:11:09 AM
I like the idea of Tev, the bat, not having wings but rather slight skinflap that goes up part of his arms. It's an interesting design idea that you don't see too often with bat characters.

It seems to be the theme for Being characters based on flying mammals/birds. Since actual back wings are the domain of Creature races, they go the wing-based arms route.

Quote from: Ignuus66 on April 20, 2012, 08:47:41 AM
To be frank, it's probably a group of Assasins, considering most mercs are not clean (it was mentioned that nothing was stolen or destroyed, and to be frank most mercs would steal things) Also notice that there is no mention of other wounds than the head cut off (though amber might have taken that out to keep inside the already strained PG-13 rating) Meaning that it was a "clean" kill.
Though assasins COULD be counted as mercs, but they could easily have been agents of the group behind the hit.

Assuming Cale hasn't moved much in this scene, there's blood spatter on opposite ends of the room (the wall, the couch, and the bit on the floors behind him). Either the Incubus in question wandered around headless for a bit, or it wasn't quite as clean a kill as you're suggesting.

Quote from: Drakkenmensch on April 20, 2012, 08:44:02 AM
As I said, it might have been a group of assasins, and they could easily pick the lock.

Or you know... having a nasty habit being able to teleport, and such. :animesweat

The same thing we do every night, Pinky...

joshofspam

Very interesting how the adventurers here are investigating this murder. They seem far more professional about it then the group just checking in at lost lake. Though just checking something is far less serious then a murder investigation.

Though with the confirmation of it being cubi, I fear that the case might eventually end up in lost lake. Dan's home and currently were Abel sleeps and works in public, it only seems fitting that both the murderers and the adventurers eventually end up there.
I perfer my spam cooked on a skillet.

Alondro

Quote from: Sofox on April 20, 2012, 09:51:25 AM
Just to be clear: have they ruled out suicide?

This reminds the of a quote from "The Lazer Collection 3".

"You sure it was murder?"

"His chest was ripped open from the inside!  You think he did that on his own?"
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

Silverling

So is this going to be like Castle only with Widly?

ChaosMageX

Unless the victim possessed a very powerful (likely enchanted) cutting weapon, the possibility of that would be rather slim, considering the amount of force it takes to slice completely through the neck.
It might depend on how clean the cut is and whether the head was severed in one blow or many.

Icon by Sunblink

littlekreen

I don't see how it would be achievable to cut your own head off with a hand-held weapon. The position severely limits leverage and attaching from either side results in death mid-stroke. Once you got to the jugular and carotid the loss of blood pressure would make it extremely unlikely to generate enough force, regardless of personal strength, to continue unaided through the spine. You could do it with a badly designed hangman's noose I suppose as the proper noose was expressly designed not to have the chance to rip the head off but it won't look clean. Even a heavy axe wouldn't work in the distance you could hold it above you. Gravity wouldn't apply enough force to get all the way through and you wouldn't have the leverage to apply much more.

Tezkat

Quote from: ChaosMageX on April 20, 2012, 01:25:26 PM

Unless the victim possessed a very powerful (likely enchanted) cutting weapon, the possibility of that would be rather slim, considering the amount of force it takes to slice completely through the neck.
It might depend on how clean the cut is and whether the head was severed in one blow or many.

Cubi have built in access to weapons that can easily slice through flesh and bone, even of a Creature. An adult Incubus would be perfectly capable of decapitating himself, should he so wish...

Turnsky

or it could've been one of Kish'ta's lot looking for a new suit.  >:3

Dragons, it's what's for dinner... with gravy and potatoes, YUM!
Sparta? no, you should've taken that right at albuquerque..

Ignuus66

Quote from: Tezkat on April 20, 2012, 01:42:07 PM
Quote from: ChaosMageX on April 20, 2012, 01:25:26 PM

Cubi have built in access to weapons that can easily slice through flesh and bone, even of a Creature. An adult Incubus would be perfectly capable of decapitating himself, should he so wish...

Don't forget that he said "another case" thus meaning that this wasn't the only cubi murder, plus unless he sliced his own head off with his tentacles there would be the case of the weapon used to kill himself.
Also as it was said before, there may be multiple blood splatters, which would contradict suicide.

Also I really like the magic effects of wildy's magic, but I'm wondering what she's casting....

ChaosMageX

Quote from: Turnsky on April 20, 2012, 01:52:23 PM
or it could've been one of Kish'ta's lot looking for a new suit.  >:3

Yeah, it probably was Kish'Ta clan members that made the Furrae equivalent of The Hills Have Eyes or whatever other horror movie I'm getting it mixed up with.

Icon by Sunblink

Tezkat

Quote from: Ignuus66 on April 20, 2012, 02:10:00 PM
Don't forget that he said "another case" thus meaning that this wasn't the only cubi murder, plus unless he sliced his own head off with his tentacles there would be the case of the weapon used to kill himself.

Food for thought... given the ease with which a Cubi could presumably off themselves, can one even rule a suicide as a suicide without additional information? After all, with mind and/or body controlling magic--or even the simple application of threats to themselves or loved ones--it's not outside the realm of possibility to use victims as their own murder weapons... >:]

Ignuus66

Quote from: Tezkat on April 20, 2012, 02:20:56 PM
Quote from: Ignuus66 on April 20, 2012, 02:10:00 PM

Food for thought... given the ease with which a Cubi could presumably off themselves, can one even rule a suicide as a suicide without additional information? After all, with mind and/or body controlling magic--or even the simple application of threats to themselves or loved ones--it's not outside the realm of possibility to use victims as their own murder weapons... >:]

To be frank, Id' believe the wife would tell if he was somehow not the best off, plus as I said, you can't dismiss the fact that there are blood splatters everywhere, plus as he said "we have another case" meaning there are more murders in a way that is similar to this one. Also i'd think an Emo cubi wouldn't wait untill his wife leaves, don't forget they act mostly on impulse, and plus this group seems to be made of professionals, thus they would be able to recognize this.

Also I'm assuming if it was suicide the wife wouldn't call for detectives to learn more.... she'd know it was suicide...