Started by Ignuus66, April 11, 2012, 06:48:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ignuus66

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VzpRh-ZE9Mo

Seriously who invented these?

Watch the video, it's awsome.

(credit: Gabi)

Turnsky

Dragons, it's what's for dinner... with gravy and potatoes, YUM!
Sparta? no, you should've taken that right at albuquerque..

VAE

Quote from: Turnsky on April 12, 2012, 04:20:57 AM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Entrenching_tool

since year dot, really.

Um, regular field shovels don't have a straight blade, a saw, a joint mechanism acting as wire cutters, bottle and can openers and whatever more.
What i cannot create, i do not understand. - Richard P. Feynman
This is DMFA. Where major species don't understand clothing. So innuendo is overlooked for nuendo. .
Saphroneth

Turnsky

Quote from: VAE on April 12, 2012, 04:53:09 AM

since year dot, really.

Um, regular field shovels don't have a straight blade, a saw, a joint mechanism acting as wire cutters, bottle and can openers and whatever more.

still an entrenching tool by any other name.

Dragons, it's what's for dinner... with gravy and potatoes, YUM!
Sparta? no, you should've taken that right at albuquerque..

VAE

Quote from: Turnsky on April 12, 2012, 05:48:07 AM
Quote from: VAE on April 12, 2012, 04:53:09 AM

since year dot, really.

still an entrenching tool by any other name.

Well, it still is a field shovel, but rather more awesome , which is the point of the video.
What i cannot create, i do not understand. - Richard P. Feynman
This is DMFA. Where major species don't understand clothing. So innuendo is overlooked for nuendo. .
Saphroneth

Ignuus66

But really, I wonder if they will ever be publically sold, because if so, I'll get one 100%.

Seriously, this would be a blast if you ever go camping or get stranded anywhere.

(credit: Gabi)

Valynth

This is new?  We've had the exact some entrenching tools since the Vietnam war, but we stopped producing them en mass due to the fact that entrenching is a useless tactic in modern war.  They still live on as camping supplies though.
The fate of the world always rests in the hands of an idiot.  You should start treating me better.
Chant for something good and it may happen
Chant for something bad and it will happen
C.O.D.:  Chronic high speed lead poisoning  (etch that on my grave)

Viaxeiro

Reminds me of our entrenching tool the British army use

ShadesFox

Does it have a bayonet lug? The British one from WWII had a bayonet lug so that people could participate in bayonet charges even if their gun broke.

And that thing has to way 20 lbs.
The All Purpose Fox

Alondro

Quote from: ShadesFox on April 13, 2012, 08:05:49 AM
Does it have a bayonet lug? The British one from WWII had a bayonet lug so that people could participate in bayonet charges even if their gun broke.

And that thing has to way 20 lbs.

I used to have an entrenching tool like yours, but then I took a bayonet to the knee...

Somebody had to do it.   >:3
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

Sienna Maiu - M T

I agree, that is one awesome shovel.

the most amusing would definitely have to be "sheild" I laughed.
Because, you never know when somebody's going to attack you in your car at a toll-booth.

While given its uses it would have to be very sturdily built, given some of its uses, it can't be exceptionally heavy either.

I would guess that this shovel runs in the $100 range.

Note; better with the sound off.
   Avatar by me. Signature image made from a picture by shadows-play on dA (circa 2007-2008).      :deadhorse
my art thread

Qilby

One time I sharped the edge of a plastic fork so as to better cut my pizza, because obviously using a knife to cut pizza is heresy. Needless to warn, don't ever do that. The edge stays sharp even when you put it in your mouth and pull out.

So don't eat with these shovels.

Also pizza can be picked up and eaten. This, too, is a novel invention.

Lashen

Where is the iPod jack? I need to listen to this song to enhance my overall experience/proficiency.

mits

You've brought up a very sore topic for me. This thread should have stayed dead... the memories of my fallen shovel comrades should not be mocked like this. United we spade!

Okay, everyone out of the gene pool.

llearch n'n'daCorna

You appear to have not read Rule V, Section B, as you appear to be in breach. This despite clicking on a form that stated that yes, you read all of the rules as recently as yesterday.

Pay attention, I will say this only once. DO NOT NECRO THREADS. If nobody has said anything in more than a month - or, in this case, more than 7(!) months, you really do not need to add to the thread. In terms of the content you've seen fit to provide - you really didn't need to add to the thread, even if it had been all of ten minutes old.

Sheesh. Be aware, your right to post here ends when you annoy the mods. You're annoying the mods. Stop it.
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears