2012/02/07 [TANP #9] Trouble on the Horizon

Started by justacritic, February 07, 2012, 08:32:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

justacritic

...Really Tapewolf a bandit showing unhealthy interest in Page's looks, and a bear at that? Oh well that what Page gets for looking a lot like a bishe.

Tapewolf

This is one of the bits which reminds me of Abel's Story a little too much.  However, that's largely superficial and is actually a nod to something else entirely.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Sofox

The rules when it comes to robbers is pretty strict:
If they go in, get exactly what they want, and get out immediately, they may have a chance to survive.
If any member of the gang tries to get more for themselves that wasn't planned, espeically if it's sexual in nature and double so if one of his friends urges him not to do it; then that gang member, and possibly all his friends, will be utterly screwed.

Surzsha

Uh oh, looks like we've got some wacky antics coming our way. :B

nguard

I wonder how much of a combat monster page is at this age?  I know angels in this universe are supposed to be tough and hard to kill, but how much of this capability is learned, and how much is instinctive? 
I think Mr. Bear has yet to run into a combat-capable creature.  The other bandit looks to have at least something of a survival instinct, or at least has learned something from past experience.

And what's up with everybody giving up all their moneys to bandits at the drop of a hat?  If that bag is all of Paige's worldly wealth, i would think he would at least give something of a fight over it. How else is he going to buy food at wherever his destination is?

Surzsha

Quote from: nguard on February 07, 2012, 06:06:22 PM
And what's up with everybody giving up all their moneys to bandits at the drop of a hat?  If that bag is all of Paige's worldly wealth, i would think he would at least give something of a fight over it. How else is he going to buy food at wherever his destination is?

Well despite that it's been two days since the parent death incident he might still be trying to figure out what to do now that he's alone with little to no chance of finding a good place to live (seeing that people are still wary of the wings). Dropping his loot for the bandits seems to me like he's not in the mood for any confrontations at the moment.

Now if nothing bad had happened to his parents to begin with and he was just walking down the road on an errand/job, then maybe I could see him taking up the usual fight-or-flight response and not give a single penny to those bandits.

llearch n'n'daCorna

If it was me wandering about, I'd have a bag with the stuff I didn't care too much about, and the money and suchlike would be secreted elsewhere upon my person.

Just saying...
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Sofox

You could just throw the money in one direction, and run in the other. I hear that technique works in real life, though don't hold me responsible if you try it.

Ignuus66

Quote from: Sofox on February 08, 2012, 12:25:09 PM
You could just throw the money in one direction, and run in the other. I hear that technique works in real life, though don't hold me responsible if you try it.
ehh I guess that one bandit will go after you, the other will go for the loot, if they trust each other that is....

(credit: Gabi)

Gabi

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on February 08, 2012, 03:39:22 AM
If it was me wandering about, I'd have a bag with the stuff I didn't care too much about, and the money and suchlike would be secreted elsewhere upon my person.

Just saying...
Same here.
~~ Gabi a.k.a. Gliynn Starseed, APF ~~
Thanks to Silver for the yappities, and to everyone for being so great!
(12:28:12) llearch: Gabi is equal-opportunity friendly

Tapewolf

Strictly speaking, the money is stolen anyway.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E