01/16/2012 [DMFA #1278] - Mink goes Spelunking.

Started by Turnsky, January 15, 2012, 11:45:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

justacritic

Ross

Ah, Mink, paranoid and as fast as a squirrel on caffeine.

I think that the clan meeting is not going to go smoothly....

Ignuus66

(credit: Gabi)

Greyman

Quote from: Turnsky on January 15, 2012, 11:45:27 PM
also, pies. what flavor could they have been?
They were revenge flavoured.  Hence the phrase:

"Vengeance is a dish best served piping hot with a light, flakey pastry and tomato sauce."

:mowcookie

KV1NN4

Prroul

Quote from: Greyman on January 16, 2012, 05:40:51 PM

"Vengeance is a dish best served piping hot with a light, flakey pastry and tomato sauce."

No, no no...

Serve it with a side of fava beans... and a nice Chiante.

Honestly, kids these days... no manners, and absolutely lacking in epicurean taste. Why, they're hardly worth bothering with anymore. If it weren't for their manners, I'd have sworn them off years ago.

Chakat Blackspots

I'd say that Mink is in quite the comfortable place there in Fa'Lina bosom.

TheAuldGrump

That... is very much octopus behavior - I had a teacher that had a loverly photograph of the time an octopus hid in his diving mask. His wife took the picture.

He kept another octopus as a pet, strangely friendly, for a cold, wet, squiggly, suckery, just plain nasty feeling critter. He taught it to shake hands....  :erk

The Auld Grump

Hanii Puppy

I'm going to hate myself for posting this, but I can't help it  :<

Sorry :< :U

VAE

Quote from: Tapewolf on January 16, 2012, 03:33:44 AM
Quote from: VAE on January 16, 2012, 02:37:00 AM
These pies, they taste like soylent green.

Soya and lentils.  (And FWIW, no-one could actually afford to buy the stuff anyway, even if it had been made of people)
Soya and lentils.. what a tasteless joke.

As for the comic, if Talliopa has in fact been murdered by Hizell, Piflak is going to have a big problem.  In fact, Piflak pie would be a lot more likely.  For that matter, Piflak vs Destania wouldn't have a certain outcome either.
Well.. we don't know enough to assess Piflak vs. Destania. I bet that computer modelling battles like that will make a very popular TV programme in Furrae one day.
I suspect that if Hizell was involved, Piflak *would* seek help from other clan leaders, or at least powerful Cubi - she isn't an idiot.
Which is probably the whole point of this charade if the perpetrator is really Hizell - tug on both of them in a manner they can't refuse, because he feels strong enough to take the whole lot on - possibly due to having allies on his own.

If , on the other paw, this was someone duplicating Hizell's style, then it might not have anything to do with Destania at all.. simply trying to provoke at least one of his enemies into a battle, then come in in the style of "Where two fight, the third wins" and either mop up the victor, or just quietly reinforce their own positions.
In very, very remote theory, this could even be the work of Destania herself - she wouldn't have a difficulty taking down her unsuspecting friend , and if the plan was well done, could even justify it with a "Sorry , girl, but it's for the greater good of our race." style of thing.

Though I suspect Mink's thought is that she might be after a Dan pie, despite the fact that he doesn't even know who Talliopa is, is under Fa'Lina's protection and that if she did succeed, Piflak would then risk assassination from both Destania and likely Cyra as well.

EDIT: For that matter, honouring Talliopa's memory by murdering people she liked and their line?  That doesn't sound right...

That would be a very, very silly modus operandi.  However, if it was really the kind of plan like shown above, then Piflak would have a legitimate reason to make a replica of Erich Zann violin from Dan's unfortunate body. (Again, bonus points for catching the reference)
What i cannot create, i do not understand. - Richard P. Feynman
This is DMFA. Where major species don't understand clothing. So innuendo is overlooked for nuendo. .
Saphroneth

Tapewolf

Quote from: VAE on January 16, 2012, 11:22:50 PM
That would be a very, very silly modus operandi.  However, if it was really the kind of plan like shown above, then Piflak would have a legitimate reason to make a replica of Erich Zann violin from Dan's unfortunate body. (Again, bonus points for catching the reference)

'The Music of Erich Zann' by HP Lovecraft.  And I suppose Dan being threatened with execution for something he has no knowledge of isn't too far removed from threatening Abel with execution for something he can't prevent...

Anyway.  Something that has occurred to me is that the last murderer was likely a dragon, simply because your normal Being or Creature wouldn't even give you a single rank of pipes, or even a calliope.  On the other hand, a dragon would make a lot of pies.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

VAE

Quote from: Tapewolf on January 17, 2012, 04:11:52 AM
Quote from: VAE on January 16, 2012, 11:22:50 PM

'The Music of Erich Zann' by HP Lovecraft.  And I suppose Dan being threatened with execution for something he has no knowledge of isn't too far removed from threatening Abel with execution for something he can't prevent...

EDIT: Also, agreed. It's the logic of a blood feud - You killed my child, so i'll kill one of yours.

Anyway.  Something that has occurred to me is that the last murderer was likely a dragon, simply because your normal Being or Creature wouldn't even give you a single rank of pipes, or even a calliope.  On the other hand, a dragon would make a lot of pies.

A second valid answer, that - in fact, i thought of the one from Jennifer Morgue by C. Stross.. which is in fact a tribute to H.P. Lovecraft. There it's actually said for the thing to be made of bones of about a dozen people or so.

Hmm, or a forcibly shapeshifted cubi? Makes me wonder whether such thing is even possible, besides, what does happen to a shapeshifted cubi dying?
I'd guess it stays in the new form.
What i cannot create, i do not understand. - Richard P. Feynman
This is DMFA. Where major species don't understand clothing. So innuendo is overlooked for nuendo. .
Saphroneth

Arcblade

Morning: substantially improved.   :mowhappy

So, does Fa'Lina's cleavage officially have hammerspace, then?  There was bulge in Jakob's shirt, after all.  Although it could be argued that most cleavages have a bit of hammerspace. 

Alondro

Quote from: Prroul on January 16, 2012, 08:34:28 PM
Quote from: Greyman on January 16, 2012, 05:40:51 PM

No, no no...

Serve it with a side of fava beans... and a nice Chiante.

Bah! Revenege is a dish best served with pinto beans and muffins!  *Freakazoid for the KO!)
I wonder if Piflak has met Pinkie Pie... they could make wonderful "Cupcakes" together.   :kruger
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

Amber Williams

Ugh. Of all the days to hit one of my pet peeves...

You know, I try to overall be fairly tolerant of things folks like that I don't like.  Twilight, Beiber, Yugioh, various other things.  It's harmless stuff and I'm generally content to just let people have fun.  However...of all the asinine things that has come out of the MLP fandom, I find the whole Cupcakes thing to be the most annoying.  Moreso because it has somehow managed to put itself out from the pile of other mediocre gore/snuff fanfictions and gained a type of notoriety that fans seem to keep shoving forward. 

And frankly I'm sick of it.  I'm sick of hearing about it, I'm sick of the fan reverence to it, and I'm sick of any references to it as it causes me to have to be reminded that such a dumb thing exists.   If folks want to talk about it, that's fine, but I don't want to see it around where I frequent.   From this point on, if I see anyone reference it on my section (Lost Lake Inn) of the forum again, even unwittingly not realizing, I will have them banned from the Lost Lake Inn section.  Folks can babble about their MLP snuff fanfiction off my lawn.  >:[

Tylor

Quote from: Arcblade on January 17, 2012, 07:15:18 AM
So, does Fa'Lina's cleavage officially have hammerspace, then?
Well, hammerspaces are common in this world - see Matilda's belt or toasters. So I think it's pretty possible that Fa'Lina had one there - or just created it at a whim.

Mao

Not that she needs it, but to further what Mab has said:  I'm going to ask that you please be more careful when referencing things that are *not* in the pg/pg-13 classification in this section of the forum, particularly ones as easily searchable as this.  We don't want folks to stumble upon it from here, nor do we want to be associated with it.  The topic was already skirting the pg-13 (albeit due to something said in the comic itself) but it doesn't need to go any further.

Quote from: Tylor on January 17, 2012, 11:21:06 AM
Well, hammerspaces are common in this world - see Matilda's belt or toasters. So I think it's pretty possible that Fa'Lina had one there - or just created it at a whim.

Or Mink shapeshifted.  Since... y'know... he's a cubi and they can do that. :P

Welcome to the forum, btw.  Read the rules, mind the mods and enjoy your stay. :)

Ryy Lazurus

Quote from: Amber Williams on January 17, 2012, 11:16:10 AM

You know, I try to overall be fairly tolerant of things folks like that I don't like.  Twilight, Beiber, Yugioh, various other things.  It's harmless stuff and I'm generally content to just let people have fun.  However...of all the asinine things that has come out of the MLP fandom, I find the whole Cupcakes thing to be the most annoying.  Moreso because it has somehow managed to put itself out from the pile of other mediocre gore/snuff fanfictions and gained a type of notoriety that fans seem to keep shoving forward. 

And frankly I'm sick of it.  I'm sick of hearing about it, I'm sick of the fan reverence to it, and I'm sick of any references to it as it causes me to have to be reminded that such a dumb thing exists.   If folks want to talk about it, that's fine, but I don't want to see it around where I frequent.   From this point on, if I see anyone reference it on my section (Lost Lake Inn) of the forum again, even unwittingly not realizing, I will have them banned from the Lost Lake Inn section.  Folks can babble about their MLP snuff fanfiction off my lawn.  >:[

Thank the Gods I read all the posts before I say anything.
(Moves to different subject)
I knew that the meeting wouldn't just be a simple meet & greet, but I'm now wondering if it will end up as a full on Machiavellian death match. If Piflak does demand Dan's thick head on a shinny platter, wouldn't she face immediate opposition from Taun, Fa'Lina & Jin? I could also see other leaders pushing for or against for a number of reasons (and I include boredom on that list).

justacritic

The Wiku has spoken Long Live the Worm!

My memory must be going but do we know where Destina's clanmark is located?

lilpuppy23

Quote from: justacritic on January 17, 2012, 12:57:20 PM
The Wiku has spoken Long Live the Worm!

My memory must be going but do we know where Destina's clanmark is located?

Once, Destania shape-shifted to look like Biggs, no shirt and all. Since, a cubi' cannot shape-shift their clan mark away, all we know is, Destania's clan mark isn't anywhere on her upper body.

Arcblade

Quote from: Mao Laoren on January 17, 2012, 11:53:38 AM
Quote from: Tylor on January 17, 2012, 11:21:06 AM

Or Mink shapeshifted.  Since... y'know... he's a cubi and they can do that. :P

Conservation of mass?  I always assumed conservation of mass.  But wait, Abel under the bowl of popcorn.  Never mind.  Surprised you didn't use the "Cubi Are Shapeshifters You Moron!" picture.  Kind of you not to, though.  ^__^

techmaster-glitch

Quote from: Arcblade on January 17, 2012, 07:46:19 PM
Conservation of mass?  I always assumed conservation of mass.  But wait, Abel under the bowl of popcorn.  Never mind.  Surprised you didn't use the "Cubi Are Shapeshifters You Moron!" picture.  Kind of you not to, though.  ^__^

Ah, that's the comic I was thinking of. Actually, Amber commented somewhere on that comic that she's not afraid to bend or break rules, or do things that don't make sense, for the sake of a good joke. So, in this case, no one really needs to thint too hard about it. Just stare and enjoy. ;)

Chakat Blackspots

Quote from: Amber Williams on January 17, 2012, 11:16:10 AM

Sounds like a good idea.  There's only so much of MLP one can handle.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: lilpuppy23 on January 17, 2012, 07:33:35 PM
Once, Destania shape-shifted to look like Biggs, no shirt and all. Since, a cubi' cannot shape-shift their clan mark away, all we know is, Destania's clan mark isn't anywhere on her upper body.

... on the side that we could see. As I recall, we didn't see _all_ of her body there - although I could be misremembering that.
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Amber Williams

That or...not to cause too much speculation...Destania knows how to apply brown paint over her clan symbol when going around as Biggs.

Ignuus66

Can you give me the link to the Comic where Destinia is shape shifted to biggs?

Tapewolf

Ignuus66

Quote from: Tapewolf on January 18, 2012, 08:58:46 AM
It starts from here:
http://missmab.com/Comics/Vol_865.php
Thanks.

I've noticed that when cubi shapeshift they still have tails. (when abel shifted under the bowl he kept his tail, and now mink still has ?her? tail sticking out when I presume she shapeshifted to fit.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Ignuus66 on January 18, 2012, 12:29:09 PM
I've noticed that when cubi shapeshift they still have tails. (when abel shifted under the bowl he kept his tail, and now mink still has ?her? tail sticking out when I presume she shapeshifted to fit.

I think that's more so you can tell who it is than for any physical reason.

Alondro

Well, considering Piflak made pies out of the murderers and Mink is implied to have eaten a slice of one, I didn't think a non-explicit reference to a fanon meme in-joke would matter.   :P

But very well then.
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif