[comic] Kipiru's "The New Heroes"- page 4 [updated 03/09/2012]

Started by Kipiru, January 08, 2012, 05:52:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kipiru

This is a refurbish of an old comic I had finished a while back in paper form only. Now I'm inking it and presenting it in grayscale only. The original text was in Bulgarian, so I hope none of the humor is lost as this tends to be a bit on the parody side.

The New Heroes

You will get to know each of them throughout the story :)

Hasstorr and Master Kipiru

Hasstorr is a battle mage and one of the so called Old(Great) Heroes, legendary individuals whose actions in the past have secured the peace of these lands. Master Kipiru is but another form of the allbeing Kipiru Starrider. In this world he is a wise, but mischievous godlike entity that can control human fate. He cannot control events directly if there isn't at least one being involved. Hence he needs Heroes to do what he finds necessary, even if sometimes involuntarily. Hasstorr knows that and has become one of Master Kipiru's most trustworthy agents, though he does not always like it.  

Page 1

Kipiru

and the next 2 pages:

Page 2

Hasstorr is of the Darkling race- think of them as something between elves and vampires. They are highly gifted in the magical arts, live long lives, but are uncomfortable under direct sunlight. That's why they prefer heavy cloaks and hoods.

Page 3

That was it for me trying to write the text by hand. I wanted to keep the drawn feeling as much as I could, but the text was a pain to do and wasn't as readable as I would have preferred. Kroo'gaez is another of the Old(Great) Heroes, a wacky alchemist, that was always deeply stoned by his own potions. As for the dice- Master Kipiru's way of forcing destiny's hand on individuals by binding their fate to the luck of the throw. A sort of homage to the role of the Dungeon Master that Master Kipiru is actually portraying. 

Kipiru