12/01/11 [DMFA #1267] - The Asexuality Question

Started by LoneHowler, December 02, 2011, 03:16:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LoneHowler

Hope I titled it right it's been a while since I started a topic

Well anyway if Abel is Asexual I can relate. I hate having people inquire about it because they Always treat you like you are broken and sex will fix it. Or that you should have a significant other or your life is useless

I'll tell you what I'm a successful lady who owns her own home, I can fix things. I have my own tool box, and yes I know the difference between a Philips and a Robertson screwdriver, between a wrence and a vice grip.

I hope Jyras doesn't mess this up to badly. Right now I'm still miffed at a coworker for asking about my Asexuality and messing it up badly

Mao Edit: Very small typo in the title.  Fixed it for you.  Otherwise, yes, you did it right. :)
llearch edit: You missed the hyphen, Mao. ;-]
llearch edit 2: And I missed the strip number. Doh. Thanks, MT
Yes I know I'm a horrid speller queen of typos but dang it, I'm trying to get better
MY warp aci crappy photoshop I wish I had my tablet working
My Yappty thanks Silver :)
(hmm my sig needs updating. eeeeeh I'll do it later 07/29/06)

Mrs_A_ZeTavia

Looks like Jyrras is going for the drunk approach to courage. :3

RandomMetaphysics

Abel's personality did a complete 180. I have whiplash :mowdizzy

justacritic

In any case this will end up either horribly wrong or hilariously wrong what with Jyrras
taking the liquid courage approach, then again we might find out more than we really want to know  :erk

Grey Wolf

Well, asexual doesn't necessarily mean aromantic. It's possible that Abel would be perfectly willing to have a life partner, but be unwilling to be intimate in that manner.
Granted, if one half of the relationship has a desire for such intimacy and the other doesn't, that has it's own problems.
But, hey, if you're willing to make that compromise, good luck Jy-squeak!
Warning: This forum goer is prone to bouts of logic, and has a dry sense of humor.

justacritic

Then again Jyrras seems to be the type who enjoys the process of just being with the person he cares for and would be content with that, unless he seriously likes getting... dangerous... >:3

Attic Rat

Being drunk means whoever you've offended has a slightly better reason to forgive you, but deliberately becoming drunk while offending someone is an entirely new twist!
Which would you like to be, ignorant or misled?

llearch n'n'daCorna

It's entirely possible that Jyrras just wants to ask for some advice about how to manage his own decisions. But then, that wouldn't be nearly funny enough, would it?
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

joshofspam

It would seem to me that this kind of question might have been asked of Abel before even before Wildy.

If we take Aary's interaction with Abel in the Abel past and current time story arc, then it might be possible this topic has been covered before with Abel even before his meeting with Dan and friends.

Now Jyrras asking a question like this might not go as badly as Wildy for one good reason. Mind games. These obviously do not make Abel a happy camper and Aniz along with Destania played these on him for their own purposes.

Now Abel can be the good sort at times. So he might be totally forgiving as long as he doesn't screw up what he asks and says away from mind games.
I perfer my spam cooked on a skillet.

KV1NN4

Every time i look at Jyrras' bottle i keep getting the feeling hes downing a Smirnoff Ice...i don't even know if thats strong or if they come in little individual bottles like that.Thats all i feel like bringing to the party right now. XP
~K. *: )

Paladin Sheppard

KV1NN4:

Yes it does and quite popular in Western Australia.

psilorder

First of all i'm gonna ask how this topic can be up allready when i can't see comic 1268. (wondered whether it was a typo but seems not since there are ones for both 1266 and 1267.) so i guess this post is subject to deletion upon learning what the others know.  :mowtongue

On Smirnoff Ice, i guess it should also be noted that it isn't much stronger then beer. It was 4,5% last time i was out i think. (don't like the taste of beer thank you very much.)

I guess 1266 got revamped alrleady? (can't remember what it looked like if so.)
Gotta say tho that even when she goes "back to basics" Amber churns out at least as pretty comics as most webbcomic-makers.

Mao

Quote from: psilorder on December 03, 2011, 05:46:24 AM
First of all i'm gonna ask how this topic can be up allready when i can't see comic 1268. (wondered whether it was a typo but seems not since there are ones for both 1266 and 1267.) so i guess this post is subject to deletion upon learning what the others know.

Anytime there's a guest comic this happens.  Best we can do is to just adjust for it.

Ellian

Probably Abel has made a lot of negative experiences whenever this topic came up. Bad luck for Jyrras, though not his fault.
However, we do not yet know if Abel is romantically inclined at all. Some asexuals are, others are not. In Abel's case, of course, the fact that he might well outlive most potential life partners might make him shy away from developing any stronger emotional bond, though, knowing that he will sooner or later lose the person close to his heart.
Just an assumption, of course.

Mao

Quote from: Ellian on December 03, 2011, 04:18:29 PM
we do not yet know if Abel is romantically inclined at all.

Given that Abel described his sexual orientation to Wildy as neither gay/straight/bi/whatever-slang-he-doesn't-know but rather as flat out 'not interested' (which, given the context of the conversation does not imply that he is actually 'asexual')... I'd say it's pretty clear that he's not looking for any sort of relationship.  He's never called himself 'asexual', that was Wildy's doing.  As such, it is just as likely to be an attempt by her to stir up trouble/confusion for her own amusement.

Grey Wolf

Quote from: Mao Laoren on December 03, 2011, 08:18:16 PM
He's never called himself 'asexual', that was Wildy's doing.  As such, it is just as likely to be an attempt by her to stir up trouble/confusion for her own amusement.

In this case, I think Wildy isn't trying to muck things up for Jyrras.
"Not bad Jy. He's cute. A bit silly... but yeah. I'd ship that."
Warning: This forum goer is prone to bouts of logic, and has a dry sense of humor.

MT Hazard

Quote from: LoneHowler on December 02, 2011, 03:16:50 AM
Hope I titled it right it's been a while since I started a topic

Technically this should be DMFA #1267, with the previous strip being 'DMFA guest strip', not 1267.
Grammar and I Don't always get on.

Link of the moment:  Sleepless domain (web comic) 

Mao

Quote from: Grey Wolf on December 04, 2011, 09:24:00 AM
In this case, I think Wildy isn't trying to muck things up for Jyrras.
"Not bad Jy. He's cute. A bit silly... but yeah. I'd ship that."

Maybe not, but this is Wildy we're talking about.  She beats the crap out of Dan for laughs.  There's also the point that she could be trying to mess with Abel.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: MT Hazard on December 04, 2011, 10:29:33 AM
Technically this should be DMFA #1267, with the previous strip being 'DMFA guest strip', not 1267.

Heh. Thanks, I missed that. Corrected now.
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears