11/29/2011 [TANP #4] Accidents are the New Black

Started by justacritic, November 29, 2011, 08:58:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

justacritic

Yeah, I'd trust that promise like a smiling man on the road with a butcher knife.
It seems to me that if things like this nearly happen every time being and creature interactions occur, no wonder adventurers have such a large job market. :rolleyes

Gabi

Right, all these events put things under a new perspective. I mean, compared to this, or to Aniz (or even Kria for that matter), Aary wasn't that bad at all.
~~ Gabi a.k.a. Gliynn Starseed, APF ~~
Thanks to Silver for the yappities, and to everyone for being so great!
(12:28:12) llearch: Gabi is equal-opportunity friendly

techmaster-glitch

Oy vey, this angel just CAN'T do anything right, can he?  :erk

Good lord man, put the sword away!

justacritic

Quote from: techmaster-glitch on November 29, 2011, 10:55:23 AM

It wasn't so much the sword but the backhand slap. Then again if he never drawn his sword in the first place, somebody wouldn't be dead right now.

joshofspam

Quote from: Gabi on November 29, 2011, 09:35:26 AM
Right, all these events put things under a new perspective. I mean, compared to this, or to Aniz (or even Kria for that matter), Aary wasn't that bad at all.

Well that's the problem with bringing big pointy things into a conversation. Once you bring it out, it's hard to put it back without fearing some retaliation.

But seriously, if you consider what Aary was considering would be appropriate methods for teaching Dan and the soul of the person in that one knick-knack of hers. You can kind of see that nature just bubbling under the surface of her.

Though to put another thought to it. Creatures probably only have a few things they keep close to their heart as Beings do. These would probably be family and friends. All other things can be used, abused and disposed of at their leisure. Creatures of Furrae have one of the most well developed form of double standers I have ever seen.

Kria herself had strong connections to Abel and his mom that borderline on family connections. Though she also had very sure political reasons at getting Abel back. If Angels are getting rare in this story as they are in Amber's world, then the extreme reaction of an Angel when trying to get an actual Angel child might not be so surprising here.
I perfer my spam cooked on a skillet.

Merlin

Came to post this, soundly beaten :B

Quote from: justacritic on November 29, 2011, 08:58:15 AM
Yeah, I'd trust that promise like a smiling man on the road with a butcher knife.
It seems to me that if things like this nearly happen every time being and creature interactions occur, no wonder adventurers have such a large job market. :rolleyes

Now now, it is his father, what's the worst thing that could possibly-

D:

justacritic

Quote from: Merlin on November 29, 2011, 10:00:15 PM

Came to post this, soundly beaten :B

Quote from: justacritic on November 29, 2011, 08:58:15 AM

Now now, it is his father, what's the worst thing that could possibly-

D:
Oh isn't that the shinning?

joshofspam

Yes. I do believe it's the shining.

Though I guess that's better then learning your father was a man responsible for the disbandment of the old republic and bringing forth an Empire run on fear, hatred, and murder of millions.

Bring your father to school would probably be something else for Azlan, Luke, and Danny. :U

Gabi

Quote from: joshofspam on November 29, 2011, 10:50:40 PM

Though I guess that's better then learning your father was a man responsible for the disbandment of the old republic and bringing forth an Empire run on fear, hatred, and murder of millions.

Bring your father to school would probably be something else for Azlan, Luke, and Danny. :U
Darth Vader wasn't responsible for the disbandment of the old republic, he only assisted.
~~ Gabi a.k.a. Gliynn Starseed, APF ~~
Thanks to Silver for the yappities, and to everyone for being so great!
(12:28:12) llearch: Gabi is equal-opportunity friendly

Sofox

Quote from: Gabi on November 30, 2011, 01:34:46 PM

Darth Vader wasn't responsible for the disbandment of the old republic, he only assisted.

That makes him an accomplice!

joshofspam

Quote from: Sofox on November 30, 2011, 04:21:08 PM
Quote from: Gabi on November 30, 2011, 01:34:46 PM

Bring your father to school would probably be something else for Azrael, Luke, and Danny. :U

That makes him an accomplice!

Considering all total damage and how far up the food chain Vader was. Accomplice or being mainly responsible does seem like a moot point.

Edit: But when looking back at Azrael, we see one reason he's so against killing unnecessarily.