16/03/2012 [DMFA#1292] - Whoosh!

Started by Arcblade, March 16, 2012, 03:23:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arcblade

Alas for the flower.  Those petals are loooong gone.  I'm surprised she doesn't have a spell to deal with it, though... I suppose demons would generally favor more direct and utilitarian sorts of magic.  Either way, envyyyy.  I want to fly too!  

Re Amber's rantling: I would love it if DMFA got an RSS.  I keep track of the vast majority of my comics via RSS.  There're only a few I have to check the main sites for.  I'm... not strictly sure I understand how to set one up, but I would cheerfully research it if the interest was there.  

Also, we now know for sure that Kria lives outside Zinvth.  How far outside, not sure.  But far enough to fly rather than walk.  

Plotting

Well, she still has a petal in the flower when she arrives at work!

Lorien077

I gotta admit for a few seconds I thought the flat colors on the last panel were intentional.  (Sort of another part of the punchline if that makes any sense)  In any case really nice job on the central panel, it really looks like she just hopped up into the air!

Also gotta wonder if she still works as a teacher.  Though I may have missed/ forgotten anything that said otherwise earlier.

Best of luck with any site updates and dealing with that stupid app. :)
You have my permission not to love me; I am a cathedral of deadbolts and I'd rather burn myself down than change the locks.

My scribbles: http://lorien077.deviantart.com/

Zidane

Ha, story of my life. Floofing up a pretty hairstyle only to have the elements go "Haha not so fast brah" as I bike down the hill to work. ;P

I really do dig the flat colours, I'll admit it. Back in the Warrior For Hire arc where Amber spent one strip testing out possible colouring methods I really noticed that the depth of colour can help add emphasis or even stress simplicity. And for sure it's neat to look at a panel with only one level of colour and admire that the lineart can still really get the point across without added depth. :-) /geeky gushing

I'm really liking the diversity of hairstyles recently, too.

Ignuus66

Quote from: Zidane on March 16, 2012, 03:59:53 AM
I'm really liking the diversity of hairstyles recently, too.
Welcome to the forums, don't forget to read the rules and such.
But yeah, recently there has been quite a lot of hair types.

(credit: Gabi)

Viking ZX

Ah! Lucky Kria! If I only had wings! Windswept is totally an OK look for me!

Excellent comic as usual Amber!
I'm an author! Check out my site!

Surzsha

Every time I see someone actually flying I can't help but remember this quirk from the earlier days. Not to say I thought it was a universal rule in the comic or anything.

Good thing airliners aren't too common in most areas, right?

Arcblade

Quote from: Surzsha on March 16, 2012, 06:30:42 PM
Every time I see someone actually flying I can't help but remember this quirk from the earlier days. Not to say I thought it was a universal rule in the comic or anything.

Heh.   >:3

Well, Pyroduck himself flew Alexi home that once.  Although he's big enough that an airplane really ought to see him.  I suppose I'd guess Zinvth, being a Creature-run-and-defended city, would have less use for technology (and airplanes) than other places.  It would be tragic to lose our favorite demon-mare to a jet engine. 

joshofspam

Quote from: Arcblade on March 16, 2012, 07:13:44 PM
Quote from: Surzsha on March 16, 2012, 06:30:42 PM

Heh.   >:3

Well, Pyroduck himself flew Alexi home that once.  Although he's big enough that an airplane really ought to see him.  I suppose I'd guess Zinvth, being a Creature-run-and-defended city, would have less use for technology (and airplanes) than other places.  It would be tragic to lose our favorite demon-mare to a jet engine. 

Though I would think that the plane would regret that more then Kria.

Diamond hard skin can't be good for a jet engine turbine to try to chew up.
I perfer my spam cooked on a skillet.

Mao

Ah, so this is why she was telling me that I was going to like this comic a great deal.  Kria really does clean up nicely, doesn't she?  Pity about the hair, though.  I have to admit, on some level the windswept look is actually better.  But it might just be due to me not liking curls/ringlets.  I don't mind wavy hair, but curls?  Eugh.

Nyil

Quote from: Mao Laoren on March 16, 2012, 09:02:27 PM
Ah, so this is why she was telling me that I was going to like this comic a great deal.  Kria really does clean up nicely, doesn't she?  Pity about the hair, though.  I have to admit, on some level the windswept look is actually better.  But it might just be due to me not liking curls/ringlets.  I don't mind wavy hair, but curls?  Eugh.

Curls and ringlets are the greatest things ever. Whenever we play for Irish dancers, their hair is always always done up in curls (either real curls or wigs) and they're just so... hypnotically boingy! Shame there's like 20 pounds of hair clips under those funny bouncy wigs. I wonder if clown wigs have to be kept on like that?
A drop of water shall be returned with a burst of spring.

Interested in high fantasy and art nouveau? Check out my art page! http://www.furaffinity.net/user/nyil/

KarlOmega1

Hehe..poor Kria having her hair messed up by the wind. some classic comedy right there.

On another note, that dress looks good on her. She looks really attractive with it.
I'm a Skype User.
Skype Name: Karaius

MT Hazard

I notice "I can handle any griffin" has been added to the finished version. For some reasons my first thought on the girl in the last panel was 'hey, neat horn headband!'
Grammar and I Don't always get on.

Link of the moment:  Sleepless domain (web comic) 

Shachza

Quote from: Mao Laoren on March 16, 2012, 09:02:27 PM

I'm with Mao on this one.  Ringlets just tend to remind me of that-famous-little-girl-singer/dancer-whose-name-escapes-me-right-now, so I have a really hard time calling them attractive.  Long and wavey hair?  Mmmmmmmm...  Need to see Kria let her mane out and down sometime.

Though the smexiness might be too much for me.
            <-- #1 that is!

Attic Rat

Kria's just enjoying the day up there, and how often do any of us get to share a moment like that? They're few and far between once one has left childhood behind. I think her winged co-workers will envy her a little bit. I wouldn't be surprised if the "windblown" look was suddenly all the rage at her workplace tomorrow morning.
Which would you like to be, ignorant or misled?

Viking ZX

I noticed that we can see Kria's wing poking out from the top panel there, this is a full image!

It'd make a nice background...hmmmm...donations?
I'm an author! Check out my site!