07/11/2011 [PF #190] Crazy like a Daryil

Started by ChaosMageX, November 07, 2011, 09:03:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChaosMageX

I freaking love that sly smile of his in the last panel.  It's the kind of smile that only be truly expressed by a fox.

And I can see another trend starting to enter into the comic that was inspired by another comic.

You can be sure that with all the people thinking Jakob looks good without a shirt, Gay Lord Daryil would definitely want to see it more often, and he's apparently using his new tri-wing powers to make it so. :giggle

And seeing him stack things like that, I can't help but think of the letter L, and judging by his thoughts, he might be planning to put a shock to someone's system. ;)

Icon by Sunblink

Tapewolf

Quote from: ChaosMageX on November 07, 2011, 09:03:56 PM
apparently using his new tri-wing powers to make it so. :giggle

He could do that before.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

ChaosMageX

Quote from: Tapewolf on November 07, 2011, 09:41:14 PM
Quote from: ChaosMageX on November 07, 2011, 09:03:56 PM
apparently using his new tri-wing powers to make it so. :giggle

He could do that before.

I often find myself wondering what Daryil couldn't do before ascension. :erk

Icon by Sunblink

Tapewolf

Quote from: ChaosMageX on November 07, 2011, 10:12:16 PM
I often find myself wondering what Daryil couldn't do before ascension. :erk

Plenty.  But rapid, involuntary clothing removal is something regular 'Cubi like Abel can do - and if you notice, Jakob doesn't seem terribly surprised here...

Oh, and Dark Angel is up.

justacritic

Quote from: Tapewolf on November 08, 2011, 03:21:15 AM

But rapid, involuntary clothing removal is something regular 'Cubi like Abel can do

Through the dark and terrible art of De-Dressu though I wonder if was a cubi that pioneered that art, wouldn't it be funny if it was angels who developed it first instead?

Madmann135

Lord Ikaarion Daryil is the nightmare for many sanity loving creatures and beings.
FORTUNATELY he does have limits to what he will do... mostly because he does not want to cross various lines of his personal moral obligations.
Still things with Daryil will get interesting to say the least.

Note:  Daryil is acting strange... he re-dressued a guy when he normally de-dressues men.

Yes, I do post just to see my own words on the screen.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Madmann135 on November 08, 2011, 01:11:09 PM
Note:  Daryil is acting strange... he re-dressued a guy when he normally de-dressues men.
Hopefully that should be clearer now I've updated the art.  You may need to refresh.

Feedback on 'Dark Angel' would also be welcome.

joshofspam

Certainly has quite a collection of fish nailed to his wall, doesn't he?

Though that does bring up the question, is it safe to eat fish and chips next to him?
I perfer my spam cooked on a skillet.

Chakat Blackspots

I wonder why Daryil is playing with the UPN logo?  Anyway, I'm wondering if Daryil is going to show up with Dorcan and Keaton while he's talking to his parents.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Daniel Boomhauer on November 08, 2011, 05:07:40 PM
I wonder why Daryil is playing with the UPN logo?
It kind of reminds me of the old EA logo, but it's neither.  That idea was lifted from something else entirely.  I would have quoted it if the quote I used in the title wasn't so incredibly appropriate.

Tapewolf

Okayyy.  Finally got the update from Ren and the comic is now finally complete.  You may need to refresh the page a couple of times.   For those who are curious, it evolved something like this:

http://www.project-future.org/stuff/things/jakob_p190-33.png

PS: Feedback on Dark Angel would would still be useful...

Merlin

Quote from: Tapewolf on November 09, 2011, 04:07:35 PM
PS: Feedback on Dark Angel would would still be useful...

I THINK IT'S GREAT
is that useful? haha

Also totally echoing that Dar's expressions on the current PF page are awesome.

Surzsha

I don't have much to say for the main comic, except that I can't wait to see what Daryil will do next.

As for Dark Angel's latest page, it's not that bad, but the last couple of panels seemed to just shove the plot forward instead of providing a smooth transition. I'm no comic expert, it's just a personal opinion. Maybe the next page will change it for me. Either way, the new art style's still pretty good.

Also, damn Zivian, you scary.
Then again, it'd be nice to know more about him.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Surzsha on November 10, 2011, 12:14:01 AM
As for Dark Angel's latest page, it's not that bad, but the last couple of panels seemed to just shove the plot forward instead of providing a smooth transition. I'm no comic expert, it's just a personal opinion. Maybe the next page will change it for me. Either way, the new art style's still pretty good.

Thanks, that's helpful, and it was something I was a little concerned about.  Trouble is, it wants to be an even number of pages per chapter.  While it was perhaps a little fast-paced for a single page, I'm not sure I could properly have spread it out across three.
The original story was a bit like that anyway, mind...

Quote from: Merlin on November 09, 2011, 10:09:56 PM
Also totally echoing that Dar's expressions on the current PF page are awesome.

Daryil in the first panel, I had to tweak his mouth slightly.  At high res it looked neutral, but in the comic itself he suddenly looked all depressed.

joshofspam

Still....talking about possibilities, all I see is Daryil in huge true cubi form taking a walk with happy Unicron on the moon.

Is that wrong? :B
I perfer my spam cooked on a skillet.

BabylonRanger

Hello, I've been reading Project Future and DMFA for a while now and I've gotten into lurking on the forums.  I've really been enjoying the comics.  I was wondering why you rearranged Daryil's cube, pyramid, and spheroid when you edited the page though. *is so woefully sheltered from things like game logos*

Surzsha

Quote from: Tapewolf on November 10, 2011, 05:00:15 AM
Trouble is, it wants to be an even number of pages per chapter.  While it was perhaps a little fast-paced for a single page, I'm not sure I could properly have spread it out across three.
The original story was a bit like that anyway, mind...

Understandable enough. I had thought that a quick one-page argument between the two adventurers would have helped establish their differences a bit more, but if the script calls for it then it must be done.