10/31/2011 (DMFA #1259) Meet the Quill (Part 2)

Started by Naldru, October 31, 2011, 06:01:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AmberCross

Quote from: Naldru on November 01, 2011, 12:46:15 PM
Quote from: lilpuppy23 on October 31, 2011, 11:33:59 PM
Which reminds me, we still don't know what Mink did with Jakob's shirt since it is clear Jakob didn't take it back.
Wearing a red shirt in Quill's vicinity might not be a good idea.  In fact, the only person in the room who could be considered to be wearing a red shirt (or robe) is Dan.
This isn't Star Trek. In this universe, (particularly here) wearing red would probably be considered trendy because it hides blood stains so well. Assuming of course that everyone has red blood. Especially when factoring Insectis and Merfolk, this might not be a given.

jeffh4

First of all, my condolences to Tapewolf for the soon-to-be-dead character Jakob......Or should I say.....soon he will WISH he were dead.   8)

I'm struck by the irony of Jakob's mission and his current situation.  Cubi clans are old and their clan alliances and enemies are essentially fossilized.  With the innocence and enthusiasm of youth, Jakob is trying to bring about change by improving the reputation of some of the most despised clans.  Now he's about to experience a great deal of pain because some distant relative in his clan doubtless insulted a distant relative of Quill thousands of years ago. 

Well, anyway.  Amber will probably blow that theory to pieces with the next update.  Oh, and I really love the layout of this page.  Very cool.

Tapewolf

Quote from: jeffh4 on November 01, 2011, 11:19:08 PM
First of all, my condolences to Tapewolf for the soon-to-be-dead character Jakob......Or should I say.....soon he will WISH he were dead.   8)

Whatever it is, it's clearly happened before, and within Brady's lifetime...

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

VAE

Quote from: Attic Rat on November 01, 2011, 03:06:01 PM
If I understand this right, Jakob is not a student at Saia, and is only visiting while working on a journalistic project... Anything he did to annoy Quill may have happened long ago and far away, which makes it all that much more fun to speculate about! It could be anything!  :eager

Furthermore , it can also
a) be simply clan hate, which just happens.
b) say, "irreconcilable personal differences". You know, the sort of people you meet the first time, suspect that you'll never get along after five minutes, and time proves you utterly right.
What i cannot create, i do not understand. - Richard P. Feynman
This is DMFA. Where major species don't understand clothing. So innuendo is overlooked for nuendo. .
Saphroneth

Maark30

Maybe Quill is just going to give Jacob tentacle huggies.    :mowmeep

:zombiekun2 Yea right, hes a goner.  :kruger
Proud member of the "Let the artist know how much you love her work" club

bradypodidae

Quote from: Tapewolf on November 02, 2011, 04:13:52 AM
Quote from: jeffh4 on November 01, 2011, 11:19:08 PM

Whatever it is, it's clearly happened before, and within Brady's lifetime...

Perhaps Artemis and the other Instructors pulled Brady aside and filled him in on all the little need-to-know things not covered in Staff Orientations. We also do not know how long Brady has been at SAIA.
Heroic adventuring at the speed of slow.
Never mistake kindness as a sign of weakness.
Not a complete idiot, parts missing.

Dropping Proeliator from the name was way overdue.

Avi by Tabi

USMC

Infranscia

Quote from: Sofox on November 01, 2011, 11:01:28 AM
Quote from: Infranscia on October 31, 2011, 04:40:21 PMIf I had to venture a guess, I'd say this is an angry/hateful moment, and that she's mad at Jakob specifically.  From what I know about his character, it seems probable.

You're giving me flashbacks to Tapewolf asking various people at AC about what he could do to make Jakob less of a jerk.

Ah...  I was thinking more on the opposite end of the spectrum from 'jerk.' ^_^;

Quote from: Tapewolf on November 01, 2011, 01:05:16 PMJakob isn't all sweetness and light, but I don't see him being stupid enough to deliberately antagonise a head of department.

Where he does intimidate people (in his own story), it's always from a position of his own authority, and there's generally a very good reason for it.  That may not necessarily be reflected in Amber's view of him, of course.

It doesn't need to be all sweetness; it could just be enough for her to get upset over.  And it wouldn't need to be intentional, either; it could've been one of those meetings and conversations where it ends up going downhill.

Quote from: VAE on November 02, 2011, 08:33:09 AMFurthermore , it can also be...
b) say, "irreconcilable personal differences". You know, the sort of people you meet the first time, suspect that you'll never get along after five minutes, and time proves you utterly right.

^ Basically this.  Granted, I'm making assumptions on Quill's behavior based on her clan, position/role, and physical build.  Still, it doesn't seem all that likely that Jakob's views on killing living sentients (or more appropriately, not doing so) would mesh too well with the Taun clan.
Please excuse the watermarked avatar.  I haven't bothered to fix it yet.  (Still, thanks to PetFriendAmy for the original pic!)

AmigaDragon

Rereading, I notice that "surprise" was misspelled, but I'm going to assume that was intentional to fit whatever accent she has. :mowwink
"Cogito, ergo es. I think, therefore you is." Ray D. Tutto (King of the Moon) to Baron Munschaussen