10/31/2011 (DMFA #1259) Meet the Quill (Part 2)

Started by Naldru, October 31, 2011, 06:01:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Naldru

Now Jakob gets to meet the Quill.  And those quills look sharp.

I just felt that Meet the Quill seemed more appropriate for this one.  Or perhaps "Feel the Quills" go through your body.
Learn to laugh at yourself, and you will never be without a source of amusement.

Tapewolf

Now I'm curious whether Quill's (apparent) problem is with Jakob as an individual or a clan grudge.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

OminousShadow

Calling it right now. Quill actually likes Jakob and has no problems with him. The reason Jakob would want to avoid her is crushingly powerful hugs.
97% of teens would cry if they saw Robert Pattinson (Edward Cullen from Twilight) standing on top of a skyscraper, about to jump. If you're one of the 3% who would sit there eating popcorn screaming "DO A FLIP, YOU SPARKLY (I am not smart enough to use polite words)!" then copy and paste.

MT Hazard

I'm wondering what her accent is, I'm going for German/Transylvania, seems appropriate.
Grammar and I Don't always get on.

Link of the moment:  Sleepless domain (web comic) 

latei

Wow, Voldemort's really changed since the last time I saw him.
... I had to do it, I'm sorry *shot forever*

On topic, has Mink always had the Blush marks on their face? And I was also admiring how Amber did the shadow outline, with the blue lines to indicate form.

EDIT: Looking back, I see that Mink's always had the blush marks. But now I'm wondering where Fi has disappeared to?

Tapewolf

Quote from: OminousShadow on October 31, 2011, 06:35:25 AM
Calling it right now. Quill actually likes Jakob and has no problems with him. The reason Jakob would want to avoid her is crushingly powerful hugs.

Perhaps, but Mink seems extremely worried.

EDIT: I missed the accent at first, but I did note that Quill pronounced Jakob's name correctly :3

Turnsky

and this is the part where Jak somehow turns up in other comics. to flee.

edit: either that or is punched clear through the dimensional barriers.  :P

Dragons, it's what's for dinner... with gravy and potatoes, YUM!
Sparta? no, you should've taken that right at albuquerque..

llearch n'n'daCorna

Man, Jakob's milkshake brings all the tri-wings to the yard, don't it?
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Wanderer

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on October 31, 2011, 07:39:06 AM

Man, Jakob's milkshake brings all the tri-wings to the yard, don't it?

Hmm? Quill isn't a tri-wing.

psilorder

My bet is Jakob has been skipping out on lessons.

Grey Wolf

It's okay Jakob! Killing isn't allowed, and you've got one of Jin's clan right there.
Just think of all the nourishment you'll be providing terror, pain, and dismay-munching 'cubi :)
Warning: This forum goer is prone to bouts of logic, and has a dry sense of humor.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Grey Wolf on October 31, 2011, 10:27:12 AM
Just think of all the nourishment you'll be providing terror, pain, and dismay-munching 'cubi :)

Jakob's one for fear himself, actually.

It wouldn't surprise me if Quill had a Destania-like reputation among some students (and faculty) but I guess we'll see.  It's probably something completely bizarre instead.

Sicill

A large, powerful succubus that he was avoiding and there Jakob is without a shirt.

icarus

we needed more 70s spy drama russian accents in DMFA. i for one approve!

kellyn: it's like being a secret agent, outside we look perfectly normal. no giant metal faces or tattooed eyes or mohawks. BUT. SECRETLY. DRAWING RAINBOW MONSTERS AND ROOOOLE PLAAAAAYING oh the shame oh the humanity, and man i know so many more cool people now wtf is that

joshofspam

Maybe she doesn't like people taking up space that's reserved for her students and people with actual business for being there.

Then again, knowing Taun clan's vow, it could mean that a student who doesn't take any of her classes and is a peaceknick would need private lesson's from her in her eye's. After all, look what happened to Mink's mom.

Thinking about Quill and Mink, why do I have the feeling that despite everything she'll say to everyone else, she'll give Mink a cookie as she leaves? >:3
I perfer my spam cooked on a skillet.

Saist

QuoteCalling it right now. Quill actually likes Jakob and has no problems with him. The reason Jakob would want to avoid her is crushingly powerful hugs.

I'll raise that bet:

*lays down a lb. of catnip on de-pantsu*

Alondro

*Charline de Lyon ooooos!*  Quill has a really nice 'evily lurking in the shadows' thing going there!  Almost as good as mine, but not quite.  Big, sharp teeth help make one's smile all the more sinister, you see.   :kruger

*Charles da human, meanwhile, is fantasizing in his usual perverted way*  Mmmm... 8-foot tall muscular giraffe cubi chick of darkness... best way to have my soul devoured ever...
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

VAE

Heh.. my favourite clan.
Also I wonder how much similar will this look to what a fighter class cubi can do...
What i cannot create, i do not understand. - Richard P. Feynman
This is DMFA. Where major species don't understand clothing. So innuendo is overlooked for nuendo. .
Saphroneth

Infranscia

YES!  Taun-clan wing-heads!  Now I know how to draw them/what they look like in general!  :mowhappy  I know it didn't occur to me to ask or anything, but I'm going to say 'thanks' anyway, Amber.  Thanks!  :mowcookie

I like a number of the details in that last panel: The red eyes (and the eye you can't see due to eyepatch), the glowing clan-mark, the claws in/on her hands, Jacob's fluffy tail and spread headwings...  I always like the fluffy tail and spread headwings to show surprise and/or fear, though. :mowsmile

As my sister said, this makes a good Halloween comic. :mowwink  I still have something of a preference for 'welcome to the library' when it comes to that feel, but this comic was still timed well. :mowsmile

If I had to venture a guess, I'd say this is an angry/hateful moment, and that she's mad at Jakob specifically.  From what I know about his character, it seems probable.
Please excuse the watermarked avatar.  I haven't bothered to fix it yet.  (Still, thanks to PetFriendAmy for the original pic!)

Naldru

Could it be that Jakob is responsible for a noodle incident in the dojo similar to what Abel did in the library.
Learn to laugh at yourself, and you will never be without a source of amusement.

Shachza

Quote from: Naldru on October 31, 2011, 06:17:37 PM
Could it be that Jakob is responsible for a noodle incident in the dojo similar to what Abel did in the library.

Wait.  Wasn't it agreed that nobody would mention that such an incident might have occurred?
            <-- #1 that is!

ArchTeryx

Jakob's Oh Crap expression's pretty epic.  Should be, considering that a extremely well trained, fully deployed cubi's looming behind him.

This situation'll be interesting to see the denouement of.

lilpuppy23

Which reminds me, we still don't know what Mink did with Jakob's shirt since it is clear Jakob didn't take it back.

Turnsky

now, either he's gonna be hugged. or... well.. i can sum it up best with property damage.

Dragons, it's what's for dinner... with gravy and potatoes, YUM!
Sparta? no, you should've taken that right at albuquerque..

Sofox

Quote from: Infranscia on October 31, 2011, 04:40:21 PM
If I had to venture a guess, I'd say this is an angry/hateful moment, and that she's mad at Jakob specifically.  From what I know about his character, it seems probable.

You're giving me flashbacks to Tapewolf asking various people at AC about what he could do to make Jakob less of a jerk.

FairWage22

Of course, there is the fact that Jakob *did* check the schedule to see if Quill was going to be busy or not.

And the fact that the *head* of the department (as well as the daughter of a Clan Leader who was instrumental in founding S.A.I.A.) probably has at least *some* sway on scheduling...

That 'cancelled' lecture could have *just* been cancelled as soon as Quill became aware that her target was in the area.

Perhaps this is one of those 'character building' sorts of moments that everyone walks away from with a greater sense of maturity and respect for one's elders.
For decades I viewed myself as a 'wageslave', captive to whims of others and not realizing that by Naming myself that I *defined* myself.

Now many years older and wiser, I am trying to be the change  I want to see.

bradypodidae

Quote from: Wageslave94 on November 01, 2011, 11:42:50 AM
Perhaps this is one of those 'character building' sorts of moments that everyone walks away from with a greater sense of maturity and respect for one's elders.

If this is true and works I will have to seriously consider instituting the technique.

Both Mink and Brady's reaction to seeing Jakob in the Battle instruction area, not to mention Jakob's reaction to being caught by Quill, gives me a serious feeling of foreboding. I fully expect Miss Mab to delightfully surprise us all on the outcome. She is good at that. >.>;;;
Heroic adventuring at the speed of slow.
Never mistake kindness as a sign of weakness.
Not a complete idiot, parts missing.

Dropping Proeliator from the name was way overdue.

Avi by Tabi

USMC

Naldru

Quote from: lilpuppy23 on October 31, 2011, 11:33:59 PM
Which reminds me, we still don't know what Mink did with Jakob's shirt since it is clear Jakob didn't take it back.
Wearing a red shirt in Quill's vicinity might not be a good idea.  In fact, the only person in the room who could be considered to be wearing a red shirt (or robe) is Dan.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Infranscia on October 31, 2011, 04:40:21 PM
If I had to venture a guess, I'd say this is an angry/hateful moment, and that she's mad at Jakob specifically.  From what I know about his character, it seems probable.

Jakob isn't all sweetness and light, but I don't see him being stupid enough to deliberately antagonise a head of department.

Where he does intimidate people (in his own story), it's always from a position of his own authority, and there's generally a very good reason for it.  That may not necessarily be reflected in Amber's view of him, of course.

Attic Rat

If I understand this right, Jakob is not a student at Saia, and is only visiting while working on a journalistic project... Anything he did to annoy Quill may have happened long ago and far away, which makes it all that much more fun to speculate about! It could be anything!  :eager
Which would you like to be, ignorant or misled?