10/10/2011 [PF #186] Asimov's Rules were made to be broken

Started by ChaosMageX, October 11, 2011, 04:55:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChaosMageX

Dorcan has already broken one of them over the skull of the former mayor of Mundesburg. :mwaha

Julei doesn't seem to like being reminded of her age, but that's obvious from her radical clothes change from her disguise.  At least she finally took off that awful looking shawl.

I'm anxious to hear Dorcan's grandparents' opinions on their grandchild's new body, which is much more limited compared to a cubi body.  To them, it might actually be worse than being dead.

Icon by Sunblink

llearch n'n'daCorna

Well, it's _currently_ more limited, in some ways. In other ways, it's much less limited - for example, he's fairly robust to losing limbs; even pulling his head off will only mildly inconvenience him a little.

Given time, the options become much more, well, optional. And that whole death being optional already thing is a bit of a step up; the only way (barring this) for a Cubi to avoid death is to ascend, and that's apparently very risky. So...
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Tapewolf

A cookie for anyone who recognises the subtitle.  I still think I should have used 'John Brown's body' or something, though.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

llearch n'n'daCorna

If you're going to challenge us like that, of course we're going to google it.

I don't believe that's my usual preferred musical experience, but the Young Einstein-like imagery did make for an interesting view.
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Turnsky

ren, i'm frankly shocked. no GS-Ride?  :P

(he'd get this, not many others would)

Dragons, it's what's for dinner... with gravy and potatoes, YUM!
Sparta? no, you should've taken that right at albuquerque..

joshofspam

Reminds me of that poor movie of the Guyver with the chest cannon he uses at the end of it.

Hmmmmm...would the female android body have the same access ports as Dorcans?

I perfer my spam cooked on a skillet.

Tapewolf

Quote from: joshofspam on October 12, 2011, 03:45:17 PM
Reminds me of that poor movie of the Guyver with the chest cannon he uses at the end of it.
I think that's intentional.

QuoteHmmmmm...would the female android body have the same access ports as Dorcans?
Probably the whole chest unit would swing open.

Madmann135

One of these days I am going to mod one of those chest opening scenes with something from Gundam wing.  Namely Missiles and Gatling gun fire.

Yes, I do post just to see my own words on the screen.

joshofspam

Quote from: Madmann135 on October 13, 2011, 12:14:39 PM
One of these days I am going to mod one of those chest opening scenes with something from Gundam wing.  Namely Missiles and Gatling gun fire.

Going along the lines of me thinking to much, that's an amusing idea.

Better than me thinking about Dorcan acting like Gato Chrono Trigger and giving fifteen silver points for every battle you win against him.

Of coarse, having to do female maintenance is going to be a rather awkward thing. Especially when your going to have to watch how you say something with that crazy lady coming out of her crystal.

Edit: Things you don't want to say to an android that was once organic.

1. Head statements.

"Let's pull off your head and see if we can't give it an adjustment."
"Let's pull out you eyes and see how their working"
"Let's dig out your brain and see if we can fix how you're thinking."
"Let's yank off your ears and see if I can make you hear better."
"Stop whining or I'll pull your head off and throw it in the closet."

2. Limbs and parts

"What's this suppose to be attached too?"
"If I pull these legs off, do you think I can lengthen them?"
"I seem to be missing a part."

I perfer my spam cooked on a skillet.

Naldru

If you remember some of Data's quotes from Star Trek:First Contact, you have to wonder if Dorcan is fully functional.

Well, getting the right accessories is very important.  However, the catalog might come in a plain brown wrapper.

Of course, if I go any further with this, there might be complaints.
Learn to laugh at yourself, and you will never be without a source of amusement.

Turnsky

Dragons, it's what's for dinner... with gravy and potatoes, YUM!
Sparta? no, you should've taken that right at albuquerque..

Tapewolf

Okay, new page is up.  In theory we should have a more normal update schedule next weekend.
Don't forget, we should start the new backstory on Tuesday...

AmigaDragon

Quote from: joshofspam on October 12, 2011, 03:45:17 PMReminds me of that poor movie of the Guyver with the chest cannon he uses at the end of it.

You're not talking about McGyver, are you?
"Cogito, ergo es. I think, therefore you is." Ray D. Tutto (King of the Moon) to Baron Munschaussen