02/08/2011 [DMFA# 1234] An evening with Pete'Zsa.

Started by MT Hazard, August 02, 2011, 05:56:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MT Hazard

Looks like Abel may be getting a social life after all. Also a good time to catch up with everything thing he's been missing in the outside world.
Grammar and I Don't always get on.

Link of the moment:  Sleepless domain (web comic) 

llearch n'n'daCorna

Heh. Oh, dear. Abel will be getting a sharp introduction to the gamer lifestyle.

... not that he needs to eat (at least, not food), but the smooth taste of someone enjoying a pizza, sharpened with the tang of misery as they realise it's not as good as the one they had last week, now that would be delicious. ;-]
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

RandomMetaphysics

If someone asked me "Who is Pete'Zsa?" I would probably have the same reaction as Lorenda.

Quote from: MT Hazard on August 02, 2011, 05:56:25 AM
Looks like Abel may be getting a social life after all. Also a good time to catch up with everything thing he's been missing in the outside world.
Perhaps he might learn what a camera is.

icarus

does devin eat pizza?
does devin like movies?

considering he seems like a brother figure to lorenda more than a 'family servent' i can see him being invited. and abel flipping his spots.

kellyn: it's like being a secret agent, outside we look perfectly normal. no giant metal faces or tattooed eyes or mohawks. BUT. SECRETLY. DRAWING RAINBOW MONSTERS AND ROOOOLE PLAAAAAYING oh the shame oh the humanity, and man i know so many more cool people now wtf is that

Tapewolf

Quote from: icarus on August 02, 2011, 08:21:48 AM
does devin eat pizza?
does devin like movies?

If I remember my demonology, the undead can't taste food if it's not still alive.  So no, probably not much of a pizza eater.
Movies, that's rather more likely, especially if Devin's the one who does the shopping for the household.

It's not yet clear whether Abel had seen TV or cinema before (it wouldn't surprise me if he has seen large 35mm or Polaroid cameras before, from more recent students in the academy - but clearly he's not seen digital ones).

Quoteconsidering he seems like a brother figure to lorenda more than a 'family servent' i can see him being invited. and abel flipping his spots.

Possibly, but it looks to me like Lorenda knows Abel has issues with Devin.  I'm not sure if she'd try that.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

joshofspam

I wonder what Abel's reaction will be to one of those epically loud promo things that tells you that the movie is in digital sound?

Hmmmm... what kinds of toppings do you get for a Being, a Demon and a Cubi? Being a different world probably means they have some strange ones to top a pizza.
I perfer my spam cooked on a skillet.

justacritic

It makes me wonder how the pizza shop owners would get the ingredients for "certain" types of orders.
I'm quite surprised that the cooking class is outdated... FOR AROUND A SEVERAL HUNDRED YEARS. Honestly when do does SAIA update their curriculum? I just had the funny thought of Basic Shamanism banging rocks all day 

Wanderer

...Great, now I have an overwhelming need to order pizza.

Madd the Sane

Quote from: justacritic on August 02, 2011, 09:55:03 AM
I'm quite surprised that the cooking class is outdated... FOR AROUND A SEVERAL HUNDRED YEARS.  
It's possible that Abel hasn't gone to cooking class for a few hundred years. Especially with that scary teacher.
Get out of my mind, idea!  I already have an idea in here!
Don't you hate it when you have an idea, don't write it down, and forget it?

D'ymkarra

How out of date could those cooking classes be? Numbers-wise, pizza has still been around a lot longer than Abel has :(

I can see the night turning infinitely more awkward as the conversation between Lorenda and Abel turns back to Devin and Kria, while Jyrras tries to avoid drooling all over the place :)

Also, yay for more Lorenda!

'It'd be such an honour, to be personally smacked upside the head by the artist herself' - Bjalf

Tapewolf

Quote from: D'ymkarra on August 02, 2011, 11:44:36 AM
How out of date could those cooking classes be? Numbers-wise, pizza has still been around a lot longer than Abel has :(

I'm not sure it became widespread in the UK until the 1960s when air travel became commonly affordable.  I have no idea about Furrae's culinary history :3

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Tapewolf on August 02, 2011, 08:39:03 AM
If I remember my demonology, the undead can't taste food if it's not still alive.  So no, probably not much of a pizza eater.

... unless it's rat pizza, and the rat is still moving.
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

ChaosMageX

Quote from: D'ymkarra on August 02, 2011, 11:44:36 AM

Actually, I'm not surprised that Abel hasn't heard of pizza, being as old and out of touch with outside world as he is.

It's true that bread covered in toppings of oils, herbs, and cheese has been around since Ancient Greek time, and that the word 'pizza' is derived 'pita', the word for pie in that general region.

However, the modern pizza as we know it didn't arise until the late 18th century, when poor people around Naples began covering flat bread in tomato sauce, which until then most Europeans believed to be poisonous.  Rather than poisonous, it turned out to be quite tasty, and its popularity soon spread, and the modern pizza was born.

...Or at least that's what Wikipedia says.

Icon by Sunblink

lilpuppy23

I now see Abel bashing wheat grains with a rock...

Arrith

It's funny, i'm eating pizza while reading that comic.

If somebody told me they didn't know what Pizza was then my reaction would be an executive decision and dragging him out the door to have some.

Heh, Abel bashing something with a rock.
I think he'd be more likely to suggest using Dan's skull.
This suspense is terrible. I hope it will last. - Oscar Wilde

Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak.  Courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen. - Winston Churchill

nevwyn

What the heck? SAIA doesn't serve pizza? how the heck can they call themselves a college.  :mowdizzy

AmberCross

Quote from: Madd the Sane on August 02, 2011, 11:40:00 AM
It's possible that Abel hasn't gone to cooking class for a few hundred years. Especially with that scary teacher.
You're talking about home-ec class. That is a class about how to use homeheld appliances in creative and unique ways. Not is how to cook.

Update: Wut? Wut? I just found this: http://www.missmab.com/Comics/Vol_606.php. I think we must come to the conclusion that it isn't SAIA as a whole... just Abel that is extremely outdated.

Arcblade

Quote from: AmberCross on August 02, 2011, 03:41:14 PM
Quote from: Madd the Sane on August 02, 2011, 11:40:00 AM
You're talking about home-ec class. That is a class about how to use homeheld appliances in creative and unique ways. Not is how to cook.

Update: Wut? Wut? I just found this: http://www.missmab.com/Comics/Vol_606.php. I think we must come to the conclusion that it isn't SAIA as a whole... just Abel that is extremely outdated.

That in itself might not be enough to say that SAIA has pizza.  After all, Fi really likes food, and he used to be Fa'Lina's Warp AC.  He'd get around, and probably outside the academy.  Given his love of food, he might have just devoured some while he was out. 

Still, I think it's likely that SAIA serves pizza.  Abel probably didn't bother with a meal plan, though.  Eating solid food is optional for most 'Cubi, after all.  And Abel doesn't seem to have bothered to keep up with much while he was at SAIA.  A form of self-defense, I'm sure. 

AmberCross

Actually there's a comic in which Abel says it's lucky for him that only 5% of cubi actually eat food so that meal plans are free. In retrospect, Fi travels a lot so probably discovered food outside the academy which as a whole apparently isn't big on the 'food' thing.

Nerikull

Who is....Pete Z'sa? http://www.dramabutton.com/

I would think that he's not related to Keyser Söze.   :B
--Nerikull Murakami
"When life hands you lemons, chuck them back until life hands you the winning lottery ticket!"

Les

I know things have been very hectic and blargh for Amber over the past month.  But, still.. given how the strip only nominally updates twice a week and due to things behind Ambarrrrrgh's control has updated sporadically if at all over the past month or so, I'm actually Glad we got a regular story-strip and Not something special to commemorate strip #1234.

Not that the amusing digressions like the 'Ask the Wiku' strips and all aren't entertaining, they are.  It's just.... Story!  I wanna see what happens!  Story-story-story!   :mowhappy
Long live Space Race, Long live... Molvania!

icarus

thank you, DMFA, for making me order pizza last night
and for the subsequent bizzare nightmares of a t-rex loose in a zoo while i try to rescue all the bats

kellyn: it's like being a secret agent, outside we look perfectly normal. no giant metal faces or tattooed eyes or mohawks. BUT. SECRETLY. DRAWING RAINBOW MONSTERS AND ROOOOLE PLAAAAAYING oh the shame oh the humanity, and man i know so many more cool people now wtf is that

Icalasari

Silly Abel. Pete'Zha is the man who will cram pizza down your throat until you like it!

...Eh, the joke still seems funny to me
Quote from: MT Hazard on January 08, 2011, 10:54:19 AM
Warning! This cubi has encountered an unknown error and needs to restart
Do you wish to start in safe mode ? Y/N
Loading last known good configuration.....
Loading WinMows....

TheAuldGrump

Pete'Zsa is Moe Tzart's cousin.

The Auld Grump, why am I being reminded of the Dresden Files?...

Attic Rat

Another way this could have gone.

"Pizza? more "what" than "Who." a popular snack food involving a flat bread, sauces, sliced meats and other flavorsome items, and cheese, suitable for informal social gatherings,  after-hours meals, and keeping away from room-mates. Nothing particularly important about it otherwise...

Abel "Ah, now I understand."
Which would you like to be, ignorant or misled?

Alondro

Quote from: icarus on August 03, 2011, 09:56:50 AM
and for the subsequent bizzare nightmares of a t-rex loose in a zoo while i try to rescue all the bats

Awww... how come I never have dreams like that?  My dreams are so mundane that I have to be insane the whole time I'm awake to make up for it! 

Anyway, Pete Zsa is likely Zsa Zsa Gabor's nephew.  :3

Poor Abel, so unaware of how the world has changed.  Wait until he sees Jersey Shore.  He may run right back to the academy and never come out again.  Snookie is THAT horrifying, after all. 
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

Maark30

Quote from: Alondro on August 05, 2011, 09:37:02 AM
Quote from: icarus on August 03, 2011, 09:56:50 AM

Awww... how come I never have dreams like that?  My dreams are so mundane that I have to be insane the whole time I'm awake to make up for it! 

Anyway, Pete Zsa is likely Zsa Zsa Gabor's nephew.  :3

Poor Abel, so unaware of how the world has changed.  Wait until he sees Jersey Shore.  He may run right back to the academy and never come out again.  Snookie is THAT horrifying, after all. 

Or he might get Kria and Lorenda to go there and rampage to cleanse his world of all of them.
Proud member of the "Let the artist know how much you love her work" club

Naldru

Looking at the empty platter reminded me of trips to the Pizza Hut lunch buffer several years ago.  i referred to it as the piranha pool.  They would bring out six large pizzas, the crowd would rush up, and thirty seconds later, the counter was bare of food.
Learn to laugh at yourself, and you will never be without a source of amusement.

Anker Steadfast

There's also the possibility that they simply call pizza something else in SAIA, like .... REALLY large sandwich !  XD

GAH - I have been lured into fiddling with forum tamagotchies.

Lurkie

|  Space   ||   Space  ||  It's Hard  ||  A Place  ||  Burma  |
|  is Big  ||  is Dark ||   to Find   ||  to Park  ||  Shave  |