08/08/2011 [DMFA# 1236] And everything he doesn't need as well.

Started by justacritic, August 08, 2011, 08:24:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

justacritic

So does SAIA's defenses include BB gun turrets?

Tapewolf

Does this mean that Fi is afraid of bees?

For future reference (and for people who don't read the thing anyway) it might be worth paraphrasing Amber's rant here:
The Det-Co comic is about a crow-gryphon detective and his warp-aci sidekick.  Det-Co is both a contraction of 'Detective Comic' and the nicknames of the protagonists.
...I love little details like that.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Madd the Sane

Get out of my mind, idea!  I already have an idea in here!
Don't you hate it when you have an idea, don't write it down, and forget it?

icarus

i can't actually make out what that critter is, madd. some kind of dragon? it looks like pip to me.

the "all four" comics made me smile. as someone who has two shelves full of comics and still isn't a "serious" collector.

kellyn: it's like being a secret agent, outside we look perfectly normal. no giant metal faces or tattooed eyes or mohawks. BUT. SECRETLY. DRAWING RAINBOW MONSTERS AND ROOOOLE PLAAAAAYING oh the shame oh the humanity, and man i know so many more cool people now wtf is that

LoneHowler

Amber promised a big announcement. I wonder what it was supposed to be?
Yes I know I'm a horrid speller queen of typos but dang it, I'm trying to get better
MY warp aci crappy photoshop I wish I had my tablet working
My Yappty thanks Silver :)
(hmm my sig needs updating. eeeeeh I'll do it later 07/29/06)

icarus

forthcoming: det-co fanart

edit: here it is

kellyn: it's like being a secret agent, outside we look perfectly normal. no giant metal faces or tattooed eyes or mohawks. BUT. SECRETLY. DRAWING RAINBOW MONSTERS AND ROOOOLE PLAAAAAYING oh the shame oh the humanity, and man i know so many more cool people now wtf is that

Madd the Sane

Does that mean that Dan's chest will burst with mini-Fis?
Get out of my mind, idea!  I already have an idea in here!
Don't you hate it when you have an idea, don't write it down, and forget it?

lilpuppy23

I've always wondered if anything other than cubi' ever go in and out of the Academy. Do they get shipments or anything? Mail, maybe, but when a piece of furniture is burned to ashes, do they order a new one and have it shipped in or what?

Or are they just completely self sufficient and use the furniture ashes to grow trees and grass to feed sheep and use the wood and wool to make new furniture?

justacritic

Yes torture "volunteers" and other "guests" do go in the Academy
I don't presume to know how they get out...

Tapewolf

Quote from: justacritic on August 09, 2011, 07:44:32 AM
Yes torture "volunteers" and other "guests" do go in the Academy
I don't presume to know how they get out...

IIRC (and things may have changed plot-wise) Amber said at one point that they do have some kind of trade.
The cola machine, for instance, looks like modern tech and they besides from restocking it they will presumably need to import materials for the mundane courses (haberdashery etc) since there are a lot of goods which are easier to buy than create magically.
It seems likely to me that clans who utilise SAIA may contribute to it in this manner by arranging the purchase and import of such goods.

As for non-'Cubi, they have at least two Mythos - the Librarian being staff, and the water-dragon in p530.  I can imagine that you may well have guest lecturers from other races, if they agreed to it.

Grey Wolf

That's fabulous, Icarus!

Quote from: Tapewolf on August 09, 2011, 08:25:45 AM
As for non-'Cubi, they have at least two Mythos - the Librarian being staff, and the water-dragon in p530.  I can imagine that you may well have guest lecturers from other races, if they agreed to it.

What about non-cubi parents visiting their children? I also think Fa'lina could use SAIA to introduce objective and sympathetic researchers to cubi culture.
She could be sure they couldn't hurt her students there (or vice versa), and she could flip through the notes they intended on publishing ('cause, defying a tri-wing's request of leaving out some data that could put her school at jeopardy when she generously allowed them to conduct a research visit would be very... rude [read: dangerous]).
Warning: This forum goer is prone to bouts of logic, and has a dry sense of humor.

icarus

i think we need some Word Of God in this thread. AMBERRRRRR!

i imagine there's a lot of mental screening before beings are let into the academy, just because of the Dragon/Cubi rivalry. Dragons being extremely powerful, couldn't they possibly charm a being and send them as a spy, if they knew they were the parent of a 'cubi?

or does Fa'lina's influence/protection of students extent to their immediate family as well?

Tapewolf

Quote from: icarus on August 09, 2011, 12:58:24 PM
i imagine there's a lot of mental screening before beings are let into the academy, just because of the Dragon/Cubi rivalry. Dragons being extremely powerful, couldn't they possibly charm a being and send them as a spy, if they knew they were the parent of a 'cubi?

I figured it was of limited use to scope out the inside of the Academy, since Fa'Lina has AFAIK absolute control over whether a given person can enter it.  But yeah, you might be able to get some advantage out of it somehow.  I have a gut feeling that a charmed individual might stick out, mentally or magically, but it's just a guess.

icarus

yeah, good point. but...
charms exist to ward people from reading minds. so what if a person were blackmailed, and then had their mind warded, and were sent into SAIA?

i guess again, fa'lina would know pretty swiftly.

ooklah

<wakka wakka wakka wakka wakka wakka>
"Why no, officer, I am not made of pancakes."

Anker Steadfast

Considering that Cubi are renowned for psycic abilities, I doubt anyone would be foolish enough to try and mess with them in that area.

And if it happened, and the cubi found out, you'd probably have to evacuate the nearest city, because they have a tendency to overreact.
Which one though ? Only the underpeaid headline writer knows.

GAH - I have been lured into fiddling with forum tamagotchies.

Sicill

Quote from: Anker Steadfast on August 10, 2011, 07:23:48 AM
And if it happened, and the cubi found out, you'd probably have to evacuate the nearest city, because they have a tendency to overreact.
Hey now! Cubi don't over-react!