What parts in webcomics pull on your emotions?

Started by joshofspam, July 23, 2011, 02:22:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

joshofspam

It often happens in good webcomics. While enjoying what you read, something big or small happens that foreever is imprinted in your mind. You get a laugh, a cry, rage, feeling of love, or despair.

So what scenes forever stick out in your mind, what comic are they from and what was your emotional response?

In DMFA the side story of Abel I git some big reaction to how sad Devon responded as he slowly died. Then I had feelings of joy followed by sadness as May imparted her last message before she died.

Girl Genius had Lars die protecting Agatha and giving his confession of love and acceptance that he would never be good enough for her. The scene of her sitting with him as the others fought on added to the despair as well as the shock value of the scene.

Foxfire Chronicles  had its dark moments, but it had it's surprises to. Why not particularly dark, the scene when Mary meets her brother in her transformed body made me pity her. Many of the people they meet made me feel like so many were just jerks to them.

Last Resort gave me the same rage while also importing a dark laugh at Melody's expense, that Jigsaw felt when in one scenetelling Melody she would kill the sniper twice and letting it slip that she thought Melody was an idiot.

The person responsible for stolen and restored generation has a gift with getting you to know half the cast and then tragically gradually killing half of them off.

The Slightly Damned Fight/death/burial scenes of Sakido , really imparted anxiety, fear, tragedy, and sadness to me.

So what were your most remembered scenes from web comics and what kind of strong reaction did you have to them?
I perfer my spam cooked on a skillet.

rabid_fox

I...read webcomics for laughs. Ain't never gotten that invested in a comic that I'd be upset if a thing happened.

Oh dear.

joshofspam

A laugh is perfectly alright Rabis_fox

Though is there any laugh on a page, story arc that tickles your funny bone and leaves an impression on your mind when you think about the comic?

I find Rocky's Pancake childhood past hilarious in Lackadaisy  Adventures. As well as the many sucker punches Abel has had to deliver and their is a lot to say about Abel laughing maniacally at Dan having Mink as a guide in DMFA.
I perfer my spam cooked on a skillet.

Turnsky

Dragons, it's what's for dinner... with gravy and potatoes, YUM!
Sparta? no, you should've taken that right at albuquerque..