07/09/2011 [DMFA #1231] - Abel has a point...

Started by llearch n'n'daCorna, July 09, 2011, 03:34:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

llearch n'n'daCorna

... but "peanut gallery" ? Mwahahahahahaha.

Man, that takes me back. *snerk* and I do wonder how Dan is going to get along. I'm pretty sure (despite Abel's cynicism) Dan will learn more about his abilities. Perhaps less about self-control, mind, but his abilities, certainly...
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

AxiLarin

Well, at the least, it should force him to practice creating a mind shield.

Mab is seriously going to town on Abel's cupcakes.  I guess I would be, too... they look so yummy!  Everyone should be thankful that Abel's making the snacks and not Mab.  Though now I'm curious if Mab's brownies would have any affect on warp Aci or if they harmlessly pass through to wherever they land.  :.

MT Hazard

Seems a bit hypocritical for Abel, the guy with more issues than spots, he's only one bad day away from a nervous breakdown himself.

That and being 'not interested' means he's not really qualified to comment on the relationships of others.

edit:spelling...
Grammar and I Don't always get on.

Link of the moment:  Sleepless domain (web comic) 

Tapewolf

Quote from: MT Hazard on July 09, 2011, 07:02:57 AM
Seems a bit hypocritical for Abel, the guy with more issues that spots, he's only one bad day away from a nervous breakdown himself.

Also, it his idea, wasn't it?  (Dan's earlier proposal seemed to be more aimed at getting out of Wildy's reach)

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

joshofspam

Those muffins must be absolutely, Delicious. ;)

Though I can get what people mean by Abel being hypocritical about Dan. There's also the point of Abel having a few hundred years stuck under his belt.

Beside, this is Dan we're talking about. Trying to talk Jyras out of having interest in Abel, hit it until it stops moving, childish pranks with spiders and watermelons. It isn't like Dan has completely proven points to the contrary.

Though I'm liking the detail on the background. Though that dragon tapestry makes me wonder if it has a hidden meaning? Wonder if Ducky to keep stop other dragons from snooping around?

Hmmmmm... We seem to be one short. Peanut gallery comments are best from two old people. Hope Ducky gets in their to even out the peanut gallery. :P

I perfer my spam cooked on a skillet.

nevwyn

*steals one of Mabs muffins and noms it*

*mouthful mode* what stolen baked goods taste better.  :mowcookie

lilpuppy23

I never did understand the term peanut gallery...

Is Able throwing hypothetical peanuts at Dan?

Also, I just noticed Lost Lake has stucco.

Anker Steadfast

Dang, Mab is getting some serious om-nom-nomming on. :)

GAH - I have been lured into fiddling with forum tamagotchies.

Naldru

Quote from: lilpuppy23 on July 09, 2011, 12:16:23 PM
I never did understand the term peanut gallery...

Is Able throwing hypothetical peanuts at Dan?

Also, I just noticed Lost Lake has stucco.
My earliest memories of peanut gallery is the area where the children were seated at the old Howdy Doody show.  However, according to this entry in Wikipedia, it dates back to vaudevillians who would throw peanuts.  I aways thought that they threw rotten fruit.  I had always thought that it came from the same root as the name of the Peanuts comic strip, since the peanut gallery at the children's shows was filled with small kids who were about the same age as the Peanuts characters.
Learn to laugh at yourself, and you will never be without a source of amusement.

Amber Williams

One could also make the assumption Abel may be snarking particularly because he is still annoyed about not being able to go back to SAIA himself, so he may be just being a butt on principle.

It's one of those tricky types of writing at times.  Not nearly as difficult when you are having a character lie or a character is making a completely wrong assumption about something...a lot of times a reader will take what a character says at complete face value and they forget that many times a character may not have the information that a reader has.  (A good example may be back when Dan faced off against Dark Pegasus and DP mentioned his plan to use a Fae soul.  As readers you know now that what he had planned probably wouldn't have worked out had he actually attempted it.  A lot of folks still mail me asking about this thinking it's a technical error on my part when the answer is usually a much simpler "Dark Pegasus was misinformed and wrong about his theory.")

Jasonrevall

That is very well put Amber :3

And Dan has been searching for a woman to accept him how he is for awhile. His will shall surely not fail him now that he has found one XD

I'm also very happy Mab has more face time. I don't think we've had much of her recently :C
Forward ever onward upward aiming skyward.

MT Hazard

A key thing to remember is that "Real life doesn't make sense, so why should fiction?" Well rounded characters should be able to lie, cheat and do illogical, emotional things.

I'm convinced that a lot of haters problems with (other) web comics boil down to "How dare these characters be petty, greedy and stupid? How dare they have realistic character flaws?" I know that people want fiction to make sense, which is why ambiguous endings are such a pain. If we treat characters as people with their own thoughts, feelings and motivations then we can just sit back and enjoy the stories.

As Amber points out, characters do not have the privileged position of knowledge that the reader has, they only know what they are told or find out. A good writer remembers this.

I appear to have gone a little off track...
Grammar and I Don't always get on.

Link of the moment:  Sleepless domain (web comic) 

Anker Steadfast

GAH - I have been lured into fiddling with forum tamagotchies.

joshofspam

Quote from: Anker Steadfast on July 10, 2011, 08:44:41 AM
Alternatively, there's this rumor that Abel might be a jerk:D

So do you think that Abel might have spiked the last batch of cupcakes with catnip?

I guess Abel's statement of those being his cupcakes translated just as well to Mab, as they did to Fa'lina. Wonder if Fa'lina and Mab will have a word with each other before Dan leaves?

Mab is a Cupcake moocher too? Double say it ain't so? :<
I perfer my spam cooked on a skillet.

OminousShadow

You know, I wouldn't mind being in the position Abel is saying that Dan is going to be in at SAIA.
97% of teens would cry if they saw Robert Pattinson (Edward Cullen from Twilight) standing on top of a skyscraper, about to jump. If you're one of the 3% who would sit there eating popcorn screaming "DO A FLIP, YOU SPARKLY (I am not smart enough to use polite words)!" then copy and paste.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: OminousShadow on July 11, 2011, 07:13:45 PM
You know, I wouldn't mind being in the position Abel is saying that Dan is going to be in at SAIA.

What, locked for a month in an area filled with over-emotional wrecks? Takes all sorts, I guess.
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Turnsky

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on July 12, 2011, 06:45:44 AM

What, locked for a month in an area filled with over-emotional wrecks? Takes all sorts, I guess.

it'd be like camping for a month with furries.  >:3

Dragons, it's what's for dinner... with gravy and potatoes, YUM!
Sparta? no, you should've taken that right at albuquerque..

Grey Wolf

Quote from: joshofspam on July 10, 2011, 05:32:36 PM

So do you think that Abel might have spiked the last batch of cupcakes with catnip?

I guess Abel's statement of those being his cupcakes translated just as well to Mab, as they did to Fa'lina. Wonder if Fa'lina and Mab will have a word with each other before Dan leaves?

Mab is a Cupcake moocher too? Double say it ain't so? :<

Maybe he was also making some for the party? That was an awful lot of batter for just a snack.
Warning: This forum goer is prone to bouts of logic, and has a dry sense of humor.

OminousShadow

Well when you put it like that, it does sound bad.
97% of teens would cry if they saw Robert Pattinson (Edward Cullen from Twilight) standing on top of a skyscraper, about to jump. If you're one of the 3% who would sit there eating popcorn screaming "DO A FLIP, YOU SPARKLY (I am not smart enough to use polite words)!" then copy and paste.

Naldru

who are also likely to rip out people's spines at random.
Learn to laugh at yourself, and you will never be without a source of amusement.

Maark30

Quote from: Turnsky on July 12, 2011, 06:48:33 AM

it'd be like camping for a month with furries.  >:3

But the smell from all those unwashed fursuits would kill you.
Proud member of the "Let the artist know how much you love her work" club

Madd the Sane

Apparently Dan got to Lost Lake whole, even with Pygmy Shrews biting his ankles.
Get out of my mind, idea!  I already have an idea in here!
Don't you hate it when you have an idea, don't write it down, and forget it?

justacritic

Could it be a coping mechanism? After all people are never usually the same after extreme trauma.