06/08/11 [DSWC: V #27] - So it's tough you say, huh?

Started by Corgatha Taldorthar, June 08, 2011, 12:34:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Corgatha Taldorthar

Battletoads. Hmm, never played them, now you've made me want to go look up the series to see if it's really as bad/hard as you say it is.

Although in my book, it'll have a tough time beating  Kurasawa 2 for "in your face fast blowy up death" difficulty, or level 126 (IIRC) of Chip's challenge for "WTF do I DOOOOOOOOOOO!?" difficulty. Come to think of it, the later levels of Chip's challenge were *brutal*
Someday, when we look back on this, we'll both laugh nervously and change the subject. More is good. All is better.

Darkmoon

In Brightest Day. In Blackest Night...

Corgatha Taldorthar

I've seen worse.

Although one does wonder how those blue ramps stay in the air........
Someday, when we look back on this, we'll both laugh nervously and change the subject. More is good. All is better.

Darkmoon

Bear in mind the guy did memorize the stage. I think that was part of a speed run.

That was also only the third stage of an eight stage game, and the rest of the stages, as I recall from people that could get past that stage, were all worse.

joshofspam

Quote from: Darkmoon on June 08, 2011, 07:34:49 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=idZ9C0Qtj2A

Well... put another game that can cause me to zone out.

I feel funny now and not in the hahaha kind of way.

Super Mario Bros. and Robowarrior had their own takes in sadistic torture for me.
I perfer my spam cooked on a skillet.

Darkmoon

The original SMB wasn't as impossible as Battletoads, though. I could actually make my way much farther into that game than I ever could in Battletoads.

joshofspam

No doubt about that Darkmoon.

I at least beat the original SMB. Though the Super long jump at around the end made beating the game a matter of luck for me.

Never got the chance to play Battle Toads. But judging from my reaction to the video, it was probably best for my health. :erk

Darkmoon

I played Battletoads, Battletoads and Double Dragon, and Super Battletoads. I would always get to that speeder stage (since all the games were pretty much interchangeable), and I would always have to quit cause I couldn't get past it.

Fucking games.

joshofspam

And let's not forget Darkmoon. Few games at that time had save options and usually had limited continues.

At least some of the games I played back then.

Edit: Or the use of codes to continue a game. Horrible, horrible codes.