05/09/2011 [DMFA #1217] - So she nuked it , after all

Started by VAE, May 09, 2011, 12:04:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Psy-Kosh

Quote from: Grey Wolf on May 11, 2011, 07:58:47 AM
Hey, now. There are other examples.

IIRC, the second example is actually supposed to be some type of mythos, and not a dragon.

Naldru

Learn to laugh at yourself, and you will never be without a source of amusement.

VAE

One sidethought.

If Cyra has already been a triwing at this point, (the pic isn't *historically accurate* but who knows?) then this city takeover has happened during the dragon-cubi war.
Puts a different spin to it - she was essentially conquering territory and it all went wrong. Though, compare with any of the world wars we had.
What i cannot create, i do not understand. - Richard P. Feynman
This is DMFA. Where major species don't understand clothing. So innuendo is overlooked for nuendo. .
Saphroneth

Turnsky

Quote from: Naldru on May 11, 2011, 12:16:00 PM
Quote from: Amber Williams on May 10, 2011, 12:45:25 AM
Don't worry. Given enough time I will probably hate everything equally. :B
... except Fraggles :goamber

i still say That Amber thinks she's a fraggle and tries to subsist on nothing but doozer sticks.  :P

it explains so much

Dragons, it's what's for dinner... with gravy and potatoes, YUM!
Sparta? no, you should've taken that right at albuquerque..

Maark30

Quote from: Grey Wolf on May 11, 2011, 07:58:47 AM
Quote from: VAE on May 10, 2011, 05:04:10 PM
Quote from: Tilendor on May 10, 2011, 05:03:17 PM
Don't forget the dragon that was guarding DP's lair when Dan vanquished him last time, the one that Dan owed money to.  Didn't seem to be an evil dragon to me.
Only because to be evil you need to pass an aptitude test.
Hey, now. There are other examples.

Burasi was a good example but the one on page 530 was a Cubi doing a Dragon shift.  I would think that the only real dragon that was in SAIA was Pyroduck, and he was sent to live with the Phoenix Oracles for his developing years (at least I doubt that Fa'lina actually raised him in SAIA).
Proud member of the "Let the artist know how much you love her work" club

Grey Wolf

Well, it is possible for a cubi and a dragon to have offspring (albeit highly unlikely in cannon, but hey, I'm sure someone's done it).
Personally, seeing as she raised a dragon as a son, I don't think Fa'lina would turn away a perfectly good teacher because of his/her/its race.
Warning: This forum goer is prone to bouts of logic, and has a dry sense of humor.

Attic Rat

Quote from: VAE on May 11, 2011, 09:29:17 PM
One sidethought.

If Cyra has already been a triwing at this point, (the pic isn't *historically accurate* but who knows?) then this city takeover has happened during the dragon-cubi war.
Puts a different spin to it - she was essentially conquering territory and it all went wrong. Though, compare with any of the world wars we had.

Good point, that part about conquering territory. That's how nations are created. If you can conquer and control a place, it's yours for as long as you can defend it.
From that point of view, Cyra's actions aren't evil. Poorly planned, maybe.
Which would you like to be, ignorant or misled?

llearch n'n'daCorna

One sidethought.

Does nobody read the comic? "this was widely considered to be what started the Cubi-Dragon war." doesn't seem to be much space to argue the point, there. She nuked him, and the war started. And she got tri-wing out of it, I think.

About on par with Germany invading Poland in the second world war, then declaring war afterwards, I think.

Quote from: Maark30 on May 12, 2011, 01:37:03 AM
Burasi was a good example but the one on page 530 was a Cubi doing a Dragon shift.  I would think that the only real dragon that was in SAIA was Pyroduck, and he was sent to live with the Phoenix Oracles for his developing years (at least I doubt that Fa'lina actually raised him in SAIA).

I hate to break it to you, but the big blue thing on page 530 has been identified as a mythos by Amber. If you give me a little time, I may even find a reference for you...
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

VAE

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on May 12, 2011, 01:13:02 PM
One sidethought.

Does nobody read the comic? "this was widely considered to be what started the Cubi-Dragon war." doesn't seem to be much space to argue the point, there. She nuked him, and the war started. And she got tri-wing out of it, I think.

About on par with Germany invading Poland in the second world war, then declaring war afterwards, I think.

*sigh*

Good job on me being an imbecile/illiterate/both ... explains why the picture there is not historically accurate , too.
Thanks, boxy!
Though, that means she was able to kill a full-fledged dragon before gaining tri-wing... nice.
What i cannot create, i do not understand. - Richard P. Feynman
This is DMFA. Where major species don't understand clothing. So innuendo is overlooked for nuendo. .
Saphroneth

Alondro

Quote from: Turnsky on May 12, 2011, 01:33:43 AM
Quote from: Naldru on May 11, 2011, 12:16:00 PM
Quote from: Amber Williams on May 10, 2011, 12:45:25 AM
Don't worry. Given enough time I will probably hate everything equally. :B
... except Fraggles :goamber

i still say That Amber thinks she's a fraggle and tries to subsist on nothing but doozer sticks.  :P

it explains so much

Well, I dunno about Doozer sticks, but Amber was subsisting almost entirely on Swedish Fish for a time.  :3

And, so far, Mows have not been evil.  *a day later, the Great Mow Invasion takes place, and all Furrae is left in ruins*
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: VAE on May 12, 2011, 01:38:05 PM
Good job on me being an imbecile/illiterate/both ... explains why the picture there is not historically accurate , too.
Thanks, boxy!
Though, that means she was able to kill a full-fledged dragon before gaining tri-wing... nice.

Nah. Merely inattentive. ;-] Besides, you managed to spell illiterate. *grin*

And yes... I do wonder what she did to achieve it. Merely be extremely sneaky? That would be effective, and expected of Cubi. But... most Cubi would not be sneaky enough. So... given she didn't have the power when she started, and only gained it after defeating M'Chek... and M'Chek had the power he'd gained from harvesting souls from all the people in his city... and that it'd be a fairly large city, since safety draws people in... and that, in any city, there are at least a few people dying every day (and, obviously, being born, etc) even when things are calm and peaceful... how on earth did she defeat him? Sneak up behind him and knife him in the ribs? We can see how well that worked on Pyroduck.

Food for thought.
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Maark30

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on May 12, 2011, 01:13:02 PM

Quote from: Maark30 on May 12, 2011, 01:37:03 AM
Burasi was a good example but the one on page 530 was a Cubi doing a Dragon shift.  I would think that the only real dragon that was in SAIA was Pyroduck, and he was sent to live with the Phoenix Oracles for his developing years (at least I doubt that Fa'lina actually raised him in SAIA).

I hate to break it to you, but the big blue thing on page 530 has been identified as a mythos by Amber. If you give me a little time, I may even find a reference for you...

No problem, I was just going against the idea that the teacher in question was a Dragon and not another species.  After having an OOlong in the library I expect that Mythos might just be a common non cubi member of SAIA Staff
Proud member of the "Let the artist know how much you love her work" club

Anker Steadfast

I suspect that Cyra could have had some artifact to help her out in the fight against M'Chek.
Maybe a dozer stick ....

... it would explain ... well, nothing at all !

:D

GAH - I have been lured into fiddling with forum tamagotchies.