25/03/2011 [DMFA# 1204] - Different kinds of bonding?

Started by Madd the Sane, March 25, 2011, 01:33:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Madd the Sane

I can see where this could get strange.
And apparently Abel knows that Kria can be a little... flirtatious with people.
Get out of my mind, idea!  I already have an idea in here!
Don't you hate it when you have an idea, don't write it down, and forget it?

RandomMetaphysics

Quote from: Madd the Sane on March 25, 2011, 01:33:39 AM
I can see where this could get strange.
And apparently Abel knows that Kria can be a little... flirtatious with people.
A little? We all know that's being too polite >:3
After all, this is Kria we're talking about.

Also, is that an Xbox I spy in the background?

RobbieThe1st

As far as the layout goes, bigger = better IMHO. This layout seems to work nicely; being able to see all the cool little details sharply is nice.

As far as the -content- goes... Heh. Standard Kria.
I wonder if it was something like Kria ended up tearing off all or most of his clothes, at which point someone else comes into the room... Hilarity ensues.

Pasteris.ttf <- Pasteris is the font used for text in DMFA.

Sofox

I love the new format, assuming it stays up for a while.
In retrospect, it's kinda surprising it didn't happen earlier, it happens with a bunch of other webcomics. Amber's art skill has evolved so much with much more detail, that the strip format doesn't really suit it as much anymore. The characters look much better as a result.

And as for the comic, ha, brilliant expressions as always, the antagonism between Abel and Dan is priceless.

Tapewolf

Love the new format.  Regarding the story, I still think it's something Kria said rather than just her desire to get her hooves on Dan...

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

ChaosMageX

Quote from: RandomMetaphysics on March 25, 2011, 01:43:23 AM

That certainly appears to be an Xbox 360 in the background, and it appears to be one of the newer models as well.
Unfortunately from the angle of the shot, we can't tell if that TV that it's connected to is a newer flat screen model or an older tube model, but it might be more likely that it's the former.
And on the other side of is a rack for holding video entertainment of some sort, but there's too little detail to tell if it's holding VHS tapes, DVDs, or perhaps even Blu-Ray Discs.

This happens to peak my interest because from the dates in this strip, the current DMFA comic date is 1990.  It's interesting because most of the newer technologies I've just listed above didn't become mainstream until 10 years (and in the case of the clearly visible Xbox 360, 15 years) after that date in our world.

This has two possibilities:
1) Being technology has actually managed to progress faster than previously assumed (which was also hinted by Jyrras's development of directed energy weaponry).
2) DMFA uses a different calendar than we do, making their 1990 chronologically equivalent to our 2010, or perhaps even a later date beyond that.

Given the heavy presence of magic in the world of DMFA stunting the development of technology, which has been stated in other comics, particularly this comic, I'm still more inclined to believe that it's the latter of the two possibilities, but I could be mistaken.

Icon by Sunblink

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: ChaosMageX on March 25, 2011, 07:47:29 AM
And on the other side of is a rack for holding video entertainment of some sort, but there's too little detail to tell if it's holding VHS tapes, DVDs, or perhaps even Blu-Ray Discs.

... or even games for the Xbox...
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Alondro

*Charline shakes her head in disgust at Abel's reaction*  Feh, youngster Cubi are such wusses these days!  Back in MY day, we would grab every juicy detail, salivating over the humiliation and XXX-rated erotic descriptions!  Then, we'd use the info for blackmail!   :mwaha

*sighs*  The proper evil is lost on the youth!

Not to mention, Abel's just a wimp overall.  Meh, just because his father killed his best friend and beat his mom a bit after lying to them for over two decades.  MY father was killed by an adventuring 'hero' and my mom had her soul torn out by a cunning demon... whom I actually admire because he was SOOOO good at being evil!  You can't help but respect that level of wickedness and cleverness.   >:3
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

ChaosMageX

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on March 25, 2011, 08:05:15 AM

That would explain why some of them are in green cases.

Icon by Sunblink

Tapewolf

Yeah, I don't think you can compare the calendars, given that the 'Cubi race alone has a 100'000 year recorded history.

ChaosMageX

Quote from: Tapewolf on March 25, 2011, 08:50:48 AM
Yeah, I don't think you can compare the calendars, given that the 'Cubi race alone has a 100'000 year recorded history.

Is all that history in that special book that that Daryil clan cubi found in the song And Daryil Answered?

Icon by Sunblink

joshofspam

In the back room?

You know Kria was having trouble finding out what Dan's beef is with Regina?

Politics with Twinks and Demons is probably something you should stay away from if your an outsider. Probably makes it more so when it involves family matters as well from both sides.

Did Dan cut a deal?

Though can't dismiss the fact that Kria's a bit of a flirt either. :)
I perfer my spam cooked on a skillet.

Bakoneko

New format is cool! It makes the facial expressions look more extreme to me. Though part of that may be because this is a comic with more extreme expressions.  :mowhappy

I'm guessing that's an older TV. It looks as if it has four feet, one pair further back from the front, plus it has those older-looking controls on the face, plus the highlights make the screen look slightly rounded. Plus, do they even make flat-screens in brown? (Presumably they might in DMFA world, but it's weird in my imagination.)

Quote from: Tapewolf on March 25, 2011, 05:23:22 AM
Regarding the story, I still think it's something Kria said rather than just her desire to get her hooves on Dan...

I agree, it seems deliberately misleading. To Abel as well as to us. I expect him to say "...pulled me into a room and asked if it was true that you were staying here. She wanted me to give you a message." Or something crazier along those lines. ^_^
~ Bakoneko >^^<

*** Is a girl ***

Anker Steadfast

Well, Abel isn't *really* tryinng to make Dan go away and stop talking to him.
If he was, he'd probably be showing his teeth 'n' stuff.

Like this ..

:D

Quote from: ChaosMageX on March 25, 2011, 10:19:06 AM
Quote from: Tapewolf on March 25, 2011, 08:50:48 AM
Is all that history in that special book that that Daryil clan cubi found in the song And Daryil Answered?

Uh, I must have missed that bit, when was this ?

GAH - I have been lured into fiddling with forum tamagotchies.

AxiLarin

The new format is just fine.  I always feel comics shouldn't have to be a slave to the same old format, anyway.

I have been loving Abel's expressions over the last few months.  As for what happened to Dan at the party... I would lose it if Dan revealed he did run into Regina and then told Abel, "So that's when I suddenly figured out your vorpal sword summoning trick!"

D'ymkarra

Quote from: Bakoneko on March 25, 2011, 12:59:54 PM
Quote from: Tapewolf on March 25, 2011, 05:23:22 AM
Regarding the story, I still think it's something Kria said rather than just her desire to get her hooves on Dan...

I agree, it seems deliberately misleading. To Abel as well as to us. I expect him to say "...pulled me into a room and asked if it was true that you were staying here. She wanted me to give you a message." Or something crazier along those lines. ^_^

Thirded. The fact that Dan doesn't want to tell Wildy leads me to believe it had something to do with Kria asking him what his issue was with Regina...And that he agreed to/ let slip something potentially compromising?
'It'd be such an honour, to be personally smacked upside the head by the artist herself' - Bjalf

MT Hazard

I do like the new format, perhaps we've seen the last of the old triple 6 x three fifty?

Advantage of web comics over standard print, you can add all sorts of things, change size and shape, Alt text and GIF sections if your so inclined.
Grammar and I Don't always get on.

Link of the moment:  Sleepless domain (web comic) 

lilpuppy23

Quote from: RandomMetaphysics on March 25, 2011, 01:43:23 AM

That's what I thought too...

I guess it is: http://www.xbox.com/en-US/Xbox360/Home. looks a bit blockier there though, the one next to the TV is a bit smoother along the edges.

joshofspam

Well this wasn't so bad.

After all, wasn't Dan thinking that Abel had the "Hots for Teacher" going on with his mom. I blame Dan for Abel not getting his mind out of the gutter.

Dan is obviously a corrupting influence on innocent Cubi. :P
I perfer my spam cooked on a skillet.

iceick

Quote from: iceick on March 11, 2011, 01:12:04 PM
I'm thinking Kria ripped his shirt off and tried to :censored him at the party and he's leaving out of embarrassment.
It seems my prediction is starting to look better and better. :batman

On a side note, Abel's expression is hilarious in the last frame. :erk :mwaha

Lurkie

Just adding my own voice to the chorus of "we like the new format."  I think it works well -- I can see more detail, and it gives Amber room to add things as she needs.  Besides, this is a webcomic.  There's no need to be constrained to any one format, unlike newspaper comics.

I have to say that I like Dan's expression in panel 4.  "I've got you now, Abel."  Of course, Abel's reaction is pretty funny, too.   :)

Finally, anent the TV, I'm going to agree with Bakoneko.  He mentioned all the reasons I was going to give.  The reflections on the screen are the main give away.  I can see the same sort of highlight on my TV right now.  My flat-screen computer monitor doesn't have that kind of reflection.

Edit:
Um, what's that thing Abel's playing with in panels two and four?  It looks like a 3.5" floppy in panel two, but it looks like he's reading a book in panel four. 
|  Space   ||   Space  ||  It's Hard  ||  A Place  ||  Burma  |
|  is Big  ||  is Dark ||   to Find   ||  to Park  ||  Shave  |

Drayco84

This has probably been done before, but I still feel compelled to do it...

Lorenda's mom... Has got it goin'-*Gets shot.*-on...

Bakoneko

Quote from: Lurkie on March 26, 2011, 03:36:49 PM
...I'm going to agree with Bakoneko.  He mentioned all the reasons I was going to give.

She. >^-^< And clearly she has got to get herself a profile picture.

Quote from: Lurkie on March 26, 2011, 03:36:49 PMUm, what's that thing Abel's playing with in panels two and four?  It looks like a 3.5" floppy in panel two, but it looks like he's reading a book in panel four. 

It's a book. What we see in panel two isn't the book, but something (loose DVD?) that's lying on the floor beyond Abel in such a way that it kinda looks like it's in his hand. I'm pretty sure.
~ Bakoneko >^^<

*** Is a girl ***

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Bakoneko on March 27, 2011, 03:01:02 AM
Quote from: Lurkie on March 26, 2011, 03:36:49 PM
...I'm going to agree with Bakoneko.  He mentioned all the reasons I was going to give.

She. >^-^< And clearly she has got to get herself a profile picture.

I can offer some help there, if you want. Only... I'm not allowed to post those pictures on the forum. At least, not in _this_ area... ;-]

Tapewolf

Quote from: Bakoneko on March 27, 2011, 03:01:02 AM
What we see in panel two isn't the book, but something (loose DVD?) that's lying on the floor beyond Abel in such a way that it kinda looks like it's in his hand. I'm pretty sure.

With the green border, I'd say it's a game left lying on the floor, presumably the case for the disk left in the machine.

Anker Steadfast

Quote from: Drayco84 on March 26, 2011, 06:19:28 PM

Heh, that reminds me of this one (a bit NSFW), it's a pretty catchy tune. :D

GAH - I have been lured into fiddling with forum tamagotchies.

ooklah

I for one, welcome our new page format Overlords.
<wakka wakka wakka wakka wakka wakka>
"Why no, officer, I am not made of pancakes."

Turnsky

Quote from: ChaosMageX on March 25, 2011, 08:37:11 AM
Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on March 25, 2011, 08:05:15 AM

That would explain why some of them are in green cases.

or the fact that there's something that looks like either the newer 360 slim console, or the older elite on the other side~

Dragons, it's what's for dinner... with gravy and potatoes, YUM!
Sparta? no, you should've taken that right at albuquerque..

Ghostwish

<snip>

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Anker Steadfast on March 27, 2011, 02:26:46 PM
Quote from: Drayco84 on March 26, 2011, 06:19:28 PM

Heh, that reminds me of this one (a bit NSFW), it's a pretty catchy tune. :D

... given that's the same tune he was parodying, I'd say that yes, it does seem somewhat similar. ;-]